Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our ClubLexus Marketplace classifieds forum. Please read rules before posting here!

R & J Dist - Seller Negative Feedback (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-07, 11:39 AM
sc300NJ
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R & J Dist - Seller Negative Feedback (merged threads)

Well for the secound time R&J Dist. *****ed me over! the secound time i bought a clutch pedal assembly from them and after a week to a week and a half later of purchase through paypal they on a EXTREMELY SLOW COMMUNICATION SKILLED LEVEL get back to me a say SORRY WE SOLD IT TO A LOCAL BUYER WE WILL REFUND YOU! Its not the money. my car is being takin apart for the soarer 5 speed swap. these parts were due monday this week. and just this morning i was told this its sold. Bull *****! now im being charged for storage since there will be no work being done to it and now i have to find a complete clutch assemblt set pedal master slave cylinder and all. now im about a week behind by the end of this week and still have to pay what ever the daily fee is and still have to look for the parts. and who has to pay for this inconveince? Me. lost alot more money and time. i wish some people just knew what they were doing!
Old 03-17-07, 12:18 PM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dhl just contacted me....it won't get here until monday. wtf...they say 2 days and they mean 6? what kind of crap is that?
Old 03-17-07, 12:26 PM
sc300NJ
Pole Position

^ so when did you pay for it? i bought them like the 5th! and just today they tell me they sold it to someone else. dont understand how you got it.
Old 03-31-07, 01:33 PM
Sliding SC
Pole Position

Default Seller R & J Dist = unfair / Dis-honest

, I paid $75.00 for shipping of a bumper that gets lost and delayed so my car could not get repaired and painted as scheduled so now I have to wait for the shop to reschedule me. Well anyway I file a service claim with DHL and they issue R & J a refund of $7.00. The Reason its only $7 is because R & J cheated DHL in the size and weight so that they pay less in shipping $12.00 to be exact. The problem is if DHL would have been paid properly I would have gotten a refund of around $70.00 I was only asking for $60.00 back but R & J refuses to pay and honor his word in issuing a refund. I'm thinking about telling DHL to check all of R & J shipments because he is basically ripping us (The Customers) and DHL the shippers off so that they can pocket the extra money. I have been very patient with everything and very reasonable asking for just $60.00 instead of $75.00 to cover the beat up box and trash they used to pack it with.... Just needed to vent...
Old 03-31-07, 07:02 PM
TT6SPDSC
Pole Position

Wow, guess it's not just me. The 97+ side and rear conversion I bought from them was poorly packaged and damaged during shipping. The door moldings were destroyed but R+J refunded me for them, the rear bumper was severely scratched up, so they partially refunded me for it.

I decided to sell the stuff for whatever I could get for it instead of tracking down the missing parts and repairing the damaged ones. I ended up losing a little money in the long run. Dispite all this I've tried contacting them a couple times for other parts I've needed and they haven't responded.
Old 03-31-07, 09:51 PM
Sliding SC
Pole Position

Default Atleast he gave you a refund..

Seems like there are more than a few of us with shipping problems from R&J. I've recieved PM's from others that have had similar problems as me and someone discovered that he has been cheating DHL to pocket money from shipping. What this means to us (the buyers) is that if the package is lost or damaged we will not have any protection. We have noticed the trend to be mainly with the oversized or overweight packages. If anyone has had problems with a package lost and found and or delievered late please post here because thats part of the R&J trend.
Old 04-01-07, 03:46 AM
9teens
Banned SCAMMER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Do Not Buy From R&j Dist.

ok well i didnt buy but i traded some mint condition headlights. he promised to send me oem tt struts and springs. so i sent him the headlights, and a month later i got the suspension. i went to get them installed and it turns out they shipped me oem sc suspension. what the hell am i going to do with an extra pair of oem suspension. . anyways i pm him and he starts saying he "doesnt know how that couldve happened because he pulled it outta a silver supra" he sends me pics of the supra. im like yeah rite so the supra has sc suspension? so he tells me to send them back and hell send me the rite suspension when its available. i paid 300 for those headlights and its been over 3 months and nothing is heard from him. i dont know if anyone else has had good/bad business with them but to me they are crooks. I cant believe they r allowed to advertise here!
Old 04-01-07, 08:51 AM
RGW LLC
Former Sponsor

To SC300NJ.......you ordered the clutch kit from us on the 5th, and we refunded you on the 6th, the reason becuase we sold the car as complete to a local customer, car has light damage, easy fix, no reason to part the car out when it has clean title and runs drives...

To Sliding SC.......you paid $75 for shipping for a front bumper packaged and shipping from NY to CA......which that shipping charge is def fair, just the box cost us $25, you think everything is FREE in this world....our shipping charge is fixed rate for all US shipment, and i'm sure 99% of business out there has fixed rate, and we refuned you whatever we got back from DHL....so there is no reason for you to complaining about since you got the bumper at the end, it was a week late, but it has NOTHING to do with us...we shipped on time....
Old 04-02-07, 01:19 PM
Sliding SC
Pole Position

R&j Dist - "our shipping charge is fixed rate for all US shipment, and i'm sure 99% of business out there has fixed rate, and we refuned you whatever we got back from DHL....so there is no reason for you to complaining about since you got the bumper at the end, it was a week late, but it has NOTHING to do with us...we shipped on time...."

Hmm, another new story from the e-mail you sent me. I actually work for Shipping and recieving at a hopital, Roughly 60-150 packages shipped out and recieved everyday via Fedex, usps, ups and dhl. You must ship thousands of packages a day to get a $12.00 fixed rate regardless of size and weight. Awesome deal I'm going to have to contact DHL so we can get that rate....

Wait a second, Does your above quote mean you admit to ripping me off for shipping costs cause I paid $75.00. If You paid DHL $75.00 thats close to what I would have gotten back. What don't you understand about that? You paid $12.00 so of course I'm not going to complain to DHL about getting my $75.00 back because the other $63.00 went into your pocket... Don't pass the blame, be a man and do what is right...

I'll leave this alone for now till the mods decide what to do about everything. If anyone wants info such as tracking numbers or claim numbers to see who is telling the truth please feel free to PM me and I'll be glad to help..

Last edited by Sliding SC; 04-02-07 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-02-07, 06:52 PM
RGW LLC
Former Sponsor

here is the charges

we charged the customer $75

we prepaid quote was $15
then we got monthly bill, charged us another $21.65
packaging & handling was $25

so we total saved $14 from this whole shipment, and DHL refunded us $7, which we refund it right back to the customer.....so at the end, we pocketed $7, and since DHL don't even think it's fair to refund the customer...i don't think it's fair for us to eat the shipping, speically the customer has item in his hand at the end...like i said, we are more than happy to offer the customer full refund PLUS the full shipping refund if he wants to return the item back to us....

thank you
Old 04-03-07, 12:44 PM
Sliding SC
Pole Position

R&J - so we total saved $14 from this whole shipment, and DHL refunded us $7, which we refund it right back to the customer.....so at the end, we pocketed $7, and since DHL don't even think it's fair to refund the customer...i don't think it's fair for us to eat the shipping, speically the customer has item in his hand at the end...like i said, we are more than happy to offer the customer full refund PLUS the full shipping refund if he wants to return the item back to us....

You never offered a full refund... Don't make up more stories.. Jeez this guy is classic...
Old 04-03-07, 01:00 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Regardless if he offered it previously or not, will you accept that offer now if you return the item?

Seems to me to be a fair offer for you to resolve this situation. And if you ship it DHL I assume by your previous post that it will only cost you $12 to return the item, $7 of which you have already been refunded.

I also understand this item was shipped ground (please correct me if I'm wrong, I looked it up on the tracking # you gave me)? There are no guaranteed delivery times with ground and if you want that type of service it costs a lot more.
Old 04-04-07, 04:53 PM
Sliding SC
Pole Position

Default Dave-

It won't cost me only $12.00 to ship it back to R&J. The whole reason I am upset is because he has been scamming shipping companies to pocket it remember I paid him $75.00. If anyone in the world can ship a bumper this size for $12.00 then they must own a shipping company. He has already tried to deny that it wasn't what he paid and yet you verified it was. Now you want me to pay another $75.00 to ship it back???? Well any way I'm just going to resell it in the treads like I was trying to before it was removed, if the pending sale falls through. I've already lost to much time and money on this bumper.

I guess there won't be any justice today my friends. No worries I'm sure it'll all come back around some day... Thanks for all the great help and understanding Dave....

Club Lexus is not quiet the way it used to be but I guess to keep it running we need the support of vendors even if they are a bit crocked...

PS. Dave, please look into all of R&J's other matters with un-happy customers they atleast deserve to be heard and recognized...

Last edited by Sliding SC; 04-04-07 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-07-07, 07:57 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Originally Posted by Sliding SC
It won't cost me only $12.00 to ship it back to R&J. The whole reason I am upset is because he has been scamming shipping companies to pocket it remember I paid him $75.00. If anyone in the world can ship a bumper this size for $12.00 then they must own a shipping company. He has already tried to deny that it wasn't what he paid and yet you verified it was. Now you want me to pay another $75.00 to ship it back???? Well any way I'm just going to resell it in the treads like I was trying to before it was removed, if the pending sale falls through. I've already lost to much time and money on this bumper.

I guess there won't be any justice today my friends. No worries I'm sure it'll all come back around some day... Thanks for all the great help and understanding Dave....

Club Lexus is not quiet the way it used to be but I guess to keep it running we need the support of vendors even if they are a bit crocked...

PS. Dave, please look into all of R&J's other matters with un-happy customers they atleast deserve to be heard and recognized...
Will do. We make very little $$ off of R&J at all and primarily allow the relationship to continue to benefit our members with an inexpensive source of used parts. In your specific case however now that I've looked into it in detail what you're describing still does not entirely make sense to me and I honestly feel you are not entitled to anything beyond what you have received.

- You got the product and it was as described

- The product was late due to DHL, but you paid for ground shipping which does not have any guarantee on delivery date. If you wanted guaranteed delivery on a certain date you need to pay for a higher level of shipping service.

- Regardless, you got a portion of your shipping fee back as repayment for delay

- The shipping fees charged are not as you had originally claimed ($12) in your complaint post. Shipping costs for an item of this size are not just for the DHL service but for boxes and packing materials, handling, etc. Vendor gave a breakdown as $15 + $21.65 + $25 (post above)

- Vendor has offered you a full refund

I consider this issue closed, please PM me instead of continuing to post in this thread if you want to discuss further - we are violating the way this feedback forum works by bumping this thread over and over.

===============================================

9Teens I'm still waiting on a reply from you regarding my PM.

Originally Posted by R & J Dist
so at the end, we pocketed $7, and since DHL don't even think it's fair to refund the customer...
R&J, I understand is that you must estimate the shipping charge and try to keep the process and pricing simple, and that you don't know the true cost of the shipping until you have many items shipped over a period of time. My expectation is that you will do your best to estimate the cost of shipping to our members and approach it from a break-even perspective... sometimes over, sometimes under. I have a problem if you consistently make a profit off of shipping charges. This one incident sounds reasonable to me, let's not make it an ongoing practice please.