Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

A little work getting done

Old 02-17-17, 04:19 PM
jmoses77
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A little work getting done

I'm not sure that this should go in a build thread as it is nowhere near as extensive as some of the work being done on some of the cars there, but tomorrow I am dropping my car off at a local audio place to have a custom sub enclosure fabricated and installed. My car is going to be the "test" car (getting a hell of a deal on the work being done) with the hopes that this shop can market and sell the enclosure to the Lexus masses. It will fit a JL audio 10x3x3 sub along with a JL Audio mono amp. In addition I am throwing in some Audison Prima speakers. The car will be lowered on a set of RS-R downs. I can't wait to get this all put in as the standard audio system sucks in the 2014 is 350.
I'll be sure to throw some pictures up as soon as everything is installed.
Old 02-18-17, 03:38 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Sounds like the start of a build!

Looking forward to the pics.
Old 02-18-17, 11:54 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Just need pics!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-18-17, 01:35 PM
jmoses77
Rookie

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Just need pics!

-Josh
Going to be a little while until I can get pics. Car is at the shop for at least a week so they can fab up the sub box. I decided against the Audison speakers per the suggestion of the shop owner. We decided that the improvement in sound would be minimal with the addition of an amp and I'm not looking to spend 3k on a completely new system at this time. I would rather spend that kind of money on performance and aesthetic upgrades.
Pictures are forth coming.

Cheers
Old 02-25-17, 03:03 PM
jmoses77
Rookie

Default Sub Box

Pics of the very rough sub box in it's location in the trunk. Still needs to go to fiberglass and then covered with trunk carpet. It also would benefit from an actual subwoofer. It's going to be a bout 4 to 5 weeks until the finished product comes back from fiberglass. All the wires are run so it will just need the amp to get hooked up as well as the sub itself.

Cheers all!
Attached Thumbnails A little work getting done-img_1780.jpg   A little work getting done-img_1778.jpg   A little work getting done-img_1782.jpg  
Old 04-22-17, 01:13 PM
jmoses77
Rookie

This past week I finally got the finished product installed in the car. First off the installation looks flawless. It really looks like a factory optioned unit. The sub and amp sound great and really do an excellent job of boosting the low end, as it should, without drowning out the factory speakers. If anything it highlights just how crappy the base sound system is which is why the system was designed to be added to in the future. Everyone knows what a subwoofer does so I don't feel like I really need to go into that, but the design of the box and the installation of the amp and wiring is fantastic. The box allows for the maximum amount of trunk space. I was still able to get my kid's double stroller in there with room to spare. Although I have no affiliation with the shop I was incredibly impressed with their customer service as well as work performed. I am pretty sure that they are set up to sell the boxes now. Check it out:

The box design still allows for the use of the trunk cargo net if needed.
Tucks nicely in the side behind the wheel well.
The design also allows access to the jack and spare tire without removal of the subwoofer.
Old 04-24-17, 05:21 AM
Ciggy
Lead Lap

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

That looks really good! Access to the spare is a huge +. What did you do with your door speakers? Replace and add an amp or just replace? I want to upgrade my system similar to yours. Upgrade door speakers and small that's not in the way.

Maybe the manufacturer would be interested in your doing a group buy to get them started.
Old 04-24-17, 04:37 PM
jmoses77
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ciggy
That looks really good! Access to the spare is a huge +. What did you do with your door speakers? Replace and add an amp or just replace? I want to upgrade my system similar to yours. Upgrade door speakers and small that's not in the way.

Maybe the manufacturer would be interested in your doing a group buy to get them started.
I haven't touched the speakers in the car, door or tweeters. I am going to wait to do it the right way. Upgrading the speakers without any amp is kind of like polishing *****. There will be a little bit of an improvement but not enough of one to justify the cost.

As far as group buy, I don't know what he would be interested in. He did say to me that if you mention the forum he might be able to work with you on a price. Does't hurt to ask. I would highly recommend the shop.

Good luck!

Cheers!