Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

CD009 swapped GTE GS300

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-16, 07:51 PM
driftdan
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshDray
Quick question but where are you finding those $400 cd009's? real keen on one but i've only seen them near the 2.5k mark
Look for people who don't know the "drift tax"
Old 12-26-16, 12:09 PM
eicca
Intermediate

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Another Q, are you running a standalone ECU or did you come up with a solution to tricking the OEM ECU?
Old 01-04-17, 08:03 AM
super51fan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by driftdan
you can do either, stock hole of custom.

Any update on the shifter surround? I would love to do a manual swap but I don't want to hack out my interior and lose the luxury feel.
Old 01-04-17, 08:10 AM
driftdan
Driver School Candidate

Sorry I got sidetracked, Ill get a picture tomorrow of it in the stock shift hole.
Attached Thumbnails CD009 swapped GTE GS300-screen-shot-2017-01-04-at-11.05.17-am.png   CD009 swapped GTE GS300-screen-shot-2017-01-04-at-11.05.28-am.png  
Old 01-04-17, 05:19 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Sorry I got sidetracked, Ill get a picture tomorrow of it in the stock shift hole.
That borg s36x makes great power even at low psi, you're gonna love it. What injectors are you moving to? I ask because I see you are running a MAF and presumably a piggyback. I highly recommend moving that MAF pipe to Blow-Thru, after the intercooler. You will get more out of the MAF scaling when using upgraded injectors by moving it to the pressure pipe, and it will get a more accurate reading of the actual air temps that will enter the throttle body. The other big benefit is that you can ditch the restrictive 3" intake pipe and put a 4" pipe to match the turbo intake. I mounted both Fizzy's and Rick's maf's in Blow-thru as well, it defiantly makes a difference in how smooth the car runs with a single. I highly recommend it when running the VVTI ECU and a Piggyback.. Cool build, hope I'll get to see it at springfest..

Last edited by 99 GS3; 01-05-17 at 05:26 AM.
Old 01-05-17, 02:52 AM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Looking good Daniel keep the pics coming
Old 01-05-17, 06:38 AM
driftdan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
That borg s36x makes great power even at low psi, you're gonna love it. What injectors are you moving to? I ask because I see you are running a MAF and presumably a piggyback. I highly recommend moving that MAF pipe to Blow-Thru, after the intercooler. You will get more out of the MAF scaling when using upgraded injectors by moving it to the pressure pipe, and it will get a more accurate reading of the actual air temps that will enter the throttle body. The other big benefit is that you can ditch the restrictive 3" intake pipe and put a 4" pipe to match the turbo intake. I mounted both Fizzy's and Rick's maf's in Blow-thru as well, it defiantly makes a difference in how smooth the car runs with a single. I highly recommend it when running the VVTI ECU and a Piggyback.. Cool build, hope I'll get to see it at springfest..
I am running bosch 720cc and a SAFC NEO. I was always under the impression that blow-thru gave inaccurate readings since it reads air passing by rather than pressurized air in the pipe?
Old 01-05-17, 11:50 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

I am running bosch 720cc and a SAFC NEO. I was always under the impression that blow-thru gave inaccurate readings since it reads air passing by rather than pressurized air in the pipe?
I will say I don't claim to have all the true nor theoretical answers as to why, but I can confidently say I have personally done it both ways on 2j builds I have worked on. The maf is measuring the air density, and air temperature is what changes that.

This does not however seem to work with such success on non-vvti us 2j's. My understanding is that it is because the ecu is relying on the map sensor for the loading (maf/map). Where as the vvti's run soley on the maf using it for the loading as well (maf/maf), the vvti's do have a map sensor as well but it is used for boost-cut and not for loading, on a vvti it can be disconnected and the engine will run the same.

I would not say blow thru is the way to go on all turbo maf cars, because I don't know, but in the case of the vvti 2j, it works very well, and all I am trying to relay is that you should consider the option, as is has worked great on the builds I've done it to.
Old 01-06-17, 06:16 AM
super51fan
Rookie

Thumbs up

Looks good, how do you like the CD009? I was thinking about that route or W58 or R154 but it all depends on my power goals. I messaged CBF performance about the shifter and sending them a w58 and r154 shifter so hopefully they can make more custom parts for our cars. Do you have a leather boot installed inside the stock shifter hole to keep a factory look?
Old 01-09-17, 05:15 AM
driftdan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
I will say I don't claim to have all the true nor theoretical answers as to why, but I can confidently say I have personally done it both ways on 2j builds I have worked on. The maf is measuring the air density, and air temperature is what changes that.

This does not however seem to work with such success on non-vvti us 2j's. My understanding is that it is because the ecu is relying on the map sensor for the loading (maf/map). Where as the vvti's run soley on the maf using it for the loading as well (maf/maf), the vvti's do have a map sensor as well but it is used for boost-cut and not for loading, on a vvti it can be disconnected and the engine will run the same.

I would not say blow thru is the way to go on all turbo maf cars, because I don't know, but in the case of the vvti 2j, it works very well, and all I am trying to relay is that you should consider the option, as is has worked great on the builds I've done it to.
ill give it a try then, did you still use one of the VSV/IAC sensors?

Originally Posted by super51fan
Looks good, how do you like the CD009? I was thinking about that route or W58 or R154 but it all depends on my power goals. I messaged CBF performance about the shifter and sending them a w58 and r154 shifter so hopefully they can make more custom parts for our cars. Do you have a leather boot installed inside the stock shifter hole to keep a factory look?
What's the W/R shifter for? The one he provides has the reverse shift lockout.
Old 01-09-17, 06:19 AM
super51fan
Rookie

What's the W/R shifter for? The one he provides has the reverse shift lockout.
I was going to send them to him so he can make W58/R154 shifters for the GS. I know of a lot of people who would want to go W58/R154 and I would personally like to go R154 instead of CD009.
Old 01-29-17, 07:43 PM
Stretch21
Driver School Candidate

Love seeing manual swapped GSs
Old 03-01-17, 07:35 AM
driftdan
Driver School Candidate

Some updates. The CBF shift fits in the stock hole, only need to modify the cup holder bracket underneath

And engine wise, getting closer to being done. Finished up the fuel but I have a leak on the back of the fuel rail. Going to switch out the 90* AN fitting for a Banjo style since its super tight back there. I think it might be hitting and making the leask

Old 03-01-17, 09:21 AM
eicca
Intermediate

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

This is beautiful. I've solved every puzzle piece for assembling my own CD009 swap in my 400, so now I just need the cash!
Old 03-01-17, 08:15 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

And engine wise, getting closer to being done. Finished up the fuel but I have a leak on the back of the fuel rail. Going to switch out the 90* AN fitting for a Banjo style since its super tight back there. I think it might be hitting and making the leask

Yeah the rear fitting on a top feed rail is a super tight fit, I ended up using a street L style -an fitting that fit better than the common sweeping 90 -an hose ends I installed initially. But a banjo is a great space saver as well. So the car is up and running now?? Awesome!

Quick Reply: CD009 swapped GTE GS300