Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

PeteGS300 - LS460 Build From Across The Pond In The UK

Old 09-15-16, 04:46 PM
PeteGS300
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default PeteGS300 - LS460 Build From Across The Pond In The UK

Hi all and welcome to the build thread for my ''new to me'' 2006 LS460 SE-L.

I've just recently sold my 1999 GS300 UK Sport Model (See pictures below) which was my long term project having carried out many enhancements & modifications to it

Anyways here are the pictures of the LS460 :

Future Plans Are :

Vertex Digna Front & Rear Lips - Just got to find someone who'll ship them internationally,
Roof & Boot (Trunk) Spoilers,
Change Side Mirrors To The Versions With The Turn Signals Built In,
Change The Front Fenders Either To US Spec Versions Or Get Them Smoothed Deleting The Side Repeaters,
Change Taillights To The Red Versions - Current Ones Are The Full LED Taillights Similar To The Spec D Tuning Ones But Are The Smoked Versions Which I'm Not Really A Fan Of.
Change The Exterior & Interior Lighting To LEDs,
Change The HID Bulbs - I'll most likely be changing them to the Osram Night Breaker Unlimited's,
Remove The Lexus & LS460 Badges.
Swap Out The Fog Light Bulbs For An HID Kit,
Old 09-15-16, 06:49 PM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome and clean GS inside and out! Also those pictures are crisp and clean great job on that.

Grats on the LS it looks great.

It sucks you're across the pond and have to make so much changes on your list and not easy to get all of it but I'm sure you'll eventually get it to where you want it.

Good luck on your build!
Old 09-15-16, 07:37 PM
PeteGS300
Driver

Bustarice :

Sadly i can't take the credit for the photo's as they was taken by a good buddy of mine who i have to say is a wizard with the camera.
Yeah the GS was a great car and i was sad to see it go but after owning it for the past six years, i got to a stage where i was either going to end up spending more money on it or selling it to upgrade to something newer, and as you can see i choose the second option.
Yeah the more threads i read on here the longer my to do list gets.
Going to be saving money over the winter period then once winter has passed the mods will start - Hoping to have most of the mod list done by the start of the 2017 UK show season.
First thing i'm going to do doing is carrying out a detail of the exterior & interior.
Old 09-16-16, 10:22 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Nice!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 10-16-16, 10:21 AM
PeteGS300
Driver

Datasystem's controller fitted into the ash tray,
Gave it a quick clean inside (Waiting till after winter for the weather to get better so then i'll give it a full detail inside & out)

Current plans for it are :

Get some plain number plates (license plates without the writing underneath) ,
Going to remove the Lexus & LS460 Badges,

Last edited by PeteGS300; 10-16-16 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-17-16, 06:32 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteGS300

Datasystem's controller fitted into the ash tray,
Gave it a quick clean inside (Waiting till after winter for the weather to get better so then i'll give it a full detail inside & out)

Current plans for it are :
Get some plain number plates (license plates without the writing underneath) ,
Going to remove the Lexus & LS460 Badges,
Hi Pete, Gorgeous car, and looks like you know exactly what you want! And money seems no object
I think you have a really rare car, probably one of a handful in the UK. It's a SWB (doesn't say LS460L) with the Executive seating package, DRCC and LKA. Now with the Datasystems controller, and the other mods planned, it will be one of a kind in the UK, I am positive! I have some questions about your car.

1) I am very curious to see how the LKA/Advanced pre-collision arrangement looks in a 2006 MY car. Can you please post close up pics of the windshield where the cameras are located above the rear view mirror?

2) Also, with pre-collision, your innermost headlight lenses will have infrared illuminators. Can you post pics of the headlights and do you know if the innermost lenses light up at all? If they don't (as in my 2014), then they are exclusively for IR imaging.

3) Does your vehicle come with night vision? That is, does the Nav screen display IR images when activated by a dashboard switch? This feature was discontinued in 2012/13.

4) Lastly, does your vehicle have the self-parking feature? There should be a backup button below the hold switch on the steering wheel.

All in all, you have a "collector" car. You may be able to find out from Lexus how many cars with these features were sold in Europe in 2006/7. Congratulations, and thanks for answering my questions.
Old 10-17-16, 07:38 AM
PeteGS300
Driver

Hi Comotiger,

Yeah over here in the UK you don't really see that Lexus's, And when you see them there usually IS's or GS's , its very rare to see another LS.
I think my LS is the normal wheel base model as i believe over here we got three model variations - SWB / Normal / LWB,

If you give me a few days and i'll upload the pictures you asked for.
Old 10-17-16, 08:40 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

2 very beautiful cars. Good luck with your new LS.
Old 10-17-16, 08:47 AM
PeteGS300
Driver

Thanks RX469
Old 10-17-16, 09:19 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Hi Comotiger,
Yeah over here in the UK you don't really see that Lexus's, And when you see them there usually IS's or GS's , its very rare to see another LS.
I think my LS is the normal wheel base model as i believe over here we got three model variations - SWB / Normal / LWB,
If you give me a few days and i'll upload the pictures you asked for.
As far as I know, the 460 came in only two lengths, the normal SWB and the extended LWB designated as 460L. Since you said you have a 460 SE-L, I am beginning to think you have the LWB, but that is not evident in the badge. It is hard to imagine having the executive seating package with the ottoman and not have the LWB. You can check your owner's manual and find out if the wheelbase is ~116 inches or ~121 inches.

Did you mention how many miles on the odometer, and given its rarity, how much did you pay for this car?
Old 10-17-16, 12:04 PM
PeteGS300
Driver

Comotiger - Just had a look in the owners manual and the wheelbase length i have is 116 inches so the normal swb version also i sadly don't have the ottoman in the rear, i believe that was an optional extra even on the SE-L models, When looking at the LS's for sale i found i was mostly the LS600HL's that have the ottomans fitted.
It currently has 116.xxx miles on it and i paid £8000 (9700 USD)
Old 10-17-16, 01:55 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Less than $10,000?? My Scottish friend Darren would say "Bollocks". That's effing unbelievable!! You can't find a base car of that mileage for less than 15-16K out here. Your fully optioned car would easily be 18K . And I thought you would have paid a lot more due to its rarity.

Ok, your car has many features of the executive package with the rear entertainment system and reclining rear seats in the SWB model. Like I said, it's a rare combo. Enjoy it, man!
Old 10-22-16, 04:15 AM
PeteGS300
Driver

Well thats the first mod done - Removed the Lexus & LS460 badges from the trunk (I can confirm that the badges are just stuck on, No pins or holes)

Anyways here's a picture.

Looks so much cleaner now i've removed them.

Last edited by PeteGS300; 10-23-16 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-22-16, 04:23 AM
PeteGS300
Driver

Here are some pictures Comotiger asked for :

Old 10-22-16, 04:59 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Thanks, Pete. The badge-less look is nice. No trace of the adhesives.

Here are some pictures Comotiger asked for :
The inner lens looks like a standard projector, so I don't think you have IR illuminators for pedestrian detection.

I can barely make out the single hold button on the left side of the steering wheel below the mode button. The self-parking button would have shared that space with the hold button, much like the DRCC and LKA buttons on the right side.

​​​​​​​
OK, you have the rain sensor but no cameras. Unless that single window in the black area is the camera window. I am attaching below the sensors from a 2013 MY car. This leads me to wonder how exactly is the LKA feature implemented in the 2006 car. The owner's manual may be of help.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PeteGS300 - LS460 Build From Across The Pond In The UK