The Buyer / Seller Feedback forum is closed, but will remain available for a couple of years while members build their iTrader rating history. I've pasted in our iTrader rules below, please familiarize yourself with them.
Thank you for leaving feedback for other members you've had transactions with; it makes our classifieds forum work better for all of us.
Club Lexus has implemented the iTrader system for members to document feedback for transactions that occur on our forum. iTrader replaces our buyer/seller feedback forum and should be used for sales or trades that occur in the Club Lexus classified forums only
Every Club Lexus member now has an iTrader profile which includes a rating (the little number in parentheses in the profile area under your screen name where you post), as well as short comments from other members you've bought from and sold to. Example: DaveGS4 (7) means that the Club Lexus member with the User ID DaveGS4 has received feedback from at least seven other Club Lexus members. If you click that link you'll see a summary of that feedback.
Feedback can be left for buyers, sellers and barters (trades). We will also allow feedback for our vendor sponsors using iTrader. We do have a few simple rules if you plan to use the new feedback tool:
1) Must link to classifieds post: For member sales or trades, you must link the URL from the Club Lexus classifieds to verify the exchange took place on our forum. If any feedback is posted without a link, it is subject to deletion without notification. You can ask the person who gave you the feedback to re-submit it should your feedback be removed, but it must include the link.
2) Manipulation of ratings: Any attempt at manipulation of the iTrader system will result in a permanent ban from Club Lexus without exception. Manipulation includes (but is not limited to):
- Self iTrader Feedback - No individual is allowed to provide feedback on themselves. This includes creating multiple accounts with the intent of boosting your own rating.
- 'Friend' or 'Group' iTrader Feedback - No group of individuals are allowed to provide intentional false ratings for their friends or to ask for ratings on fictional or mock trading. If its a real valid transaction between friends, it's fine to document feedback.
- Leaving offensive or false feedback - Keep your responses mature and constructive.
- iTrader Threat or Intimidation - No individual should use the iTrader rating system as a threat. Honest iTrader feedback should be given to those who deserve it; negative, positive or neutral.
3) Negative feedback should include a very detailed description of the issue with the transaction or product and a description of efforts made to resolve any problems in addition to the sale link.
4) Posting historical feedback: If you've already posted negative feedback in the buyer/seller feedback forum, this is not an opportunity to "punish twice" by repeating negative feedback from the past. If there is unresolved negative feedback posted you'd like to re-record please PM DaveGS4. Without CL Admin approval, all negative iTrader feedback should be from March 2009 and forward. It is OK to repeat positive feedback without this permission.
The buyer/seller feedback forum will be retained for research on buyers and sellers, but will be closed from future postings. All future feedback should be contained in iTrader only. After a couple of years the feedback forum may be archived.
How iTrader works and FAQ
The feedback rating system is similar to what you'd find on auction sites like eBay. You receive:
+1 point for each positive comment
0 points for each neutral comment
-1 point for each negative comment
The feedback you post cannot be changed, edited or erased, so be sure to make only fair and factual comments.
Directions for use:
- Click on the buyer/sellers username from any post, or their profile to open the option menu. If in the profile, look for the iTrader link up in the top right under mini-statistics
- This will take you to that users iTrader profile, where there is a link to submit feedback. Note: this link is not available for your own profile.
- From the submit form you can leave feedback for the user. The fields you need to fill in include:
- The 'Short comments' box is what all other users will see. Profanity, or name calling (scammer, liar, etc.), and posting of personal information such as physical or email addresses will not be tolerated.
- 'Deal thread URL' is the post from the buyer or seller that the iTrader feedback and rating is in relation to. This link is required and limits feedback to a specific transaction. For CL vendor feedback, this link is optional.
- 'Additional comments' can be left for the buyer/seller and can only be viewed by the other party and the moderator team.
When should I check another member's iTrader rating?
Check it out before you post a question on a sellers thread or before completing a transaction with a member. You can check the buyer or seller's member rating by clicking on their username in any thread and checking the iTrader listing (see the image below). Sellers may also want to view the member profiles of buyer to see how reliable they've been in the past.
How do I leave iTrader feedback and ratings?
After you make a sale or purchase, remember to leave feedback for the member you bought from or sold to. This helps everyone in the Club Lexus community know what it's like to do business with that member.
How do I respond to iTrader feedback and ratings?
After receiving feedback from someone you can leave a response. This can be a simple thank you, a resolution for the issue or your side of the story. iTrader is not intended to be a communication system for resolving an issue, please us the PM (Private Message) system to communicate with the other party.
I accidently hit negative feedback instead of positive, what do I do?
Contact a forum moderator in this situation. We will not make edits or changes otherwise for text errors, adds of details, etc. so be sure to proof before you save your feedback.
As always, the classifieds on our forum operate under the "Caveat Emptor" principle of buying and selling at your own risk. While we cannot be responsible for the content in the iTrader system, we hope members will utilize this new feature in their research when deciding to make a transaction with another member. We welcome any feedback and questions on the new tool (please post in the site suggestions and questions forum).