Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

ClOsEr15's 13' Nebula Gray F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-17, 03:04 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

You've got the right idea there. Definitely install the sub enclosure after your spring install. Have you looked at pictures of cars with different springs? The fsports offer a modest drop but not overly agressive. H&Rs are pretty sweet and will make the car look nice and low. NC roads should allow for a slightly lower ride. Nice work on the spoiler.
Old 01-23-17, 09:21 PM
ClOsEr15
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbaugher47
You've got the right idea there. Definitely install the sub enclosure after your spring install. Have you looked at pictures of cars with different springs? The fsports offer a modest drop but not overly agressive. H&Rs are pretty sweet and will make the car look nice and low. NC roads should allow for a slightly lower ride. Nice work on the spoiler.
thanks man. Yea the roads here arent that bad. I had D2 coilovers on my eclipse, and it was lowered about 1.5-2". Not sure to be exact. And I loved the look of it being that low, but the ride quality sucked so bad, and was always worried about hitting things. (3 bumper changes lol). So Im pretty dead set on the f-sport springs even though its only a slight drop. But who knows, maybe after awhile driving with the F-sports, i'll wanna go lower, or upgrade to 19s.

60x108 gloss black vinyl got shipped today also! Now just to find time and someone to help me install it.
Old 02-07-17, 09:29 PM
ClOsEr15
Driver School Candidate

Got my inner tails in and finally was able to install them during lunch one day. Only down fall, the 06-08 model inner tails, dont quite line up well with the 2013 outer tails, as you can see from the picture. Meaning.... I am going to NEED outer tails soon cause its going to bug the heck outta me.

F-sport springs came in from a dealer in AZ today. Waiting to hear back from a friend about when he is free to install them for me.

Finally my boss was able to lay some paint down on my spoilers for me. Let them set for 3-4 days to let the clear cure. Now after work everyday Ive ben wetsanding to get most of the orange peel out, and finish buffing them before installing.

UPDATE ON SOUND SYSTEM:

JL audio 12w6v3d4 ORDERED
NVX 1/0 wiring kit ORDERED
JL audio distribution block ORDERED AND SHIPPED

JL audio HD750/1 ORDERING THIS WEEKEND
Audio control LC7i line output converter ORDERING THIS WEEKEND
Old 02-09-17, 12:04 AM
Ling2IS
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's a first, didn't know there was an interest for the prior year tails haha
Old 02-22-17, 09:57 PM
ClOsEr15
Driver School Candidate

Havent posted in a bit, been busy at work. But here are some updated pictures of the stereo install, as well as the f-sport lowering springs.

Eastwood Sound deadener in as much of the trunk as possible, including trunk lid. Its been a few years since ive wired a system in, and I forgot how aggravating it can be to run 1/0 gauge power wire to the back!

JL 12w6v3
JL HD 750/1
Audiocontrol LC7i with accubass

^^^^ not a good comparison, but top picture is after f-sport lowering springs, and bottom is before.

^^^ Top is before....bottom is after lowered (drivers front)

Old 02-22-17, 10:13 PM
Ling2IS
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How effective is the sound deadening?
Old 02-22-17, 10:26 PM
ClOsEr15
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ling2IS
How effective is the sound deadening?
I had thought about going with the typical thin dynamat material, but it would have taken forever and I think the thick foam material I bought, will do a better job. I havent really had my system up enough to really tell if there is a difference. I do know that this foam material is a ***** to lay smooth, and if put in the wrong place, it shreds into pieces when you try to remove it. So its best to figure out exactly where you want it, and make sure youre not covering any holes for clips to pop into. That, and with it being thick, once you put the floor carpet, and side carpets in, its now a tight fit and have to force things into place.
Old 03-02-17, 05:49 PM
Nespo2330
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Everything looks good! That nebula Grey is unreal beautiful. I took my time waiting for a star fire pearl but that grey is Sweet as well. The car is coming along and tastefully done... you'll want more low eventually tho lol
The following users liked this post:
ClOsEr15 (03-02-17)
Old 03-02-17, 09:19 PM
ClOsEr15
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nespo2330
Everything looks good! That nebula Grey is unreal beautiful. I took my time waiting for a star fire pearl but that grey is Sweet as well. The car is coming along and tastefully done... you'll want more low eventually tho lol
Thanks man! After I lowered it, I was like, hmmmmmm It doesnt really look any different lol. My eclipse is pretty damn low. About 2-2.5" lower than stock. I dont plan on doing that to the Lexus, because I am paying on it for 5 years, and dont feel like going through 5 front bumpers like my eclipse! I am debating on getting some 19s later on, and hopefully it will fit up the wheel well a little more and make it appear lower. We shall see
Old 03-04-17, 11:20 PM
ClOsEr15
Driver School Candidate

Small update.....

Installed my JL HD-Remote level control earlier tonight. It took some time because Ithe was my first attempt doing something like this and wasn't sure if I would mess up the clips ofrom the piece and it not keep its functionality. But after cutting and using a dremel on the piece and the dash itself, I finally got it to fit right. Just need to run the wire to the amp and I'll be set.

Old 04-29-17, 12:41 PM
N1njai
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looking good my man!
Old 08-26-17, 01:54 PM
ISFerr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Amazing build!