Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

Weswork's RCF

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-16, 07:54 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Weswork's RCF

Thought I would start a build thread to show progress and changes to my RCF. Not going crazy with it but hopefully the subtle changes will differentiate it. Picked her up in November, trading in my ’08 ISF. Some may have seen my ISF previously. It was also an exercise in restraint but, I went to great lengths to try to integrate items into the car that I thought enhanced it but, would look factory (e.g., rear diffuser). Like my ISF, my RCF is my DD. Here are a couple of pics of my old ISF and link to old thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-f-update.html

For my “Crazy” fix, I have this:

1998 Quicksilver 6sp Toyota Supra w/HKS big twins. I’m the original owner of this car. It’s currently back in a state of upgrade/update. Swapped to new engine mgmt. system (ProEFI) and redid the fuel system to run E85. This necessitated a dash redo (gauges, etc.) but, that’s a story for another thread…

My RCF is a ’15 Liquid Platinum w/all options, including Perf Pkg w/carbon roof and spoiler (of course). Also had the factory accessory lighted door sills installed. Here is how she sat when I got her.

This was my first mod. Haha.

Old 02-21-16, 07:58 PM
weswork
Intermediate

A few early items that I’ve already received and installed:

Figs front LCA bushing
Figs rear camber arms
Swift lowering springs
Ebay spacers – 20mm/front, 15mm/rear
Apexi intake suction kit (drop-in filter and silicone tube)
Full front end and side rocker ppf (SunTek)
30% tint
Cquartz Finest ceramic coating
Blendmount and Wiretap for V1

The springs and spacers really helped the looks of this car. Kinda crappy cell phone pics

Baseline dyno’d the car to track the mod changes. Was very surprised by the gains from the Apexi intake but, don’t expect them to stick/hold. Did 3 runs (followed my checklist ) with a best of 377 rwhp and 349 Tq, with all runs within 3 rwhp of each other. Swapped out the intake pieces while the car was still strapped to the dyno (took about 5-7 minutes) and ran the car 2 more times back-to-back and it put down 390 rwhp and 350 Tq (yes, tq basically didn’t change). Again, once the ECU relearns and adjusts, it will probably wipe out some of those gains.
Old 02-21-16, 07:59 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Got a few things that I’ve received and hope to get on the car in the next week or two.

Meisterschaft SS GTC exhaust
LEMS CF mirror housings
LEMS CF lower front grill surround

The LEMS CF pieces match the factory CF exactly. VERY happy about this. I decided not to go with a lip kit for this car based on my experience with my ISF. With it being my daily and lowered, it limits you, and inevitably those beautiful front lips go bye-bye.

Last edited by weswork; 02-22-16 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-21-16, 08:00 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Have a number of things in the works but, with Japanese / Custom lead times it will likely be a couple of months before I see any of these items.

BC Forged monoblock wheels (Mike F, are you seeing this?? )
TRD engine cover / tower brace
CF center console panel
CF rear seat center divider
CF hood vent trim
RacingBrake 2-piece rotors & pads

Will post pics and updates as these things come through and get installed.
Old 02-21-16, 08:06 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Side by side pics of the before and after for the springs and spaces. The car looks like a 4x4 comparing the before to the after. LOL

BEFORE:

AFTER:
Old 02-22-16, 06:34 AM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great start with some really nice quality pieces!

I daily drive my RCF as well. and need to keep it as practical as possible especially with the way the roads and weather are around here.
Old 02-22-16, 11:35 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Love LP Silver!
Old 02-23-16, 10:37 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Sooo glad you kept that Supra.. Classic car, probably a lot more fun than the RCF too!

The RCF has some expensive parts.. Kudos to you sir! Keep it up!

-Josh
Old 02-23-16, 10:50 AM
F1nALMSfan
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 16 Posts

Awesome looking build! Looking forward to seeing it progress further.
Old 02-23-16, 12:36 PM
Phinatic
Pit Crew

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Looking great!! You're not wasting any time..lol.

How does the lower front grill surround attach? Can I ask where you purchased your CF parts?

Took a look at some of the BC Forged series wheels, and I like what I see. Thanks for mentioning BC because I've been shopping some wheels and it seems like all the wheels I'm interested in are >$1.8K each and these look like a great alternative.
Old 02-23-16, 07:21 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Phinatic
Looking great!! You're not wasting any time..lol.

How does the lower front grill surround attach? Can I ask where you purchased your CF parts?

Took a look at some of the BC Forged series wheels, and I like what I see. Thanks for mentioning BC because I've been shopping some wheels and it seems like all the wheels I'm interested in are >$1.8K each and these look like a great alternative.
Thanks for the compliments. The grill surround piece attaches with two-sided tape that already comes mounted to the underside. However, when my body shop installs it they may choose to use something more permanent. I'm leaving it up to them to use their judgment. The work they did on my ISF's diffuser was flawless.

I got the LEMS pieces through Carson Toyota. They are a vendor here. You'll need to deal directly with Luis Salazar. Been working with him for a while. On my GS, then my ISF, now my RCF. Has access to a lot of the JDM stuff.

Yes, I hear you on the wheels. Very excited about getting this deal done. Working with Mike Figaro (Figs) on the wheels. He is working on a proper standard (offsets) fitment for the RCF with BC like he did for the ISF. Trying to get measurements,tire sizing and availability worked out. Lots involved but, think it will be worth it in the end. And the monoblocks will be much less than the competition. The RCF is a little tricky since the front brakes are so large and I want to stay with a 19.
Old 02-23-16, 10:09 PM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Looking good. Nice choice in quality parts.
Old 02-24-16, 12:09 PM
DShiekhi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This Lex' is Pure Sex: We Can't Wait to See More of this Lexus RC F Build

This Lex' is Pure Sex: We Can't Wait to See More of this Lexus RC F Build

Forum member weswork has only had his Liquid Platinum 2015 Lexus RC F for a few months, but it's already off to a great start.

Read the rest on the ClubLexus.com homepage. >>
Old 03-02-16, 07:15 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Saw Wes's RC in person last weekend, super clean! Exhaust with and without cutout sounds great and very trick switching
Old 03-02-16, 08:41 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

looking great so far.

I didnt know LEMS offered the carbon grill surround. good to know.

Quick Reply: Weswork's RCF