Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our ClubLexus Marketplace classifieds forum. Please read rules before posting here!

Cal9126 - scammer

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-07, 07:25 PM
1uzsupra
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cal9126 - scammer

Member Cal9126 is a scammer and has committed fraud here on CL. Recently there were several of us here on CL who purchased items from him and paid for these items before Thanksgiving (I specifically paid for mine on Nov. 15) and have yet to receive these items or a refund. He has rarely answered PM's and when he has it was to lie some more about shipping the items in question. At least two of us, and possibly a third, have filed disputes through PayPal which we escalated to claims. PayPal found in our favor but was unable to collect money from him.

I am continuing to investigate ways to collect my money from Cal9126. If anyone has any leads to his exact residential address and phone number, I (and other members of CL) would appreciate it. This is an interstate transaction in which money was exchanged for tangible goods which were never received. I will use all means possible to collect the money owed to me.
Old 12-25-07, 11:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

please post the specific thread and item you purchased?
Old 12-26-07, 12:26 AM
Luin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=317092

I paid him with paypal $35 for the shifter bezel.

I have filed all the necessary things with paypal to possible get my money back.

PayPal shows his real name as: Paul Calabrese.

Paul goes under the name "Cal9126" other forums as well and after some research I believe he lives in Waterbury, Conn.

I have googled his name under Waterbury, but doesnt come up.

I have not recieved anything from "Cal9126". I recieved two PMs from him and thought all was well, but then all communication dropped.

I won my case with paypal, but there was zero dollars in his paypal account, so I won a whole lot of nothing.
Old 12-26-07, 12:31 AM
JesLet
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude, seriously Paypal sucks. They won't refund your money unless if you bought something on ebay or have an item number.

They won't refund your money if its a 2-party transaction. You can call your financial institution, but you have to show them proof such as tracking numbers, or whatever you can prove.

3% surcharge is a BS to me. I only use Paypal for ebay since I do not know any other option I have. Maybe Escrow but I haven't read the terms.
Old 12-26-07, 07:00 AM
1uzsupra
Rookie

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=317092

V8 AFM, ignitors, and ECU from a '93 SC400. So far I have come up with the same information as Luin as well and the same luck with PayPal, however I am out more at $200. I have collected a few Calabrese names in the Waterbury area which I plan on calling/writing to see if I can track this kid down.
Old 12-26-07, 08:58 AM
1uzsupra
Rookie

I have filed an official complaint with http://ic3.gov today against Paul Calabrese, complaint ID I0712261154015622. I would suggest anyone else here who has had the unfortunate experience of being scammed by Cal9126 do the same.

Anyone who has actually sold items to Cal9126, or actually received items from Cal9126, please PM me. I would like to speak with you regarding obtaining his mailing address.

If any moderators are reading this thread, please PM me. I would like the last IP address Cal9126 logged on to Club Lexus from.

Last edited by 1uzsupra; 12-26-07 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Added IC3 complaint ID for ref.
Old 12-26-07, 10:08 AM
SC4V1
Pole Position

http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318439

never received anything from him. I filed a dispute with paypal, but im sure i will probably get nothing.
Old 12-26-07, 06:36 PM
Luin
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its just so weird that Paul was like this. He replied to my PMs when this first happened and then **POOF** gone.

He used Cal9126 on many forums that google picked up. So out of all of those boards you would think someone would know how to get ahold of Paul.

Later tonight after im done with my "normal stuff", I am going to do alot of searching on other forums and see if I can get anymore info from any products that he may have sold to other people.
Old 12-26-07, 07:51 PM
1uzsupra
Rookie

Originally Posted by Luin

Later tonight after im done with my "normal stuff", I am going to do alot of searching on other forums and see if I can get anymore info from any products that he may have sold to other people.
Please keep the rest of us updated Luin. I am doing the same as well as you are already aware. It would be nice if CL would supply Cal9126's last logged IP address. If lesser bulletin boards out there can display it, vBulletin definitely has the capability.
Old 12-26-07, 08:06 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Guys, I've PMd the seller in question about this thread and am watching to see if he logs in (has not been online in a week)

I'm sorry but we will not supply the IP address; that would violate our privacy policy with our membership. If you have law enforcement working on this issue you can put them in touch with me.

I also ask you to please keep the chatter off this thread (it's just fine to do in PM) as described in our feedback forum rules. Posts from multiple members who had problems with the same seller are absolutely fine but post your feedback and associated details and we'll try to get the seller to respond.

I advise you to search his posts on this and other forums for keywords like 'phone' to see if there are other pieces of info you may gather.
Old 12-31-07, 03:59 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

i purchased a climate control unit from him on https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=317092
and also have not received anything from him. also filed a dispute with paypal, and they couldnt do much, so now im stuck and lost money.