Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

My Pain Killer

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-16, 01:48 AM
Anghellic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Pain Killer

Everyone has a way to cope with pain. Whether it be the rhythms to a song, a tasteful stroke in a drawing, or even some form of physical exercise. That is not the case, when it comes to me. Perhaps it is the wind gushing into the comfortable cockpit, or the resonating bass of a song playing over the speakers, maybe even the gradual snarl of the air intake as I push the pedal to the floor. Whatever it may be, I find myself constantly drawn back to her. My pain killer.
Old 07-27-16, 02:48 AM
Anghellic
Driver School Candidate

Default Welcome to my build thread!

A warm greeting to my fellow 2IS owners across North America.

I purchased my 2IS on December 11th, 2015. It's my second car, and considering that I only had my first car for six months, this was a real upgrade. Prior to this, I had a supercharged 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT1. While that car was fun in its own way, it began to give me some major headaches towards the end of the year which prompted me to look for something new, and better in terms of reliability. and performance. Truthfully, I would have never purchased a Lexus, had it not been for a friend. Seeing his IS300 and how he had built it to his own taste gave me an interest into the brand, which also reminded me that I had always had a liking to the second generation style. At the beginning of my search, I looked at plenty, as I'm sure most of you have done so, and seeing the numerous amounts of automatics on the classifieds bored me. Then I decided to search for the MT counterpart and came across two results at that time. One, a 2007 Black Onyx or Obsidian IS250 with premium package with 193xxx Km and a 2008 Tungsten Pearl with 183xxx Km. The cheaper of the two was the latter and it was pretty much a base package IS. The decision was pretty clear to me as I was on a budget and I wanted something that would fit more of my price range. I finally picked up the beauty I own now after a weekend of restlessness while awaiting for the private dealership to prepare the car for me and plate her up.

This was taken a couple of days after I picked her up from the dealership.
Old 07-27-16, 06:47 AM
Aspect
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 122 Posts

Hey another fellow CL member from Ontario! Coincidentally I purchased my IS250 last December as well, 2 days before Christmas. I too was drawn in by the styling, more so the ISF but the IS was a great and affordable second pick
Old 07-27-16, 08:40 AM
Anghellic
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Aspect
Hey another fellow CL member from Ontario! Coincidentally I purchased my IS250 last December as well, 2 days before Christmas. I too was drawn in by the styling, more so the ISF but the IS was a great and affordable second pick
Sweet! They're one of a kind that just has this subtle mix of width and sharpness, at least that's how I see it. Do you have Instagram, by any chance? Also, if you're around Toronto, you should come to our weekly Club Lexus Toronto meets.
Old 07-27-16, 09:17 AM
Aspect
Racer

Originally Posted by Anghellic
Sweet! They're one of a kind that just has this subtle mix of width and sharpness, at least that's how I see it. Do you have Instagram, by any chance? Also, if you're around Toronto, you should come to our weekly Club Lexus Toronto meets.
I do have instagram but aren't too active as of yet - aspect7. Thanks for the invite but unfortunately I'm down in Ottawa actually.
Old 07-28-16, 05:32 PM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Wow; your first post was quite poetic. Welcome to the family!
Old 08-02-16, 05:24 PM
Anghellic
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bbaugher47
Wow; your first post was quite poetic. Welcome to the family!
Thank you.
Old 08-02-16, 05:30 PM
Anghellic
Driver School Candidate

A serious update to this build thread.

I had planned on posting some information on what I had done over the past few months for modifications, however it has no longer become suitable for me to do so.

She is no longer with me as of yesterday, and it pains me to look at all the photos of her knowing that I will never have her in my care again.
Old 08-02-16, 08:13 PM
Aspect
Racer

That's a terrible loss... but glad you're ok (apart from all the blood on the airbag). What happened and what's the plan now?
Old 08-02-16, 08:54 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Looks like a bad accident. Glad you walked away from it.
Old 08-02-16, 09:11 PM
minato
Pole Position

wow glad you walked away from the accident ,
Car looks really bad
Glad you are ok, any passengers?
Old 08-02-16, 09:21 PM
Anghellic
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Aspect
That's a terrible loss... but glad you're ok (apart from all the blood on the airbag). What happened and what's the plan now?
Swerved to avoid a head on that was oncoming from the wrong side of the road, which was the right side of the road for me. She's totalled and will be written off, and as for the next car, I haven't decided what I want to get just yet. Probably save up for a few months and see what options I have.
Originally Posted by Initial G
Looks like a bad accident. Glad you walked away from it.
It was, it could have been a lot worse.
Originally Posted by minato
wow glad you walked away from the accident ,
Car looks really bad
Glad you are ok, any passengers?
Thanks, and yes, my best friend was the passenger.
Old 08-03-16, 03:08 AM
bbaugher47

Received 224 Likes on 195 Posts

Im glad yall are ok. That branch sure does look scary jammed into the car. Try to find another lex.