Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

First Lexus: 1997 SC300 Black/Black

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-16, 06:45 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Was this always a California car? I am surprised it has the heated seats option. My SC was originally a FL car so it never came with those.
Old 09-06-16, 08:05 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Was this always a California car? I am surprised it has the heated seats option. My SC was originally a FL car so it never came with those.
From what the previous owner told me, the interior was swapped and some were painted black. I don't even think the heated functions work, but I also heard they do not turn on in the hot weather.
Old 09-06-16, 08:33 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ar3
Take it easy on me haha. I guess I'll be getting a set of actual LS400 brakes soon since I see everyone recommending it on the forums.

Also I'll be getting a set of new wheels soon so I'll be updating this thread.

First I need to tackle a couple of (hopefully) small fixes:

- horn doesn't work
- no power to side mirrors
- coolant is low
- clutch engagement is high
- a full detail / polish this weekend

Let me know if you guys have know any fixes to those problems mentioned. It'll be greatly appreciated.
Nothing wrong with your clutch, its supposed to engage near the top of the pedal. A worn clutch or one with issues will engage near the floor.

I'd be kind of stressed out about the coolant level being low. Hopefully it isn't something serious like a headgasket(luckily those aren't too hard on the 2JZ, provided the head isn't warped)

I'd highly recommend you get some neon coolant dye from the auto parts store(its in that corner with all the miracle cures like transmission stop slip, fuel system cleaner, etc). Makes it super easy to find a leak. Used that stuff on my old truck that was losing coolant but not dropping it on the ground, thought I had a bad headgasket. Turns out it was just seeping out of the bottom of the water pump at a slow rate and evaporating/blowing off from the wind before hitting the ground.

But yeah, congrats on the new SC, 1997/5 Speed is a rare combo.
Old 09-06-16, 10:01 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Nothing wrong with your clutch, its supposed to engage near the top of the pedal. A worn clutch or one with issues will engage near the floor.

I'd be kind of stressed out about the coolant level being low. Hopefully it isn't something serious like a headgasket(luckily those aren't too hard on the 2JZ, provided the head isn't warped)

I'd highly recommend you get some neon coolant dye from the auto parts store(its in that corner with all the miracle cures like transmission stop slip, fuel system cleaner, etc). Makes it super easy to find a leak. Used that stuff on my old truck that was losing coolant but not dropping it on the ground, thought I had a bad headgasket. Turns out it was just seeping out of the bottom of the water pump at a slow rate and evaporating/blowing off from the wind before hitting the ground.

But yeah, congrats on the new SC, 1997/5 Speed is a rare combo.
Thank you thank you. Yeah about the clutch I came from a Subaru so that clutch engaged differently and I have already adjusted to the SC. As for the coolant level, I did a coolant flush and added new Toyota Red and so far no leaks but thank you for the advice. I'll be sure to check that out if it does drop levels.
Old 09-13-16, 07:51 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Got some dual Vibrant mufflers installed on the car.
Sound clip:

Old 09-13-16, 10:01 PM
Shayy
Intermediate

Received 132 Likes on 47 Posts

Just saw this, congratulations on the car!
Old 09-13-16, 10:42 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Shayy
Just saw this, congratulations on the car!
Thanks dude!