Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our ClubLexus Marketplace classifieds forum. Please read rules before posting here!

fireballs gs400 - dishonest, fradulent seller. Buyers beware (UPDATE Refunds issued)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-08, 09:28 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fireballs gs400 - dishonest, fradulent seller. Buyers beware (UPDATE Refunds issued)

I don't really know how else to title it. I bought an exhaust from Bryan (fireballs gs400), and it wasn't in the condition I was told it would be in. It seems like that's the theme of many items he sells to people. Apparently I'm not the only one that has a bad encounter buying from Bryan.

I hate to make these types of threads as I rarely bash people. Our transaction probably could be dated back since December 2007.

As said, I bought an exhaust from Bryan. Exhaust had rust spots and holes in it and was apparently bent in shipping (barely any packaging materials). I spent $125 out of my own pocket to get the exhaust welded as I still wanted it. Go to install it and found out that it was bent in shipping anyways and would require maybe heating to rebend it back. I don't want to spend more money (on top of the original price I paid for the exhaust).

Bryan said he would refund me some money to help fix it (I truely wanted a full refund since I don't want to fix this exhaust as I feel it's not my fault I received a bad exhaust).

It's been probably about a month now and I haven't received any money from Bryan. I don't see why he can't paypal me. Says he shipped out two checks but I've yet to receive anything.

Here's the pictures. Point is, don't buy ANYTHING from this seller unless you are buying it locally (maybe).

Old 02-04-08, 06:54 AM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is my problem and the link
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=326849
JP

Last edited by JPI Racing; 02-04-08 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the link
Old 02-04-08, 07:10 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Guys read the rules - need links and dates of transaction (JPI) please
Old 02-04-08, 07:17 AM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

If anyone else get screw by Bryan, Please p.m me and Mike.
JP
Old 02-04-08, 07:23 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

JPI although it hasn't been 30 days I'm allowing this complaint to stay (detailed proof) pending resolution due to other reported issues with the seller >30 days.

I need to be very clear who the buyer is and I'm assuming it's you, not Speedaddic (who posted the pictures). If not you need to clarify and Speedaddic needs to make this post
Old 02-04-08, 07:46 AM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Dave,
I'm the buyer of his product.
JP
Old 02-04-08, 07:51 AM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Here is the thread where my transaction took place: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=316841

Most of it was through pm's which I will leave out because it's kinda irrelevant.

Here's another thread on another forum (Supraforums) about complaints on him too: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=468613
Old 02-04-08, 08:04 AM
olddog
Pole Position

welcome to the club my friend.
I spent over 3 months waiting for a tte lip to show up in the classifieds. and then all a sudden about 4show up at once. i decided to buy his.
sent payment and waited for lip for over 3-4 weeks but no tte lip.
after about 3 weeks, i get this pm that his mechanic damaged it while taking it off. okay, although sad,sounded fair (although i felt really bad he made me miss out on the tte lips in the classifieds after my long wait).
how about a refund then since there was no more tte lip. took over a month to get a refund (which could be done with a single click of a button on paypal). He was always busy according to him. Made me loose out on all them tte lips.
Poor me still don't have a tte lip.
good luck with your situation.

olddog
Old 02-04-08, 08:06 AM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Dave,
I don't want to make it personal. But who are we protecting here? The scammer? or People like us try to make an honest living. Everytime something this like come up, nothing will get done. And the mod trying to pick everything a little thing that I do. I've been a long time support of CL and sponsor. And I demand some respect around here. If it's too much of a trouble, I will not return to CL. And Please don't tell me about the little sign that I have.... Your time is better spent elsewhere!
JP

Last edited by JPI Racing; 02-04-08 at 08:12 AM.
Old 02-04-08, 09:47 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

Originally Posted by mikevanle
I don't really know how else to title it. I bought an exhaust from Bryan (fireballs gs400), and it wasn't in the condition I was told it would be in. It seems like that's the theme of many items he sells to people. Apparently I'm not the only one that has a bad encounter buying from Bryan.

I hate to make these types of threads as I rarely bash people. Our transaction probably could be dated back since December 2007.

As said, I bought an exhaust from Bryan. Exhaust had rust spots and holes in it and was apparently bent in shipping (barely any packaging materials). I spent $125 out of my own pocket to get the exhaust welded as I still wanted it. Go to install it and found out that it was bent in shipping anyways and would require maybe heating to rebend it back. I don't want to spend more money (on top of the original price I paid for the exhaust).

Bryan said he would refund me some money to help fix it (I truely wanted a full refund since I don't want to fix this exhaust as I feel it's not my fault I received a bad exhaust).

It's been probably about a month now and I haven't received any money from Bryan. I don't see why he can't paypal me. Says he shipped out two checks but I've yet to receive anything.

Here's the pictures. Point is, don't buy ANYTHING from this seller unless you are buying it locally (maybe).

With Michael Van Le/Marie/nguyen deal... I mailed a check him along with a piece for a grill from sinistevr and also josh. I received one of those back, and the others are mia. I emailed mike and told him I would be sending another on supraforums. Emailed josh and asked if he received one as well. obviously something happened when I then received the grille piece back in the box. It is in the mail along with the other items I mailed out. The exhaust situation is over in my book. Buyer was not happy with product so he gets product for free minus shipping. The defense of shipping crushed item, it was in fine working order when taken off car.

As far as the lip...could not get it off car without damage...olddog was refunded money.

jp was not happy with the Engine cover....speedaddict was much more calm and not beligerant...received it "Thursday" I did not have in my hands until sunday evening. Refunding money this evening when I look at it.

You can call me what you will, I apologized when there was a problem, and took care of any situation the best I could with the time allowed. Sorry I am a fraudulent seller dishonest seller ...doesn't matter.

The supraforum problem was getting the part off. He (hooper) thought it was off the car, i figured before hand (which was my problem) that it was not require a individual who had done it before or someone who did not trust their skills. It also took me a few extra days due to getting him a bareing installed on it....to do it for his trouble. He received the part, was happy...just upset it took that long.

Like I said all money is either in hand today or in transit.
Old 02-04-08, 10:05 AM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Bryan, please just send me the refund via paypal. If I receive any checks from you, I'll rip it up and toss it out.

michaelvanle@comcast.com
Old 02-04-08, 10:11 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally Posted by JPI Racing
Dave,
I don't want to make it personal. But who are we protecting here? The scammer? or People like us try to make an honest living. Everytime something this like come up, nothing will get done. And the mod trying to pick everything a little thing that I do. I've been a long time support of CL and sponsor. And I demand some respect around here. If it's too much of a trouble, I will not return to CL. And Please don't tell me about the little sign that I have.... Your time is better spent elsewhere!
JP
JP,

You earn my respect and 'demanding' it in this public manner significantly erodes every bit of it that you've got built up.

If you are going to publicly complain about me politely asking you via PM to remove a 'for sale' from your signature and remove the advertising URL from your profile THAT I TOOK OFF TWICE NOW since you are no longer a CL Vendor, then yes I unfortunately agree with you. If you can't follow our advertising rules I do suggest that you not return to CL.

I very much appreciate your support of the forum in the past, but I should not have to battle you about the forum rules over and over... the rules are posted, you need to take some time to read and understand them. If you aren't an approved vendor, then you can't advertise. It's very simple. We don't allow for sale in our signatures. Fireball's GS400 is going to get a warning as soon as I type this for having one in his. I'm not discriminating because you are a former vendor - it's a rule and we enforce it.

On your commentary that 'NOTHING HAPPENS' I suggest you have little visibility into the sales complaint situations that occur here on the forum. If sellers who receive negative feedback with good support and proof / pictures do not respond and work with the buyer complaining, I ban them. I close for sale items until problems get resolved and notify other potential problem buyers. I work via PM to try and get it resolved, just as I have in this case. I'm not expected to do this but I do to try to help make our classifieds a safer place to buy stuff.

I'm not sure who you are complaining about 'protecting', but it's obvious you have no clue what happens... we're working to protect our members and if you want to complain about I expect a PM next time instead of a public post. If I recall correctly, I even took a personal trip to do investigation for a sales problem you were having just a couple of months ago.

Should you want to continue being associated with Club Lexus, I strongly suggest you take some time to read the forum rules. And follow them.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq.php

=============================================
Mike, JP and Fireball - please PM me with status updates on this issue as checks are mailed. Mike, please CC me on the PM to Fireball with the address he should be mailing the refund check to. If you paid via Paypal, I'd suggest that you should be refunded that way as well.

UPDATE 2/13/2008:

Refunds have been issued and confirmed to both Mike and JPI. I consider this complaint resolved.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-13-08 at 11:27 AM.