Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

BostonIS's Silver Lining IS350 AWD Build!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-16, 10:00 AM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ediaz87
I got some yellow calipers. Matching with my legacy california license plate. Im sure it will look alot better without my small calipers lol. I thought the same in first doing it but youll get used to it. Learn to be a little more careful lol
Sweet yellow is nice and I don't see it as common as red and blue calipers. Eh I'm still undecided about lowering my car. Maybe...
Old 06-24-16, 08:23 PM
kup125
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice the roof looks great
Old 07-10-16, 08:39 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kup125
very nice the roof looks great
I just noticed I never replied to your nice compliment. I thought I did. Anyways thanks man!

Next mod I'm debating right now is the roof spoiler. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger for some of those TRD front splitters they got all over eBay same with all those roof spoilers on ebay. What do you guys think? Would like to do the quad exhaust setup but need to save money for the carbon fiber diffuser I want to get.
Old 07-12-16, 08:10 PM
AWilson013
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Your car looks great. The "chrome" delete is an interesting touch that I've not seen in person.

Where are you in WA? I saw a Silver 3IS in the Renton Landing parking garage when my went and I went to brunch Sunday morning. It had the offset license plate like yours, but I didn't look hard enough (or know to look, rather) for the blacked out trim.
Old 07-12-16, 08:33 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AWilson013
Your car looks great. The "chrome" delete is an interesting touch that I've not seen in person.

Where are you in WA? I saw a Silver 3IS in the Renton Landing parking garage when my went and I went to brunch Sunday morning. It had the offset license plate like yours, but I didn't look hard enough (or know to look, rather) for the blacked out trim.
Thanks for the nice compliment!

I live down in the Tacoma area, unfortunately. Lol. So it wasn't my silver IS you saw since I wasn't anywhere near Renton last Sunday. I wish there were more WA 3IS owners on the forum so we can do a car meet. Whenever I go up north to the Seattle area, I usually see a couple 3IS but none that are modded that I could notice or they're a 55+ yr old person driving it. I always try to wave at 3IS drivers too but only the 2IS people ever wave back or look. Haha
Old 07-12-16, 08:40 PM
AWilson013
Rookie

Originally Posted by BostonIS
Thanks for the nice compliment!

I live down in the Tacoma area, unfortunately. Lol. So it wasn't my silver IS you saw since I wasn't anywhere near Renton last Sunday. I wish there were more WA 3IS owners on the forum so we can do a car meet. Whenever I go up north to the Seattle area, I usually see a couple 3IS but none that are modded that I could notice or they're a 55+ yr old person driving it. I always try to wave at 3IS drivers too but only the 2IS people ever wave back or look. Haha
Ah, well, there's at least one rolling around up here with at least a license plate relocate =p.

I don't think I have seen ANY heavily modded 3ISs around.

If you see a Nebula Gray IS300 F Sport going 10 under the speed limit be sure to wave. It's my wife, haha. Going to try to convince her to let me put an FSport intake and Exhaust on it, maybe some 20mm wheels spacers and "half down" springs.

Who knows.
Old 07-12-16, 09:19 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Haha yea I'll definitely wave if I see one up in Renton although I rarely go up there.

Yea I've been debating to get some wheel spacers for a more flush setup but I'm undecided just like how I am debating to drop my car. I just don't want to deal with the hassles of a lowered car especially since the IS is already pretty low and I've scraped on steep drive ways and speed bumps. Does your wife mostly drive the IS? If shes like all the other forum members wives then she'll probably be okay with just an axleback exhaust setup since it'll give it a nice sound without compromising the inside cabin noise. But maybe shes likes some nice deep vroom vroom of a full catback setup. Haha

Are you part of the Northwest Lexus Owners facebook group? They're having a Lexus meet coming up soon up in Seattle I believe and thought about going but I'm not too big on the car meet scene.
Old 07-13-16, 11:29 AM
AWilson013
Rookie

Originally Posted by BostonIS
Haha yea I'll definitely wave if I see one up in Renton although I rarely go up there.

Yea I've been debating to get some wheel spacers for a more flush setup but I'm undecided just like how I am debating to drop my car. I just don't want to deal with the hassles of a lowered car especially since the IS is already pretty low and I've scraped on steep drive ways and speed bumps. Does your wife mostly drive the IS? If shes like all the other forum members wives then she'll probably be okay with just an axleback exhaust setup since it'll give it a nice sound without compromising the inside cabin noise. But maybe shes likes some nice deep vroom vroom of a full catback setup. Haha

Are you part of the Northwest Lexus Owners facebook group? They're having a Lexus meet coming up soon up in Seattle I believe and thought about going but I'm not too big on the car meet scene.
Yeah, the IS is my wife's car. Her last car (A Scion TC) had TRD springs/struts and a TRD axle back exhaust. I think she liked it, but I don't think that car EVER went over 3000rpm, so I don't know if she actually ever heard it, haha... The whole interior was also sound deadened in an attempt to defeat that CRAZY amount of road noise that thing had.

The only reason I am considering a mild lowering spring is because of how freaking cheap they are. They're a FRACTION of the cost of the suspension components on my 4Runner.

I am not on facebook so I've never seen that page. I've found that I too am not too big on the car meet scene. I'm only 27, but that crowd is not of any interest to me. I did drive my 4Runner to a Toyota meet at Griots a couple years back and won a trophy though, haha.
Old 07-13-16, 11:54 AM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AWilson013
Yeah, the IS is my wife's car. Her last car (A Scion TC) had TRD springs/struts and a TRD axle back exhaust. I think she liked it, but I don't think that car EVER went over 3000rpm, so I don't know if she actually ever heard it, haha... The whole interior was also sound deadened in an attempt to defeat that CRAZY amount of road noise that thing had.

The only reason I am considering a mild lowering spring is because of how freaking cheap they are. They're a FRACTION of the cost of the suspension components on my 4Runner.

I am not on facebook so I've never seen that page. I've found that I too am not too big on the car meet scene. I'm only 27, but that crowd is not of any interest to me. I did drive my 4Runner to a Toyota meet at Griots a couple years back and won a trophy though, haha.
Ah from a Scion to a Lexus that almost like my upgrade. I came from a Toyota Corolla which was a major upgrade for me. I've heard some axleback systems on Scion TCs rolling around here and they sound alright. If she's already experienced an axleback system then maybe she is ready for a catback system now. Haha so I'm guessing your wife is a granny driver? Nothing wrong with that. I got pulled over twice last month for speeding so now I've been driving grandma style... One time was 17mph over so it was a hefty one and other was a warning.

I agree lowering springs are pretty cheap but are the hassles worth it? Idk... Damn you went to a car meet and won a trophy too? And he says car meets aren't his scene... Sureeee
Old 08-28-16, 09:57 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Before

After

Just put on the vinyl tint test product from Don today. Looks great and an easy DIY installation. Although I don't think it's comparable to the black pearl emblems.
Old 08-29-16, 04:38 AM
Tyrant32
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So glad to finally see another Silver Linings 3IS on here! Very similar mods list to the one I want to do. Keep the pics coming!
Old 11-20-16, 07:07 PM
GibbsLexus
Intermediate

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

nice roof wrap. that's what I planned next as well.
Old 11-21-16, 10:30 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Thanks man. Definitely a very tasteful mod and get compliments on it all the time when driving around.

Haven't done any mods in a while since the Ark Exhaust. Just trying to save some money and stop splurging on my car lol. I really want to do my quad exhaust setup and carbon fiber diffuser next.
Old 06-29-17, 09:02 PM
baylisstic
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of fender thing you have on?
Old 07-01-17, 03:50 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by baylisstic
What kind of fender thing you have on?
Honestly, I don't know what it is. It came with the car when I bought it. I've seen other IS cars with it too so I don't know if some 3IS MY have it or if someone just installed them. I bought the car used so it could have been installed by the previous owner.