Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

The Bastard- Supra MkIV Lexus edition

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-16, 12:06 PM
Lettut
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Yep. I sure like the sound of that obx exhaust.
I took her out on the road for a short trip today. She pulls very good from ca 3000 rpm. I didn´t push her hard. Still in a bit of a test mode. All in all I´m very happy with the result so far.
There´s a big difference with the correct gearing with the USDM tt diff compared to the auto tt diff as well.

Old 12-10-16, 06:44 PM
stheodore
Rookie

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

This is such a unique swap...I've never seen someone go quite so far, and it's good fun! Fantastic job with your conversion!
Old 12-16-16, 03:53 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Anders had really done well on this project.My hats off for him. What he did is not for the faint of heart !

It will even be better when he gets all the 97 body kit I am sending him. Looks like he has another project on the horizon with that body kit !
Old 12-16-16, 11:46 PM
Lettut
Pole Position

stheodoreThis is such a unique swap...I've never seen someone go quite so far, and it's good fun! Fantastic job with your conversion!

Thank you Stheodore! I really appreciate your positive feedback! . I wasn´t sure that this conversion would work at first, so I´m very glad that it all turned out quite well. I´ve learned a lot during this build, and maybe the tread can be of help if someone wants to try something similar?

The Bastard is in storage for the winter now, so there´s no big updates to report. I´ve bought a euro scoop that I´ll install when spring arrives

Old 12-17-16, 12:25 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

gerrbAnders had really done well on this project.My hats off for him. What he did is not for the faint of heart !

It will even be better when he gets all the 97 body kit I am sending him. Looks like he has another project on the horizon with that body kit !

Thank you so much Gerry! I guess it will take 4-6 weeks for the parts to cross the pond and pass customs. Looking forward to a late Christmas gift .

. I do have a couple of new babies to look after:

The face lift body kit is for a black -95 SC400 I found in Germany earlier this year. The body and interior is in pretty good condition, but the 1UZ is finished , so I´m planning for a 2jzgte swap. I´ll start a new little build thread for her sometime next year

I´ve also purchased a black manual -95 jdm supra tt that I have in the garage right now. It needs some TLC. Both the V160 and the 2jzgte is leaking oil, but it runs good and have good compression numbers on all cylinders (150-160). It came with BPU (FMIC,boost controller/BCC, 3`´exhaust/downpipe) + stage 2 hybrid twins, I´m about do a LHD conversion on this one as well,but this time I´ll use supra parts from a crashed USDM car.

I know it´s off topic in this thread, but here´s a couple of pics of my new babies:.

Old 12-17-16, 11:05 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I just read this entire thread and I thought my thread was intense. No comparison here. What a great job on the build. The only thing I think that would bother me, is the fuel gauge not working. I bet its the ground wire on the back of the cluster.
Old 12-19-16, 12:37 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

I just read this entire thread and I thought my thread was intense. No comparison here. What a great job on the build. The only thing I think that would bother me, is the fuel gauge not working. I bet its the ground wire on the back of the cluster.

Thank you 1jzpwrd! Nice to see you back on the forum!
Your build thread helped me a lot when I did my first 1jz-swap. Thank you for sharing!
The fuel gauge actually works, but it´s not accurate. It shows ca 3/4 when I fill it up completely. Good enough for me . The tank was almost empty when I did the video and took the pictures.

Old 02-16-18, 09:15 PM
Xermartin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc 300 to supra

Thread is 2+ years old. Inspiring. A 92 SC300 is my retirement toy. You put so much work in sharing this awesome project. So many details. Really impressive. Learned a lot about the SC from you. Thanks
Old 02-17-18, 10:59 PM
Lettut
Pole Position

Thread is 2+ years old. Inspiring. A 92 SC300 is my retirement toy. You put so much work in sharing this awesome project. So many details. Really impressive. Learned a lot about the SC from you. Thanks
Thank you Sir!

Old 02-19-18, 06:19 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Beautiful set up! Well worth the read.
The following users liked this post:
Lettut (03-01-18)
Old 08-20-18, 05:09 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Decided to skip the aftermarket side skirts and spats for the pre -96 OEM parts instead.

Before

after:

The following users liked this post:
jlo0109 (08-20-18)
Old 08-20-18, 05:35 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Nice ... I always preferred the stock bodied MKIV . Their values are even higher when people see them with all stock body . And if I have to install a body kit , the only aftermarket body kit I will put on any of my MKIVs will be a TRD Wide body kit .
Old 08-20-18, 05:57 AM
jlo0109
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I only wished that I have the skills like you do to build dream machines like this... hats off to you, sir. I have a 95 that has been sitting in my garage for some time and just doesn't have the skills or means to restore it... This thread sure is an inspiration.
Old 08-21-18, 09:34 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Nice ... I always preferred the stock bodied MKIV . Their values are even higher when people see them with all stock body . And if I have to install a body kit , the only aftermarket body kit I will put on any of my MKIVs will be a TRD Wide body kit

Thanks Gerry! Yeah I agree.. I like the early look better as well. OEM parts seems to get more and more popular. I guess It´s a sign that this has become a classic model, when people want to go back to the original look?
The interior of this car will never be OEM though

I only wished that I have the skills like you do to build dream machines like this... hats off to you, sir. I have a 95 that has been sitting in my garage for some time and just doesn't have the skills or means to restore it... This thread sure is an inspiration.
Thank you Sir! I´m glad if this thread can be an inspiration to others! I´ve learned a lot through my builds, but there´s still a lot left to learn for me. That´s the charm of it .
You have to wait for the right phase in life, when you have enough time and funds
Hang on to that -95 of yours!
Old 10-26-18, 03:44 AM
Lettut
Pole Position

Hi guys. Pics on some exterior improvements I´ve done now in October:

1) Complete respray : Toyota 3L2 "Super Red Clearcoat"
2) Euro scoop
3) New Euro glass Headlights

Some superficial rust removed on the front fenders

The spats I removed were glued to the fender. Had to sand it away.

Quick Reply: The Bastard- Supra MkIV Lexus edition