Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Otakusan's 2016 IS350 AWD F-Sport

Old 09-23-16, 07:40 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Ok, so I got the car back took it home and put the TE37SL's on...

Please excuse the noisy phone picture, it's starting to get dark out...

Anyhow... Things did not work out as I planned. This is what's happening:
1) when I bought the car, part of the deal was Dealer was supposed to bring in a set of F-Sport Springs (RWD) from the US and install on my car
2) I specifically double checked and triple checked that the lowering springs will not affect my warranty what so ever. I even have them put it on my sales contract.
Since I don't have to pay a cent on the springs/install/alignment, I thought it would make it a good experiment on how those F-Sport springs will work out in the AWD.
3) Got a call saying springs arrived, booked my apt for the install, dropped the car off.
4) Came back a few hours later to pick up the car and noticed that the drop was DEAD ON perfect.. just wow... perfect amount of lowering and the car actually still sits level. So the F-sport springs works perfect on the AWD model as well. Now the question is ride quality since the spring rates are designed for RWD.
5) Took car home and the whole ride home was awesome, not bouncy, not much stiffer compared to stock.
6) Got home and pop the trunk to notice an RSR box in the back with my stock springs... WTF??!!!?!?!?

So they said they would bring in F-sport springs, but instead brought in RSR for me instead???? AND they didn't mention a single word to me about it.

BUT I'm not going to go back and freak out on them; this actually works out even better for me.. I wanted the RSR at the first place anyways since they're designed for the AWD car. But if I were to initiate using RSR to lower my car, my warranty is out the window for at least the shocks. But since now.. I theoretically thinks I have F-sport parts, my warranty is still valid since it's clearly stated on my sales contract that the car will be lowered with springs dealership brought in and it does not affect my warranty.

Long story short, car is lowered, but the attempt to use F-Sport springs on the AWD model didn't happen.
The following users liked this post:
350RWD (01-31-22)
Old 09-23-16, 07:43 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sashax415
I've been away from the Lexus scene for too long. When did they start making an AWD IS350? Any manual trans yet?
I think they started having AWD mid way thought the 2IS... but no manuals for AWD or 350, only 2IS RWD had manual (at least in Canada).. all 3IS are auto
Old 09-24-16, 03:31 AM
Tyrant32
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by otakusan

1) when I bought the car, part of the deal was Dealer was supposed to bring in a set of F-Sport Springs (RWD) from the US and install on my car
2) I specifically double checked and triple checked that the lowering springs will not affect my warranty what so ever. I even have them put it on my sales contract.
Since I don't have to pay a cent on the springs/install/alignment, I thought it would make it a good experiment on how those F-Sport springs will work out in the AWD.
3) Got a call saying springs arrived, booked my apt for the install, dropped the car off.
4) Came back a few hours later to pick up the car and noticed that the drop was DEAD ON perfect.. just wow... perfect amount of lowering and the car actually still sits level. So the F-sport springs works perfect on the AWD model as well. Now the question is ride quality since the spring rates are designed for RWD.
5) Took car home and the whole ride home was awesome, not bouncy, not much stiffer compared to stock.
6) Got home and pop the trunk to notice an RSR box in the back with my stock springs... WTF??!!!?!?!?

So they said they would bring in F-sport springs, but instead brought in RSR for me instead???? AND they didn't mention a single word to me about it.

BUT I'm not going to go back and freak out on them; this actually works out even better for me.. I wanted the RSR at the first place anyways since they're designed for the AWD car. But if I were to initiate using RSR to lower my car, my warranty is out the window for at least the shocks. But since now.. I theoretically thinks I have F-sport parts, my warranty is still valid since it's clearly stated on my sales contract that the car will be lowered with springs dealership brought in and it does not affect my warranty.

Long story short, car is lowered, but the attempt to use F-Sport springs on the AWD model didn't happen.
Sorry to hear that. Was looking forward to the results with the F Sport springs. Are you going to say anything to the dealer? Still interested to see how the RC350 sway bar fitment goes.
Old 09-24-16, 10:11 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tyrant32
Sorry to hear that. Was looking forward to the results with the F Sport springs. Are you going to say anything to the dealer? Still interested to see how the RC350 sway bar fitment goes.
At the end things worked out better for me.. I got the car lowered, with springs that are actually made for my car, AND I have full warranty still
so probably won't be saying a word to dealer.

But I was looking forward to seeing how the RWD F-Sport springs will fit on the AWD.

And same with the RC350 sway bar fitment... if it fits the AWD, I'd jump on one right away.. the car NEEDS a bigger one bad
Old 09-24-16, 02:08 PM
nayuta
Driver

The TE37s look dopeeee on this IS.

For the warranty bit about the shocks and springs, wouldn't the dealer and possibly Lexus US corporate have to prove the RSR downs caused whatever failure or issue to have the warranty voided? I believe that's how all the warranty and modding relationships work. Maybe someone else can back me up or correct me on that.

Lol @ evangelion starter and @ otakusan username. Elohel.
Old 09-24-16, 04:32 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nayuta
The TE37s look dopeeee on this IS.

For the warranty bit about the shocks and springs, wouldn't the dealer and possibly Lexus US corporate have to prove the RSR downs caused whatever failure or issue to have the warranty voided? I believe that's how all the warranty and modding relationships work. Maybe someone else can back me up or correct me on that.

Lol @ evangelion starter and @ otakusan username. Elohel.
Canadian dealers are usually very **** with it comes to warranty.. even if it's very obvious that the aftermarket parts has no affect on the warranty items.. when it comes to warranty work, it's like pulling teeth.

Thanks for the kind comments on the TEs and here's a picture of the start button

Last edited by otakusan; 10-12-16 at 09:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DarthLex (11-08-19)
Old 09-24-16, 06:38 PM
evchao
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're doing a 18x9 setup for front and rear? I'm assuming no rub eh
Old 09-24-16, 09:52 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by evchao
You're doing a 18x9 setup for front and rear? I'm assuming no rub eh
Wheels are 18x9 +45, while tires are 245/40/18 all around. No tires rub what so ever front or back. Front wheels can be fully turned and still ok for clearance. The front wheels inside are VERY close to the control arm thou... like 3mm. But since those are non moving parts nor do they flex, it should be ok. I am thinking of trading in those wheels for something else in spring thou. I just kept them from the STi to see how they would look and fit on the IS.
Old 09-27-16, 07:04 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

So here are the results of the lowering.. didn't get to take much pictures till now

Looks nice, but it's a bit too low.. i'm bottoming out on the headers area Why can't RS-R make half down for AWD

Oh a side now... got snow tires from costco (Good deal) will be using these on stock rims

Old 09-27-16, 06:49 PM
otakusan
Intermediate

I just can't catch a break can't I....

Ordered TRD Aero parts from Japan for $1200US shipped, turned out they are now discontinued... contacted the planet for places with stock and finally found one but for $1900US, bit the bullet and ordered it.

Finally got the car lowered, but it's too low, scrapping like hell... still need to get that resolved.

Ordered JDM F-Sport Fog lights with bezel and switch... finally arrived, but looks like this

Old 09-28-16, 12:23 AM
Tyrant32
Rookie

I just can't catch a break can't I....

Ordered TRD Aero parts from Japan for $1200US shipped, turned out they are now discontinued... contacted the planet for places with stock and finally found one but for $1900US, bit the bullet and ordered it.

Finally got the car lowered, but it's too low, scrapping like hell... still need to get that resolved.

Ordered JDM F-Sport Fog lights with bezel and switch... finally arrived, but looks like this

Wait, so your car is scraping with RSR Downs on it? Have you done anything else to it that may contribute to the ride height? This is the first time I've heard of a car scraping regularly on RSR Downs. Some people occasionally scrape on steep driveways but that's about all I've heard.
Old 09-28-16, 06:39 AM
otakusan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tyrant32
Wait, so your car is scraping with RSR Downs on it? Have you done anything else to it that may contribute to the ride height? This is the first time I've heard of a car scraping regularly on RSR Downs. Some people occasionally scrape on steep driveways but that's about all I've heard.
Other then the springs, everything is stock. But I do live in a high rise with underground parking, the hump between off ramp and flat road is where my headers are "just" touching... not a huge scrape, but having the headers touch every time I go in and out can't be good in the long run. I think i'm going to bite the bullet and go full coil-overs so I can fine adjust enough to clear the hump... plus I find the stock suspensions to be a bit on the sloppy side anyways, just didn't think I'd go full aftermarket this soon.

Also, I contacted Nigel (where I bought the fog lights from), and they just shipped out the correct fog light covers to me this morning.
Old 09-28-16, 07:36 AM
Tyrant32
Rookie

Other then the springs, everything is stock. But I do live in a high rise with underground parking, the hump between off ramp and flat road is where my headers are "just" touching... not a huge scrape, but having the headers touch every time I go in and out can't be good in the long run. I think i'm going to bite the bullet and go full coil-overs so I can fine adjust enough to clear the hump... plus I find the stock suspensions to be a bit on the sloppy side anyways, just didn't think I'd go full aftermarket this soon.

Also, I contacted Nigel (where I bought the fog lights from), and they just shipped out the correct fog light covers to me this morning.
Glad to hear the fog lights are working out. I understand your hesitation with coilovers. I too am hesitant because of their short lifespan.
Old 09-28-16, 10:30 AM
JM Auto Racing
Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

beautiful looking car. Great Job!
1-855-998-8726
Old 09-29-16, 10:41 PM
W4kj4k
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats on the pick up!!

How did the fog light installation go?