Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our ClubLexus Marketplace classifieds forum. Please read rules before posting here!

vicestan: not a good seller?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-06, 10:19 AM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear Benjamin T. I still haven't recieved my damn emblems!
Old 09-24-06, 10:35 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i'm adding information here for paypal to see:

this is the original for sale ad before it was deleted for failing to meet forum rules:

Originally Posted by vicestan
I have here 2004 lexus gs headlights retrofitted with Lexus LS projectors. This set comes with xenon bulbs and ballast. The turn signals are cleared and the cutoff sheilds were modified to give of a blue/purple color on the cutof line in the picture it looks blue but in real life its actually purple I didn't know how to use the camara to well, also the inner cutof sheild has a neon blue floresent coating which glows in the dark after you turn your headlights off, this is mostly visible at night and the picture is blow it looks like a blue circle, thats the best picture I could take at that time. These lights come with an aftermarket harness ( not pictured ), the buyer has a choice of having either 9006 or a lexus HID connection for plug and play. Both lights are sealed and ready for shipment but only one light is shown complete since I don't have my camara with me today. Price is $1100 shipped and insured. PS I will also consider trades.

This is what the same kind of retrofit looks like on my car.

Thanks rich, I'm not selling mine I decided to keep the car, this is another retrofit I made it for a customer who decided to forefit his deposit and not go through with the transaction. Anyway these lights are so wide I still admire mine every time I drive at night, on a lightless street/road I'm driving as if its day light no strain on my eyes no need to strain to see incoming drivers. I will get my camara back on tuesday so if anyone wants better or different pictures let me know.
"do the levelers still work?"

No, these were regular halogen housings but the reflectors I used to mount the projectors were HID so if you wan't the autoleveling to work I can do that for an extra 100 or so by swapping the projectors into xenon housings, I think I have a spare set laying around, or at least 1 complete headlight so the swap shouldn't take more then a few days. Stan.
Hey benjamin, there will be no loss in any features stated above since the only difference is the xenon housing has a servo motor on the bottom control arm instead of a fixed point ball joint. I stand behind my conversions and I make them as durable as possible, I incorporate everything I learned in my previous retrofits including my car into these headlights and if anything goes wrong under normal usage ( meaning you don't get into an accident ) I will repair the headlight/s for free. Stan. PS when you go from stock hid lighting to a q45 retro your lighting is increased by about 30 percent since the q45 projectors are known to have poor output for such a unique design when compared to regular xenon projectors, and when you go from stock hid lighting to LS projectors you get what I would modestly say 60 percent increase in light output. The ls projectors to this day are the widely accepeted as the best projectors out there ( if you can fit them in your cars headlights ). The reason they are unmatched is because they use a bottom reflector to reflect light to the sides so you end up having about a 170 degree coverage. For example on the highway my headlights light up about 4-5 lanes on each side. So not to bash q45 retrofits but there output compared to LS projectors is down right sad.
[/quote]

Last edited by Benjamin T; 09-24-06 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-24-06, 11:45 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

agreement made for trade-in for my old headlights:

06-05-06, 01:20 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey well the price is pretty good in my opinion, I usually pay anywhere from 180-250 for hid gs headlights. The price is really good in my opinion since they mostly likely need every one of the vent ports replaces so thats + 105 so how about il give you 300 even for them since we did business before. If you want you can send them in to me il remove the eye lids and if theres any fading il fix that for free and send them back to you, and you just pay shipping. Then you can sell them here and probably make 100-150 on top thats how much profitt I'l make. Stan.

Last edited by Benjamin T; 09-24-06 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-24-06, 11:56 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

agreement made on options and prices:

06-05-06, 08:11 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far so good, and dont overexedurate the eyelids at "your" expanse because I'l take them of for free.... joking, anyway everything sounds good so we got the ballast +$50 and the 3 percent fee for the paypal transaction. Wait untill you turn the headlights off at night in a dark area they will keep glowing neon blue its pretty cool.
Old 09-24-06, 12:07 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

information for paypal payment:

06-07-06, 07:52 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

This is the paypal address ukrainskiy@netzero.net . Give me your phone number, the customs form needs it in case they need to contact you, and what value do you want me to delcare for the customs? Stan.
Old 09-24-06, 12:27 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

shipping confirmation:

06-12-06, 10:56 AM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Hey buddy, everything looks good, you should be getting the lights very soon. How's the front bumper coming along?
Old 09-24-06, 12:29 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

trying to get tracking number, and getting instructions on bumper removal because i was thinking about going to install the lights myself:

06-12-06, 02:20 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Hey I will get you the tracking number today, I have to stop by and get it from them. Are you going to remove the bumper your self? I will take a picture today and show you exactly where the bolts are, that should help you a great deal. With a flashlight you should be able to see them, they are very gray in color and they stick out about 2 inches towards you so they are pretty hard to miss, so by looking inside you should only see the top one, and the lower one is right under it but its covered by a piece of metal so its harder to see.
Old 09-24-06, 12:31 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

tracking number/shipping delays, with some discussion about doing some custom LED work with the lights:

06-12-06, 07:46 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Ben I wasen't able to get to the post office today I was running late but I will let you know tomorrow, sorry for the delay and the I will take the photo tomorrow also I just have no time today. Stan.

06-16-06, 01:19 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Hey I got some time right now in school, anyway I was thinking in class ( a very boring professor ) when you said you wanted something brighter for your back up lights, why not get LED, they will seem like HID lights compared to regular bulbs because of there faster wave length, and because of that they have higher intensity when compared to halogen. I will try to find the site where I ordered my leds, that site uses some very high quality led's none of that korean stuff. Oh and usps is supposed to email me the tracking number so I will send it to you once I recieve it. Stan.

06-17-06, 09:04 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

No emails yet I think its because its the weekend I will forward it to you as soon as I get it. Stan

06-22-06, 08:59 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Hey, I got a buddy who works at dhl down in springfeild illinois, he told me he will hold them there untill I give him the word to either ship them to me or to you, I'm still trying to get the confirmation that the turn signals will work with the lexus, if not I will buy you those silverstar blue covered bulbs, they look like chrome blue from the outside but they burn amber. Stan.

Last edited by Benjamin T; 09-24-06 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-24-06, 12:49 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

asking about when he was leaving for vacation:

06-23-06, 09:19 AM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Yea I'm leaving in early august so we do have time : )
Old 09-24-06, 01:09 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

07-05-06... UPS delivers the lights... all is not good:

a light bulb was missing, one of the plugs is damaged, one of ballast wiring is exposed on one end, some sort of glue residue on one of the lenses, the other lens is scratched, the modifications to the insides to allow for the retrofit is does not match from left to right, improper sealing of the HID bulb sockets, and one of the projectors had fallen out inside the light.

i took them to 2 different professional installers, and neither one wanted to install it, citing poor workmanship and safety hazard issues. vicestan had told me to put the ballasts in ziploc bags and uses silicone gel packs to keep the lights from fogging up. the installers said this was not the proper way to do it.

pic of the damaged plug:

pic of the exposed wiring (red wire) at base of plug to ballast:

poor pic of scratched lens (above turn signal):

pic of the glue or silicone residue on the lens:

pics of ragged cut back shroud:

side by side pic showing right headlight with loose projector assembly sticking out past shroud:

Last edited by Benjamin T; 09-26-06 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-24-06, 01:11 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

one of the installers manages to get the loose projector remounted to he best of his abilities without having to completely dismantle them, but tells me if further repairs are needed he would have to charge me, so i stop it there.

i tell vicestan what happened and he replied:

07-05-06, 08:35 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Hey, how bad are the scratches? I remember there were some slight once becuase the headlights came from a 2004 gs but nothing major the headlights arent brand new, the leveling bubbles I took them of because they get in the way and are useless since the projectors are aligned via the wall mount but the glue and the loose projector is bothering me, which light has the lose projector? man there held by 3 stainless steel bolts, can you take a picture and send it back to me I put them in my car and I drove around for about 6 hours without any damage I'm real sorry there are problems I have no idea how it got lose I pretty much cemented it inside but show me a picture, and the glue is it glue or silicone? I put extra clear silicone on one of the lights just to be safe but if its glue or silicone on the front lens it will come of with goo-gone because I never use any hard glue, but back to the lose projector let me know which light is lose I ligned them up and everything before I shipped them out what the hell did they do to the lights to actually brake one of the projector mounts, well tell me which light it is so I can put togather another one before your comes in so I can make a direct swap with no downtime, Stan.

Last edited by Benjamin T; 09-24-06 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-24-06, 01:14 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

more followup from vicestan:

07-05-06, 08:51 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Oh and the ballast plug that was probably my fault I have like 5 of them in a box I must have took the cracked one, try hooking it up it might still work, if not put it with the headlight I will swap the plug, I still can't believe the projector broke, mine are on rock solid since the day I did my retro fit , you cant even move them an inch since there held by 2bolts on the bottom and 1 on top, this is shocking, I will also polish the lens of the headlight with the broken projector mount to get rid of all the visible scratches, its just alottttt of work but I didn't think they were to visible, Stan.
Old 09-24-06, 01:17 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

more... at this point i thought everything was going to be okay because he seemed sincere about resolving this:

07-05-06, 09:18 PM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Man I fee real bad that the light came in damaged so listen get these bulbs right here for your foglights, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/9006-...QQcmdZViewItem

and I will get you the ballast and the harness for free, I will include them when I send you the headlight back, Stan.
Old 09-24-06, 01:20 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

more correspondence... vicestan has promised a 1 day turnaround, and has given me his phone number (omitted for privacy reasons), which i save for later should the need arise:

07-06-06, 07:59 AM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Oh I didn't see the glue, and the projector was sitting really sturdy inside, it wouldnt even budge, I think they dropped the lights while in transit, I think I seen one scratch on the right headlight but not the left one, and I still cant see the glue part but since its on the right headlight, send it back to me and I will fix it in 1 day and send it back, unless you think the drivers side headlight is to scratched up I can buff that out to, and yes I'm sorry about the connector that was totally my fault I was wirring them in my basement at like 2 am, I got the wrong one . But yes send me the right one asap its not supposed to move at all, I will replace the rear mounting base and reinforce it and I will buff out the scratches and replace the plug, I will also include 2 oem matsu****a ballast for your foglights free of charge, Once again I'm really sorry, Stan.
Old 09-24-06, 01:24 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

vicestan replies about the issue the installer had regarding how the HID bulb sockets are sealed from the rear:

07-06-06, 10:19 AM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Oh an the rubber gaskets wont let moisture in, I have it like that now for almost a year and no problems whatsoever.
07-06-06, 10:42 AM
vicestan
Lead Lap

Oh, well send it back anyway because I will send you the 2 matsu****a ballast for free, they are water proof so you can be sure they wont leak but they cant be modded in the future, if you take clear silicone and put it around the exit where the wire comes out of the baggie, that will seal it for good, or even better since I will send you those silica packs, put them inside and it will absorb any moisture that manages to get inside, Stan.
the installer dosen't believe this. i'm not sure what to do... believe in vicestan because his own do not leak, or the installer who has been in business for several years and does this sort of thing for a living...

Quick Reply: vicestan: not a good seller?