Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Gerxiong89 ultrasonic blue mica build

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-16, 09:32 AM
Gerxiong89
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by E46CT
Only thing I don't like is it tends to bow up in the middle. Does yours do that? I am looking to get the other lip that follows the curve of the bumper (but sometimes I like yours too) and will get it painted the color of the F Sport spindle grill. is that a gun metal gray? I wonder if I should get it painted phantom pearl
You wont see that once it is mounted on. It might just be the angle of the picture thats throwing it off. I painted mine flat black. I like this style more because it looks more aggressive.
Old 11-05-16, 11:08 PM
Gerxiong89
Pole Position

Been a while. Got some ijdmtoy fog lights install and led trunk light installed. Im not really feeling the out put of the fog lights. Im definitely going to retrofit a pair of morimoto mini h1 bi-xenon projectors in there.

Old 11-07-16, 07:44 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,078 Likes on 1,569 Posts

Weird my foglights don't output like that..

Let me know what you come up with with the mini H1 projectors.. how do you plan to mount them? I want to do something similar. Working in that area will be a chore.
Old 11-07-16, 08:27 PM
Gerxiong89
Pole Position

Weird my foglights don't output like that..

Let me know what you come up with with the mini H1 projectors.. how do you plan to mount them? I want to do something similar. Working in that area will be a chore.
​​​​​​​either the h1 or i might just get the ford fusion fogs. I use to have the ford fusion fogs on my 4runner and i love it because its small, i believe the same size as the ijdmtoy fogs. What i plan is to just remove the fog lights out of the ijdmtoy bracket and fit the fusion/h1 in there and just trim a lil at a time til it fits into the hole. Theres actually a lot of room to play with around the fog light area.
Old 11-07-16, 11:03 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah theres a lot of room... just want it to look good. We dont have many options with the fog covers. Hmm... i have to look at the fusion fogs now. I was looking for an OE solution. Are the ford fusion fogs HID or LED?
Old 11-08-16, 09:21 AM
Fsportme
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

How does foglight appear when looking straight on? (2nd pic shinning on the house) Seems the dispersion of light is very wide and not really focus, looks like it will blind oncoming vehicles.
Old 11-08-16, 09:52 AM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gerxiong89
either the h1 or i might just get the ford fusion fogs. I use to have the ford fusion fogs on my 4runner and i love it because its small, i believe the same size as the ijdmtoy fogs. What i plan is to just remove the fog lights out of the ijdmtoy bracket and fit the fusion/h1 in there and just trim a lil at a time til it fits into the hole. Theres actually a lot of room to play with around the fog light area.
Looked at it some more... I opened up the iJDMtoy fogs before but forgot how it looks inside. you wouldnt happen to have pics of it would you? I am looking at some really mini projectors (TRS matchbox) to integrate into the iJDMtoy housings.

I dunno the fusion seem a bit on the large side and how would you mount them? they dont have mounting holes. The Matchbox projector lens are 1.8". I think thats roughly the same size as the JDMToy lenses.

Ideally i'd prefer LED. Really wish I could mount my OEM Corolla LED units in there... they're kind of big though and i'd have to hack up the fog light covers and i dont think it would look right. I want to err more on the side of plug and play. Less hacking the better.
Old 11-09-16, 11:12 AM
Gerxiong89
Pole Position

Looked at it some more... I opened up the iJDMtoy fogs before but forgot how it looks inside. you wouldnt happen to have pics of it would you? I am looking at some really mini projectors (TRS matchbox) to integrate into the iJDMtoy housings.

I dunno the fusion seem a bit on the large side and how would you mount them? they dont have mounting holes. The Matchbox projector lens are 1.8". I think thats roughly the same size as the JDMToy lenses.

Ideally i'd prefer LED. Really wish I could mount my OEM Corolla LED units in there... they're kind of big though and i'd have to hack up the fog light covers and i dont think it would look right. I want to err more on the side of plug and play. Less hacking the better.
the fusion fogs are halogen but just used a hidden kit in there. Fusion fogs is actually small. Just remove the bracket that it comes with. It has a hole on each side of the light to fabricate a bracket. Yes you can also get the match box. I looked into those as well. Sorry I don't have picture of the ijdmtoy lights being open as I haven't had the time to open them up yet. I'll look for picturepictures of my 4runner with fusion fogs retrofited.
Old 11-09-16, 11:12 AM
jincuteguy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys know any good shop in SoCal area (san diego, irvine, orange county) that install these Front Lips or any other body kits for Lexus IS?
Old 11-09-16, 11:13 AM
Gerxiong89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fsportme
How does foglight appear when looking straight on? (2nd pic shinning on the house) Seems the dispersion of light is very wide and not really focus, looks like it will blind oncoming vehicles.
It sucks. I don't like it because it's not focus at all. It's really bright if you look at it but they need to work on the light to have a focus/cutoff which is why I'm going to retrofit a set of projectors in there.
Old 11-09-16, 11:25 AM
Gerxiong89
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jincuteguy
You guys know any good shop in SoCal area (san diego, irvine, orange county) that install these Front Lips or any other body kits for Lexus IS?
You can order the lip from ebay. I installed mine myself but would have to say it's a pain trying to line it up with painters tape and screwing it on by yourself. I got mine from a shop in city of Industry but I forgot the name of it.
Old 11-09-16, 11:34 AM
jincuteguy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gerxiong89
You can order the lip from ebay. I installed mine myself but would have to say it's a pain trying to line it up with painters tape and screwing it on by yourself. I got mine from a shop in city of Industry but I forgot the name of it.
Yea I just need a good shop to install them, i dont wanna do them myself.
Old 11-09-16, 11:42 AM
Gerxiong89
Pole Position

[QUOTE=jincuteguy;9675363]Yea I just need a good shop to install them, i dont

I'm not sure of a good shop as I do my own work because I'm a tech but maybe posting on the regular 3is fourm and asking there, someone might be able to point you to a right direction. Good luck on your search.
Old 11-15-16, 01:59 PM
Gerxiong89
Pole Position

A Lil mod over the weekend.
Old 11-15-16, 03:44 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

looks nice. no decals? what paint did you use? brush or spray?

Quick Reply: Gerxiong89 ultrasonic blue mica build