Jeevans' IS350

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-16, 12:03 PM
JeeKay
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jeevans' IS350

Intro
I've always been into cars, mainly Hondas and I've had a few project cars, last two being CRX's imported from Japan, but I like all Japanese makes, so when my 2003 Honda Civic that served as my daily for the past 10 years developed some engine issues I was more than ready to let it die and pick something up with a little more "class". After looking at some options (wanted a Subaru at first) I decided I would look into getting a Lexus. After doing some research that lead me away from a manual transmission IS250 I found this 2006 IS350 imported from the US.
So far I love this car, its [obviously] way better than the Civic in every way, but I'm having a harder time living with the autotragic transmission than I thought I would, but this may become easier when the CRX is back on the road.

Mods
The first mod I did was the Vais Ivic android integration as I would be sitting in my car parked for some time quite often and my Civic had android integration using App Radio Unchained.

The next mod I did was installing an ISF rear anti-roll bar, I did have to settle as I wanted the F-Sport bar but due to the CAD to USD exchange rate I paid less than it would cost for the F-Sport rear for both ISF bars. I only installed the rear and the front may go on sometime soon or when I finally do get the F-Sport rear bar.

The next thing I did was lower the ride height and this morning I installed a pair of SuperPro front LCA bushings to save the insides of the tires as well as to improve the driving experience.

Other than installing the F-Sport grill I ordered yesterday I probably won't have many mods coming up but I thought I would start this thread to keep track of how my "daily that I won't mod" (the reason I didn't go with a WRX) progresses. I would like to do some aesthetic mods but other financial avenues will likely take priority.
But I do plan to take it to the track at least once to see how it does.

Pictures
Onto the pictures
Current height

Previous EF7 CRX (link for those interested)

Current EF8 CRX (link for those interested)

That's all for now.
Old 08-26-16, 04:31 PM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Welcome to the family bro, the car is looking good man..
Old 08-29-16, 11:52 AM
JeeKay
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by badx33
Welcome to the family bro, the car is looking good man..
Thank you.
Old 08-29-16, 12:04 PM
JeeKay
Driver School Candidate

LCA Bushing upgrade
SuperPro LCA bushing install

The driver side had some heavy corrosion on one of the bolts.

A wire wheel took care of that

I pressed the factory bushing out (can be seen out on the left)

And pressed the new one in

Flush

Anti-seize

Done

Old 08-29-16, 01:48 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Fun to see another Civic-to-2IS member! There's a few of us on here. Went from having two 5th gens to one IS350. Worthwhile change in my book! LOL! Welcome!
Old 08-31-16, 09:30 AM
JeeKay
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gville350
Fun to see another Civic-to-2IS member! There's a few of us on here. Went from having two 5th gens to one IS350. Worthwhile change in my book! LOL! Welcome!

Hahaha these cars sure are different than a 90's Civic

So far I'm quite pleased with the upgrade, I just can't seem to stop missing the third pedal
Old 09-23-16, 12:05 PM
JeeKay
Driver School Candidate

Picked up a few little items lately.

I met a guy locally selling an F-Sport exhaust. I really liked the way my car sounded with no mufflers so I was planning on using an exhaust cut out wired into the ECT switch to open up the exhaust when I wanted to but keeping it smooth and quiet for the most part but I loved the look of the F-Sport exhaust so I thought I would give it a listen. We went for a ride in his 250 and I wasn't too pleased with the sound, it was a little too quiet inside the cabin for my taste, but when I heard it from the outside I changed my mind. It sounded great from outside so I swapped out our exhausts in his underground parking lot.

The exhaust was extremely dirty, but not just dust and grim, it had road tar all over the tips and seemed like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. I can't blame him though, for most people cleaning the exhaust isn't really high up on priority haha.

A lot of elbow grease, a fair amount of WD-40 and Acetone got most of the tar and grim off. Then some time with 0000 steel wool took car of the rest. I may pull the system off and re-polish the mufflers but for now it looks much better, I will need to take some close up pictures sometime.

Ever since I first got the car I found the grill "unappealing". I can see why some may like it but it just wasn't for me. I received my F-Sport style grill and installed that as well as painting the chrome grill surround black. This was also a good time to clean the engine bat a little.

(also relocated my license plate as seen above)

Moved over the emblem

Derp

After clear coating the grill surround it either reacted weird or I missed a spot, either way it was unacceptable so I left it off so I could let it dry then sand it and redo it.

I have since re-painted it but here is how it looked without the grill surround installed

And the rear end with the newly added exhaust, roof spoiler and rear lip

Next thing will be the F-Sport intake box when it arrives and then I will try to take a break for a while before making the decision on a front lip and eventually side skirts.
Old 09-25-16, 07:55 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Lookin good! If you missed it, there's also a badgeless F-sport grill out there.
Old 09-26-16, 09:53 AM
JeeKay
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gville350
Lookin good! If you missed it, there's also a badgeless F-sport grill out there.
Thanks, I did debate between the two for a bit but I didn't mind the look of the L badge and in my head I thought the fitment might be better.
I had thought this grill was an optional OEM part and the replicas were built off the old molds but now that I actually think about it I don't know where I got that information from so I may be completely wrong.

The emblem didn't really fit the same way it did on the OEM grill, had I known that I would have gone badgeless. Now if it ever starts to peel or I have issues with it I will get the badgeless grill.

I may have found a F-Sport rear sway bar locally too, just gotta work out the details to get it.
Old 10-04-16, 02:50 PM
JeeKay
Driver School Candidate

I just recently picked up and installed the F-Sport rear anti-roll bar along with an ISF front anti-roll bar, the difference was noticed on the first roundabout and the following on-ramp the bridge. The difference from when the car was bone-stock to now with the F-Sport rear bar, ISF front bar and Superpro front LCA bushings is significant, the steering feel from the bushings and the significant decrease in body roll from the new anti-roll bar setup has added the sportiness I desired without taking away too much from the luxury characteristics although I do with Lexus had gone with a more sporty front seat.

I would like to get the ISF steering damper when I can find one that doesn't come with the Canadian price mark up and sometime down the road an ISF steering ECU would be nice, but for now I can live with the way it drives.

I also received my F-Sport intake box last week

The little differences:

Old 11-11-16, 10:33 AM
akoster
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Liking this build man! Very nice job!
Old 07-20-17, 10:20 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I like what you've done with your IS350 so far. Love the Hondas too!
Old 07-26-17, 09:07 AM
808newbie
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

liking those forgestar wheels
Old 08-26-17, 01:39 PM
ISFerr
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, very clean whips. Props man.