Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

VVT-i Aristo swap 1999 GS300

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-16, 11:49 AM
Ali2GS300
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gt3000
Awesome job, cant wait to see more pictures, keep up the good work. Throttle cable I know you can get the correct cable from driftmotion for $70 plus tax but I did see on some post someone said you could use the camry throttle or the gs400

Did you paint the cover on the engine or buy a new one?
i saw that the supra one works.
but if i can get another one that fits for $10 i would get it and save a couple dollars lol

i just painted it
Old 05-18-16, 02:09 PM
Ali2GS300
Rookie

It's alive

did a lot of things yesterday. still need to put the driveshaft on and it will be on the road.

as ususal i take pictures of everything

Walbro 255 installed + return line. i forgot to take picture of that. but i run it next to the sendeing line.

wires soldered and heat shrinked.

Don't mind the R32 in the back. LOL
aristo next to GS300 fuel pump.

Found this vsv on ebay for $20 because mine was broken

This the intercooler kit that i bought from CXRacing. it's not really a direct fit. some metal cutting is needed. and the windows washer need to be taken out other than that it looks good and fits behind the pumber.

And there is is .. just waiting on the driveshaft to be installed

HELP NEEDED PLEASE
Anyway the sequential system is canceled
the old owner of this engine was having fun with it

can someone tell me how to connect this VSV ? which one goes to the lines which one goes to the second turbo gate actuator?

another thing is the downpip. i think i read somewhere that it might over boost without a downpipe. is that true? Because the down pipe i ordered didn't get here yet. so I'm not sure if i can test it or wait for that downpipe ? the O2 sensore is installed.

I also need to get a steering fluid reservoir. i didn't know that the GE on e won't fit.
Old 05-20-16, 04:22 PM
Ali2GS300
Rookie

I started it yesterday. left runing for 20 minutes. no check engine no weird sounds no overheating. everything seemed good.
the 1995 corolla throttle cable fits pretty good. the 2000 camry power steering reservoir fit's good too.

One problem.
I couldn't drive it tho. I have the atisto driveshaft but it didn't come with the rubber piece between the tranny and the driveshaft.i think it's called a yoke. so the work stops now until someone can help me with it.

does anybody know if i can swap the tri bolt flang of the A650E tranny to the A340E? so i can be able to use the gs300 driveshaft.
or is there any yoke that fits between the A340E and the aristo driveshaft?
Old 05-20-16, 05:57 PM
iToaster
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali2GS300
I started it yesterday. left runing for 20 minutes. no check engine no weird sounds no overheating. everything seemed good.
the 1995 corolla throttle cable fits pretty good. the 2000 camry power steering reservoir fit's good too.

One problem.
I couldn't drive it tho. I have the atisto driveshaft but it didn't come with the rubber piece between the tranny and the driveshaft.i think it's called a yoke. so the work stops now until someone can help me with it.

does anybody know if i can swap the tri bolt flang of the A650E tranny to the A340E? so i can be able to use the gs300 driveshaft.
They call it a 'driveshaft coupling.' The part number for it is 37511-30020, it's used on the SC, LS, and GS 430s, so they're possible to get, but a little pricey new. I might have a spare one laying around somewhere, though.
Old 05-20-16, 08:29 PM
Ali2GS300
Rookie

Originally Posted by iToaster
They call it a 'driveshaft coupling.' The part number for it is 37511-30020, it's used on the SC, LS, and GS 430s, so they're possible to get, but a little pricey new. I might have a spare one laying around somewhere, though.
Man you just made my day.
I looked it up everywhere trying to find what cars have the same "driveshaft coupling" but i couldn't find any. i didn't know what to do.
now i know what to get
thank you sir

I also looked up the part number on toyota and found this chart i'll leave it in here in case someone who's having the same problem like me, is looking at this post.

Part number: 37511-30020

GS400
1998-2000
8 Cyl 4.0L, 8 Cyl 4.3L
1UZFE, 3UZFE; UZS160, UZS161

GS430
2001-2005
8 Cyl 4.0L, 8 Cyl 4.3L
1UZFE, 3UZFE; UZS160, UZS161

LS400
1997-2000
8 Cyl 4.0L
1UZFE; UCF20
LS430
2001-2006
8 Cyl 4.3L
3UZFE; UCF30

SC400
1997-2000
8 Cyl 4.0L
1UZFE; UZZ30

SC430
2002-2006
8 Cyl 4.3L
3UZFE; UZZ40
The following users liked this post:
Kris9884 (09-20-17)
Old 05-24-16, 08:30 AM
Ali2GS300
Rookie

i got the driveshaft installed took the car for a little ride
was too loud had no exhaust on it. not even a down pipe

but i had a peoblem
first when i drive it it doesn't shift to second gear it stays in 1st
until the rpm goes to about 3k than the check engine light turns on and "ECT power" starts flashing but the transmission starts shifting normal. but it doesn't shift to 4th, it only shifts 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

any idea?
i only swapped the orang and gray caps and add the missing wire in the igniter and tapped it into the yellow and black wire without cutting the yollow and black wire.
Old 05-24-16, 04:40 PM
Ali2GS300
Rookie

oh and the shifter is not really in it's place.

like when i put the shifter in park it shows P in the dashbaord
shifter between R and P = R in dashbaord
shifter in R = N in dashboard
Shifter in N = D ......etc

could this be making the problem? i don't think it is ,right?

i also added Type-4 ATF cuz that what the dipstick was saying on it.

And this is a video to show how it doesn't shift until the check engine light comes on and the ECT statrts flashing

what could cause the problem so i can check everyting.any sensores that controls the shifting?
i'm not really an expert but it feels like the ECU feels that the transmission doesn't shift so it starts shifting electronically and that's why the ECT starts flashing.
Old 08-30-16, 02:33 PM
timherb20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a nice build, its coming along quickly!! What part of Texas do you live in?
Old 10-20-16, 10:23 AM
ericherm1
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Coming along nicely! I'm looking at doing this swap as well next spring.

From what I've read it sounds like you need the transmission control module. Experts out there chime in please!

Also, has anyone swapped the JDM shift cluster over into the USDM cluster? Don't you have to swap the speed sensor from the 5-speed tranny to the Aristo tranny?

Some real questions I have after reading through your thread, which applies to you, my future build and others.
Old 11-06-16, 09:56 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Wow, all these great builds, great work man. Keep it going. Thanks for sharing. Nice group of rides in that garage
Old 04-03-17, 10:02 AM
surranman
Driver School Candidate

One problem.

I'm about 99% done with my aristo gs300 swap, I was wondering if you ran into any issues with the 1995 corolla throttle cable.
I snagged a 2000 Camry throttle cable but it seems it connects just shy of the throttle assembly and would mostlikely never idle.
Old 04-03-17, 11:26 AM
Ali2GS300
Rookie

Originally Posted by surranman
I'm about 99% done with my aristo gs300 swap, I was wondering if you ran into any issues with the 1995 corolla throttle cable.
I snagged a 2000 Camry throttle cable but it seems it connects just shy of the throttle assembly and would mostlikely never idle.
the corolla one fits good for me. it should fit good.
Old 04-03-17, 11:54 AM
Ali2GS300
Rookie

Originally Posted by ericherm1
Coming along nicely! I'm looking at doing this swap as well next spring.

From what I've read it sounds like you need the transmission control module. Experts out there chime in please!

Also, has anyone swapped the JDM shift cluster over into the USDM cluster? Don't you have to swap the speed sensor from the 5-speed tranny to the Aristo tranny?

Some real questions I have after reading through your thread, which applies to you, my future build and others.
i tried to swap the speed sensors but it didn't work. i ended up messaging the company where i bought the transmission from and they sent me another one.
And that solved the problem. it shifts good now. i don't know what was wrong in the first transmission.
Old 04-03-17, 12:38 PM
surranman
Driver School Candidate

the corolla one fits good for me. it should fit good.
noice! There's quite a few at the junk yard, can't freaking wait to start it up
Old 04-04-17, 12:14 AM
Ali2GS300
Rookie

long time since i updated this thread. did a lot of things to the lexus. last thing i posted was about the missed up transmission, which i got it replaced now it shifts normal.

Any ways, after that is going single turbo. here is a picture when i was trying to get the twins out ( PAIN IN THE ***)

then i thought since i am at it let me replace some stuff here and there.

replaced the timing belt, tensioner pulley, and the tensioner. i made marks on the old belt before taking it off. then copied the marks to the gates belt and installed it. i also bought this crank shaft pulley tool

crank shaft pulley removing tool
this is how it works

then the turbo arrived borg warner 60mm 88 a/r (too much lag)

yes it is a Chinese manifold but i'm not looking for high HP and it's still good. ceramic coated it black later on.

s360
s360

then i decided to also powder coat the valve covers, the visible pipes, the intercooler bracket thingy and the turbo compressor housing

hydrodipped the spark plug cover.

i used the stock oil feed thing and welded the thing to it.

turbo oil feed

finally its time to put everything together. i also bought new headers nuts.

this is my costume exhaust 3" down pipe to dual 2.5"s. ultra quite resonator and turbo mufflers from MF. deep and quite i love it. no cat for now but going to add a high flow MF cat

Quick Reply: VVT-i Aristo swap 1999 GS300