Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

LS460 build, mostly audio system and a bit of the norm

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-16, 10:44 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Really excited to follow this build here and on IG. This set up has to be one of the most (if not the most) well planned audio systems in the LS460 to date. Kudos to OP.
Old 06-07-16, 02:26 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by impact
Also got the new wheels in yesterday. The HREs didn't quite work out but aznracer was a stand up guy about it. big thanks to you for that man! In come work zistance 21x9.5 and 21x10.5. Just the normal LS fitment for now until I decide what I want to do with the body.

Digging this wheel set up. What made you choose 21"s over 20"s and 22"s? I'm looking at going up to 20"s to maintain the comfort of my ride since I have 19"s currently and like the idea of 21"s since 22"s seem a bit too big but I heard the selection for tires in that size is hard to come by. Hope you're happy with the result, the car looks sick!
Old 06-08-16, 12:40 PM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Those wheels definitely compliment and look great on your ride! Also the in progress audio setup is a treat to watch.
Old 06-08-16, 10:49 PM
impact
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
Digging this wheel set up. What made you choose 21"s over 20"s and 22"s? I'm looking at going up to 20"s to maintain the comfort of my ride since I have 19"s currently and like the idea of 21"s since 22"s seem a bit too big but I heard the selection for tires in that size is hard to come by. Hope you're happy with the result, the car looks sick!
I originally bought a set of 22's but the wheels had a few issues so I had to send them back. I would've gone that route if they worked out but now I'm kinda glad I went with 21's. I like my car LOW and not bagged so that creates a problem when driving lol. I want my car to sit a few more inches lower than it is now and still be static. With the 21's I'm pushing the clearance up front. I can't go much lower without fully rubbing. 20's would let me get a good amount lower but they do look a little small on the LS and you'd still have to run a low profile tire. Problem with that is the lower profile 20 inch tires have a low load rating and technically wouldn't be to safe on a heavy LS
Old 06-08-16, 10:50 PM
impact
Driver

Originally Posted by brianlin87
Really excited to follow this build here and on IG. This set up has to be one of the most (if not the most) well planned audio systems in the LS460 to date. Kudos to OP.
Thanks for taking notice of the system. It takes someone that is really into audio to understand this system and even recognize these products.
Old 06-08-16, 10:53 PM
impact
Driver

Originally Posted by melymel96
Looks really nice man. Great Job.
Originally Posted by DriftGirl
Omg..........very nice!
Looks better ad better!
Thank you much guys. This has been a long process of work and even longer one to plan out and get working. I'm starting to work on the headunit portion of it now, I may be wrong but I do believe that I may be the first to replace the stock stereo with an aftermarket unit if I pull this off.
Old 06-09-16, 05:06 AM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The head unit will have a disc changer also ?
Old 06-09-16, 11:09 AM
impact
Driver

Originally Posted by 1Putt
The head unit will have a disc changer also ?
No I'm ditching the changer. I'm doing the new sony hi res audio player http://www.sony.com/electronics/in-c...layers/rsx-gs9

Also doing an andriod pc that i'll control from the factory nav screen
Old 06-09-16, 12:29 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

I originally bought a set of 22's but the wheels had a few issues so I had to send them back. I would've gone that route if they worked out but now I'm kinda glad I went with 21's. I like my car LOW and not bagged so that creates a problem when driving lol. I want my car to sit a few more inches lower than it is now and still be static. With the 21's I'm pushing the clearance up front. I can't go much lower without fully rubbing. 20's would let me get a good amount lower but they do look a little small on the LS and you'd still have to run a low profile tire. Problem with that is the lower profile 20 inch tires have a low load rating and technically wouldn't be to safe on a heavy LS
Great plan! The car looks low enough to me and I can only guess the potholes in Hilo can be a snithc. What offsets and tires are you running, that set up has got me thinking 21's are the perfect compromise. Both of my friends with 21's on their Teslas say they don't ride too harsh.
Old 06-09-16, 07:15 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No I'm ditching the changer. I'm doing the new sony hi res audio player http://www.sony.com/electronics/in-c...layers/rsx-gs9

Also doing an andriod pc that i'll control from the factory nav screen
Nice... I see. Amazing setup.
Someday I might have to consider shipping my car to Hilo and have you work some magic
Old 06-09-16, 10:58 PM
impact
Driver

Great plan! The car looks low enough to me and I can only guess the potholes in Hilo can be a snithc. What offsets and tires are you running, that set up has got me thinking 21's are the perfect compromise. Both of my friends with 21's on their Teslas say they don't ride too harsh.
fronts are 9.5 +29 and rear is 10.5 +31. I got a really good deal on 255/35/21 so I ended up just running those front and rear. The ride is actually very nice. I was honestly kinda shocked at how good it rides even with my shocks set full stiff. I'd say 21's is the way to go, especially if you daily the car like I do
Old 06-09-16, 10:58 PM
impact
Driver

Originally Posted by 1Putt
Nice... I see. Amazing setup.
Someday I might have to consider shipping my car to Hilo and have you work some magic
You just let me know and we'll hook it up for sure!
Old 06-10-16, 01:26 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

fronts are 9.5 +29 and rear is 10.5 +31. I got a really good deal on 255/35/21 so I ended up just running those front and rear. The ride is actually very nice. I was honestly kinda shocked at how good it rides even with my shocks set full stiff. I'd say 21's is the way to go, especially if you daily the car like I do
Thanks for the info. bro! Glad to hear you got a good deal on the tires. I'm definitely gonna consider 21s now after hearing of your experience.
Old 07-30-16, 12:36 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Any updated pics of the audio system and the wheel set up in the day?
Old 07-31-16, 06:28 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice to see Morel and Mosconi gear.

Quick Reply: LS460 build, mostly audio system and a bit of the norm