GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Please help me! Engine is broken. 2011 gs @ 62k

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-17, 07:14 PM
lhc0919
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Please help me! Engine is broken. 2011 gs @ 62k

I purchased 2011 Lexus GS 350 AWD from CARMAX in May 2015. Last summer, my car was stopped with check engine light. And my car has replaced fuel pump last summer. And its factory warranty ended on December 2016. However, my car still had problems from engine since last summer. So I dropped my car at the dealership and got loaner car about 5 times between last summer and this January. They had never found what the problem is. Finally, my car stopped on 3/4/2017. My car towed to the dealership. And I heard that my car's engine is broken and it needs to replace to the new engine. It is totally unfair to pay for replace the new engine. Even if there are records that took services after the fuel pump was replaced, Woodfield Lexus and Lexus told me that they are not able to do anything. I do not understand why LEXUS is saying this problem is happened by oil fluid level. I am not an expert for a car, but I love to manage my car and check all fluid levels on Sundays. There was no problem on Sunday before the happening.
LEXUS IS ALSO SAYING THAT I PURCHASED THE CAR FROM CARMAX, SO THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITIES BECAUSE IT IS FROM CARMAX, NOT LEXUS. ISN'T IT FUNNY?
I understand my factory warranty has expired, but the problem happened since last summer. When I dropped my car to get the service, my warranty was still alive. However, they did not find anything. The dealership and Lexus still have all records. Even if they have all information, they are saying it is my fault to make engine explosion.
I heard that something was exploded inside of the engine. #2 Spark plug was exploded and it was hit other things. And something broke the engine and it popped out from the engine. The engine is half broken. The engine is made of metal, right? Do you believe this? NOT CRACKED. The dealership gave me two options. One is to pay $10000 to replace my engine. The other is to sell and get $1000. How many people can pay $10000 right away? DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING?
I have to pick up my car on this Saturday from the dealership. They told me they cannot give me a loaner car anymore. Lexus is still saying they do not have any responsibilities for this case and the case manager is saying that he is not a mechanic and cannot check my engine's status.

THANKS FOR Reading MY POOR ENGLISH
Old 03-25-17, 04:44 AM
wickedtaco
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi, you should move this thread to the 3 Gen GS forum and not the build forum. You're more likely to receive replies.

​​​​​​​
Old 03-29-17, 07:23 PM
Lukas99GS
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Have any of you guys seen this?
https://youtu.be/QJNO6p54bUI
apparently Carmax offers warranties that cover virtually everything, and for that cheap for 6 years is a good deal I think. Also funny to see how crappy land rovers are plus they ship cars from whatever dealer to the one closest to you, is just get the warranty if I got a car from them as that's a great deal.
Old 05-29-17, 02:10 PM
aneidiaz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by lhc0919
I purchased 2011 Lexus GS 350 AWD from CARMAX in May 2015. Last summer, my car was stopped with check engine light. And my car has replaced fuel pump last summer. And its factory warranty ended on December 2016. However, my car still had problems from engine since last summer. So I dropped my car at the dealership and got loaner car about 5 times between last summer and this January. They had never found what the problem is. Finally, my car stopped on 3/4/2017. My car towed to the dealership. And I heard that my car's engine is broken and it needs to replace to the new engine. It is totally unfair to pay for replace the new engine. Even if there are records that took services after the fuel pump was replaced, Woodfield Lexus and Lexus told me that they are not able to do anything. I do not understand why LEXUS is saying this problem is happened by oil fluid level. I am not an expert for a car, but I love to manage my car and check all fluid levels on Sundays. There was no problem on Sunday before the happening.
LEXUS IS ALSO SAYING THAT I PURCHASED THE CAR FROM CARMAX, SO THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITIES BECAUSE IT IS FROM CARMAX, NOT LEXUS. ISN'T IT FUNNY?
I understand my factory warranty has expired, but the problem happened since last summer. When I dropped my car to get the service, my warranty was still alive. However, they did not find anything. The dealership and Lexus still have all records. Even if they have all information, they are saying it is my fault to make engine explosion.
I heard that something was exploded inside of the engine. #2 Spark plug was exploded and it was hit other things. And something broke the engine and it popped out from the engine. The engine is half broken. The engine is made of metal, right? Do you believe this? NOT CRACKED. The dealership gave me two options. One is to pay $10000 to replace my engine. The other is to sell and get $1000. How many people can pay $10000 right away? DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING?
I have to pick up my car on this Saturday from the dealership. They told me they cannot give me a loaner car anymore. Lexus is still saying they do not have any responsibilities for this case and the case manager is saying that he is not a mechanic and cannot check my engine's status.

THANKS FOR Reading MY POOR ENGLISH
Hey buddy what ended up happening to your car? Did you fix it? What's going on? I've seen engines on eBay for as low as $1200. That's for my engine but I have a 2006 GS430. With about 80k miles. I'm sure you can find an engine run decent mileage on eBay for less then $2k free shipping to your shop where your gonna take it to get the labor work done. And whatever the labor cost is. Hey its better then $10k. Hope your problem gets resolved. GodBless!