Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

White Pearl-Black Pearls' Sister

Old 02-17-17, 05:24 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking White Pearl-Black Pearls' Sister

So you may know that I bought the black pearl from Gerrb, did a lot of stuff to it and build it up with Gerrb only to sell it back to Gerrb A few years later.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...97-5speed.html
Well that was a mistake I should've never done that and I've regretted it getting rid of it for some time. What a beautiful car..
Since then I have had trucks, Camaro, and an SUV. Even though the camaro was mean, the sound and feel of that 2jzgte spooling up haunted me... I'd frequently stop in and check on Gerrb post and see how the Black Pearl was doing..and maybe cry a little ��
So.. I couldn't take it anymore and started looking for another sc300. I found one and went and picked up a pearl white 1998 SC300. She's in great shape overall, with interior that's in amazing shape.. she needs probably the front & rear bumper repainted eventually but that's it! Since the black pearl is in a good home with Gerrb now, I figured this could be his sister.. the White Pearl

It's good to be back clublexus community!

Here she is
Attached Thumbnails White Pearl-Black Pearls' Sister-img_0835.jpg   White Pearl-Black Pearls' Sister-img_0836.jpg   White Pearl-Black Pearls' Sister-img_0837.jpg  

Last edited by geauxsimon; 02-17-17 at 05:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
lexusautek (07-04-17)
Old 02-17-17, 05:51 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

So Jerry can tell you I'm a Big impulse buy. LOL and even before I bought the car I was already looking at parts. LOL he had to tell me to calm down and let's just get the car first. So I did and I told him that I wanted to go back and put another TwinTurbo set up and this one just like it did the other one. He mentioned that it already had the GE engine so I could just use that one and boost it. But knowing me I can't do that. For some reason I just can't see having disc this car and not having the GTE engine. So I Found a non-Vvti Motor for a really good deal and was about to purchase it but Gerrb and I decided that it would be a better idea to go with a vvti engine since my car is already vvti..less wiring
my goals for this caror to make a manageable 550-600 hp daily driver..but first I am going to take his advice and ride it with the stock turbo's for a while. While I'm driving the stock turbo that will give me time to collect all the parts I need to build the 600 hp motor and save money for the 6speed Tremec Magnum setup that Gerrb and I will pursue. I will try to be a little more patient and look for good deals on the parts I need this time compared to the Black Pearl in which I bought everything I needed In the matter of 4 to 6 months. Expensive!!

With that being said I found a really good deal on a 2jzgte vvti and it came in today..I had it sent my buddy Nick's shop over at Boosted Innovations here in Slidell, LA. Nicks a great guy that works on all kinds of performance cars, but specializes in LS performance.. he has some putting down over 1300hp!!
He'll be building himself a 2jz before long once he see's this beast in action! ��
The motor will need a new front driveshaft seal. It is laeking a little. While it's being done I'll pu a new oil pump, water pump and timing belt.. hell might as well
but I'm happy.. I'll sleep well tonight..the mad scientist "Gerrb" is probably already snoozing ��
Nick scooping the engine up
2jzgte mean mugging the GM's...we are outnumbered
Old 02-17-17, 08:27 PM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

Welcome back, I got most of the turbo parts off the Black Pearl when you left it with Gerry. Glad you found a clean car to build on. Do not let this one go when it is all done. I hope you learn you lesson, lol.
Old 02-18-17, 03:13 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

This will be an awesome project ... 600rwhp . The VVTi's are good for the street. It gives you more power and torque at the lower RPMs where we spend most of our time driving . At peak , it will be same as the non vvti. It is also better when it comes to fuel consumption.

This time though , you won't have to spend that much . No fancy or bling bling good looking stuff. Only goodies that make the car fast . You got a well tested engine so it should support 600rwhp all day without even opening that long block. Just change those seals I told you to replace . Your swap harness will be easy. Wiring for paddle shifters just roll them aside till we find cheaper Lexus wheels with paddle shifters. Once the twins konk out , small after market twins will be nice . You can get the twins exhaust manifold for less than $1k and small BW turbos for less than $700 each.

But you are still the same Aaron I know. We were just talking about the car ad , next thing I know you were picking it up . I thought it will take a month before you get a GTE engine .. the day after you got the car engine is bought ... very impatient rather ... you always want things done yesterday . But it is all good buddy . You work hard so you deserve to enjoy the fruit of your labors. You lucky dude !

Let's get err done !

Last edited by gerrb; 02-18-17 at 03:16 AM.
Old 02-18-17, 01:04 PM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Can't wait to see where this goes! I'm pumped!!
Old 02-18-17, 02:09 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by geauxsimon
So Jerry can tell you I'm a Big impulse buy. LOL
That is an understatement

The motor will need a new front driveshaft seal. It is laeking a little. While it's being done I'll pu a new oil pump, water pump and timing belt.. hell might as well
Once you remove the dampener , observe the outside perimeter of the oil pump and water pump... If I were you , if the beads of FIPG is good around them or no signs of leaks .. I wouldn't touch those stuff buddy . I know we always want the best but the question , is it necessary ? That is another $400 you can use for "go fast goodies" . . And if you miss to seal those properly , you will have bigger problems. For your power goal , if it is not broke , don't touch it ! There are a lot of 700-900rwhp supra mkiv on stock engines out there and your goal is a lot less ! You put aside all those small amount of dollars you can save , before you know it you can buy another vvti engine .

the mad scientist "Gerrb" is probably already snoozing
You know my bed time
Old 02-18-17, 03:14 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by BiGEZ
Welcome back, I got most of the turbo parts off the Black Pearl when you left it with Gerry. Glad you found a clean car to build on. Do not let this one go when it is all done. I hope you learn you lesson, lol.
Thanks it's good to get back..I'm glad to see those parts as being put to use...No , I won't let this one go ..I've learned my lesson..Gotta love that 2jz man
Old 02-23-17, 02:42 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Okay so I had some issues with the new stock 2jzgte vvti TwinTurbos. Some of the fins were damaged upon arrival and they will not warranty the turbos. Most companies have that policy.
So, now my new plan is going to be to just go ahead and go single. I plan on keeping an auto transmission to keep installation and drivability simple since it will be driven a lot. So I need some advice on how I should do this. I wanted to go with a Proefi EMS due to their capabilities however I hear they cannot control the Aristo auto transmission that I was planning on building. Is their an ems that can control the aristo auto? So give me some advice on what I should do to my 98 sc300 so I can keep my an auto transmission, and control the 2jzgte VVTI.
I guess I could ditch the Arista auto transmission and get a non-VVT.. or I guess that I could just get a built ATF auto and that should fix my delima and allow me to go with my proefi huh?
Old 02-23-17, 04:56 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

If you are staying with an auto transmission , the best ECU to control the auto transmission will be ProEFI . But you will have to use a non vvti TT auto transmission buddy . Then I will go with the ATF built Auto transmission. you will have to send a non vvti auto transmission to them to be built. Aristo Transmission will do but it has to be the NON VVTi auto transmission. Otherwise you will need a USDM TT Auto Transmission.

If you are going single and ProEFI , might as well go get Tweak get you a harness done so you don't need the patch harness from ProEFI which is around $500.
Old 02-23-17, 05:13 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Unhappy

Originally Posted by gerrb
If you are staying with an auto transmission , the best ECU to control the auto transmission will be ProEFI . But you will have to use a non vvti TT auto transmission buddy . Then I will go with the ATF built Auto transmission. you will have to send a non vvti auto transmission to them to be built. Aristo Transmission will do but it has to be the NON VVTi auto transmission. Otherwise you will need a USDM TT Auto Transmission.

If you are going single and ProEFI , might as well go get Tweak get you a harness done so you don't need the patch harness from ProEFI which is around $500.
Well.looks like it'll be a while before this engine is running..I have a bunch of money to save up..
Tranny-$2000
ProEfi-$2000
injectors
turbo
ladadadada....

I called tweak today and they said it's going to run about $1500😧
Time to raid Gerrb's garage...black ops style lol😂
Old 02-23-17, 06:11 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

shoot .. .. scrap that , lol .

auto trans will be (core $200, shipping back & forth $400, atf built $2800 , then $800 converter ) .. thats $4200
then to control that , you need ProEFI ..$3500-400 depending on options since all the other cheaper ECUs won't control an auto trans
so just for trans and to control it ..around $8000

forget all that buddy

go back to our original plan

Tremec Magnum - $3200 , Bellhousing $600, Shifter $500 , Clutch $1600 , pedals $350 , trans cross member $350
You don't need any ECU to control it .. so you can use an AEM for your car $1600

Wiring for a ProEFI is more expensive than the usual wiring from Tweak.

so basically it evens out or even a bit cheaper and you have a 6speed trans that makes your car more valuable .
Old 02-24-17, 09:28 AM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice car and good luck with the build geauxsimon!

I thought the stock VVTi motor internals can only handle 400whp?
Old 02-24-17, 01:29 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LoveSCs
nice car and good luck with the build geauxsimon!

I thought the stock VVTi motor internals can only handle 400whp?
Not GTE VVTI motors, only GE
The following users liked this post:
LoveSCs (02-25-17)
Old 02-26-17, 05:08 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Had a little time today so I finished taking the stock manifold off and sprayed her down with greaser.. will start on the intake manifold next..probably tomorrow

She was dirty under there
Old 02-28-17, 02:15 PM
geauxsimon
Driver

Went back to Nicks shop today and decided to tear down the intake manifold section..also removed the harness from the assembly...getting close to being able to clean her off...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: White Pearl-Black Pearls' Sister