Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

The anti-VIP build

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-16, 08:06 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default The anti-VIP build

I bought this car for a daily, I drive a lot for work but soon enough I found myself wanting to do stupid wasteful things for personal enjoyment.

It is hard to see how many dents there are and how much paint is peeling off the lower trim but the car has been bumped around a bit. Nothing major, maybe one low speed collision on the driverside front fender. It was small enough to just repair the fender and bumper which made me feel alright.

decent enough, but here was the real selling point;

I had some interior parts from my Genesis Coupe still so why not start throwing those in. Starting with a Nardi Personal

Then dropped on function forms with the Celsior Toyota badge
The anti-VIP build-syfzoaz.jpg

now i'm getting error 30 on my 7D so cell phone pics until that is fixed.

What's this? Ingalls sway bushings and...
The anti-VIP build-macp1n9.jpg

Getting real stupid now with my p1 seats from my old Genesis with Bride rails
The anti-VIP build-ljodb0a.jpg

tried wrapping the console, sucked so i have to switch it, but the new shift **** is nice.
The anti-VIP build-tgr7piv.jpg

had to do the real wire tuck because I am rubbing, 60 series is tough I am not even low and it rubbed.
The anti-VIP build-gvlibj4.jpg

Front brakes were done at the same time;
Painted my reman calipers, EBC redstuff, braided lines, and DOT 4
The anti-VIP build-x68etdy.jpg

Sprayed my corners because I like yellow
The anti-VIP build-5no7pj6.jpg

My paint was looking so bad on the front bumper I thought I'd see what black and blue looked like together.
The anti-VIP build-qubnqbw.jpg

I don't mind it! might have to try gloss black lowers when i pull the trigger on a new bumper.

Driving around for work
The anti-VIP build-bqrhxcv.jpg

Clear bumper markers in with the yellow corners. I like the base 90's Toyota look, so maybe you see where I am going here or your like it looks ****
Attachment 492302

That is all for now!
Old 09-15-16, 10:49 PM
hotdawwg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good. The console wrap looks amazing... how is the ride with the form and functions
Old 09-16-16, 05:51 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Originally Posted by hotdawwg
Looks good. The console wrap looks amazing... how is the ride with the form and functions
Thanks! i didn't do a good enough job on the ashtray, it started to lift on the edges a little in heat.

F&F ride is really good; comparable to BC's and I think even better than Ksports I had in other cars. The only thing is though the stock seats are so stiff I was bouncing in it on the highway haha. Only on big dips, but I was hitting my head on the ceiling from the bounce..

I also just ordered the Addco RSB

and a new edge cobra lip

new edge is 1857mm wide
UCF20 is 1829mm wide

maybe some trimming but I should be able to make it look pretty clean

Last edited by blumagic; 09-16-16 at 06:00 AM.
Old 09-16-16, 07:30 AM
Stereotype
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blumagic
Thanks! i didn't do a good enough job on the ashtray, it started to lift on the edges a little in heat.

F&F ride is really good; comparable to BC's and I think even better than Ksports I had in other cars. The only thing is though the stock seats are so stiff I was bouncing in it on the highway haha. Only on big dips, but I was hitting my head on the ceiling from the bounce..

I also just ordered the Addco RSB

and a new edge cobra lip

new edge is 1857mm wide
UCF20 is 1829mm wide

maybe some trimming but I should be able to make it look pretty clean

Interested to see if that lip works. I'm on ksports in my ucf10 and mines a bouncy house as well. My dampening is set on standard all around. My front and back seats have actual springs in them, i dont know if yours does or not, but that adds to the bouncy house effect haha.
Old 09-26-16, 06:36 AM
blumagic
Rookie

I got the drivers side just about perfect, I was working on the passenger side and one of my relief cuts ripped down the front so not quite as clean on that side as I would prefer but it'll do until I get something new

Addco RSB is discontinued so if anyone knows of another solution to that strig-bean of a sway; please let me know.

The anti-VIP build-xk71aoh.jpg

here you can kind of see the tear & repair, it makes it not line up as clean

The anti-VIP build-luhu1xs.jpg

Last edited by blumagic; 09-26-16 at 06:39 AM.
Old 09-27-16, 09:05 AM
mugencivic
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like it but I'm iffy on the yellow corners. The lip looks good, I might have to try it for my ES. Have you thought of maybe painting the outer/corner bumper light yellow as well to match? Something I was attempting to do on a 4.5 maxima I had. I painted the corners amber and was going to buy clear bumper lights (4pc as well) and paint the corners amber, but the car blew a head gasket and was sold to the junkyard before i could do it.
Old 10-05-16, 01:07 PM
RaphyV
Driver

Nice build. I'm dropped on Function/Form Type 2s also, but my car looks way lower than yours. The shop that did the install said that it was nearly maxed out as far as how high they could raise it

I'm liking your ride height though.
Old 02-08-17, 11:05 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Thanks for the comments! I ripped off the lip after a couple weeks LOL, I was pretty neutral on how it turned out anyway.

I am actually planning on getting rid of the bumper lights eventually so I'm not to worried. I like how the yellow looks and breaks up the corner.

I lowered my F&Fs slightly more since I put 205/60/16 snow tires on.. with 22mm front 30mm rear spacers
The anti-VIP build-8qr0kkw.jpg

I've also installed poly LCA bushings up front and poly strut rod bushings.... wow what a difference. I heard that the poly strut rod bushings make the ride harsh, I don't really agree I'd have to say that the car handles a lot more "modern" but maybe my old ones were just that ****ed

I have new slotted rotors, ebc reds, braided lines and reman calipers for the rear now I just have to find time to install. In the meantime I picked up some TL Enkeis with tires for cheap, I like these wheels they remind me a little of the old Axis Touring cups. One of the next things on the list is picking up stickier tires for these.

The anti-VIP build-crgbr9u.jpg
The anti-VIP build-ylc8lcs.jpg

After the tires I am planning on replacing all of the rear arms and then hopefully start to freshen up some of the cosmetics. I'm looking to do some interior updates in the summer as well to keep me busy.

The anti-VIP build-hqcijwo.jpg

I also looped the idle up valve for the PS.... good god i should have done that ages ago. Steering feels nice, heavy and most importantly the same throughout steering motion.

Last edited by blumagic; 02-08-17 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-28-17, 08:52 AM
driftsucky
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

subscribed. I love where this is going.
The following users liked this post:
blumagic (02-28-17)
Old 02-28-17, 12:28 PM
blumagic
Rookie

Thanks, I should have some interesting stuff coming up

I told myself I'd get the suspension all replaced before anything cosmetic but I went and ordered something cosmetic today! Should be something unique and interesting that fits my 90's style

I also did some wiring, i probably should have took some pics...

For reference, if anyone swaps their steering wheel out like I did on my UCF20, here is how you get the airbag light off;

- I used five 10ohm 1/4 watt resistors in parallel (I soldered them together at each of their ends) from radioshack.
- I clipped off the airbag connector and soldered each end of my new resistor pack to the ends of the old airbag plug wires
- added some heat shrink and electrical tape and plugged it in
- done!

I also pulled the seat harness out of the drivers OEM seat and removed the part of the harness for the seatbelt connector so I could remove the seatbelt light from the dash as well when it is clicked in.
I forgot that the female end of the seat belt assembly lights up. So now i want to do the harness for the passenger so they both light up.

much excite, I know

anyways the horn works again too! wired that up last weekend.
Old 03-01-17, 07:22 AM
driftsucky
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Do you still use your cruise...or is it still available I guess I should say. I ask because when I did a QR on my Infiniti, I lost my cruise functions. Not that I ever used them anyway. But, I didn't feel like pulling them from the steering wheel as the button functions were wired there and not the stalk. I only got a horn because I happened to be at an event and grabbed a horn button and wiring from Scott (grip royal). I actually don't even know why I'm asking because I haven't used cruise on any car since about the 90's. lol
Old 03-01-17, 10:34 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Originally Posted by driftsucky
Do you still use your cruise...or is it still available I guess I should say. I ask because when I did a QR on my Infiniti, I lost my cruise functions. Not that I ever used them anyway. But, I didn't feel like pulling them from the steering wheel as the button functions were wired there and not the stalk. I only got a horn because I happened to be at an event and grabbed a horn button and wiring from Scott (grip royal). I actually don't even know why I'm asking because I haven't used cruise on any car since about the 90's. lol

naw I have never been too bothered by cruise, my old Genesis Coupe didn't come with it so I never think to use it.
Old 03-02-17, 05:35 PM
timmy0tool

Received 416 Likes on 371 Posts

neat build! how did you get the SRS light to go out? are you running a load on it? removed the cluster bulb (hehe)?

axis touring cups? I can tell your age just by that reference. keep the updates coming!
The following users liked this post:
blumagic (03-03-17)
Old 03-03-17, 06:04 AM
blumagic
Rookie

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
neat build! how did you get the SRS light to go out? are you running a load on it? removed the cluster bulb (hehe)?

axis touring cups? I can tell your age just by that reference. keep the updates coming!

It was only a few bucks in resistors and a soldering iron bulb is still in there

I love me some 90's

Did some work yesterday and got the rear brakes in and put on the TL Enkeis until next winter

Matched up with the front, R1 slotted rotors, EBC red stuff, braided lines, and bled w/ DOT4
The anti-VIP build-6homitj.jpg
The anti-VIP build-gkyjs7y.jpg

All in with the rear 30mm spacer
The anti-VIP build-ur7lwvw.jpg

sunrise pic with my dirty *** car, it needs a wash bad.
The anti-VIP build-5segxw2.jpg
The anti-VIP build-nlbg955.jpg

If anyone is curious about the lugs these are 1320 performance ball seat lugs that look like tuner lugs; so safe fit but look cool.

The anti-VIP build-vnwam35.jpg
Old 03-03-17, 08:01 AM
LSRob
Driver School Candidate

Default Love the post title

Clean look. I've got the same struts, 4 piston calipers + drilled & slotted rotors, frankly to many mods to mention. Something to be said for understated elegance..... Now add some curtains, goofy little headrest pillows, a three tier tray for every passenger, and tweak your camber until your car looks broken.... Seriously don't get some peoples idea of "style".

My 91 LS

Quick Reply: The anti-VIP build