Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Eric's GS300 Storm-trooper Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-16, 01:53 PM
timherb20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you roll your fronts and or shave your rears? Kinda look like some work was done.
Old 07-08-16, 02:52 PM
ericherm1
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by timherb20
Did you roll your fronts and or shave your rears? Kinda look like some work was done.
Yeah, I rolled the fronts and rears. I should have shaved the rears. Maybe shaved and slight roll.....
Old 07-08-16, 03:37 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

why did you put the puddle lights on a switch and not tie them into your dome lights , so when you unlock the car they come on? that is the whole point of puddle lights?
Old 07-08-16, 06:10 PM
ericherm1
Driver

Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
why did you put the puddle lights on a switch and not tie them into your dome lights , so when you unlock the car they come on? that is the whole point of puddle lights?
They are for what ever you want them for. Traditionally one would install them under the mirrors or bottom of the door when open.

Me, I love the white light with a white car as well as the under glow look. So I hooked them up to a switch.

If everyone followed directions to the tee there would be no innovation!
Old 07-11-16, 07:26 AM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

i think you missed the point, the purpose of the lights if to see what you are stepping into prior to the step, hence why you have them tied into your dome lights, so when you hit the door unlock button on your key less entry the ground is illuminated and you can see the puddle before you put your foot into said puddle. (i have had puddles lights for for about 7 years now, i know what they are for)
Old 07-11-16, 11:05 AM
cptndan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think you missed the point, the purpose of the lights if to see what you are stepping into prior to the step, hence why you have them tied into your dome lights, so when you hit the door unlock button on your key less entry the ground is illuminated and you can see the puddle before you put your foot into said puddle. (i have had puddles lights for for about 7 years now, i know what they are for)

They can be used for differs things. You see this a lot on VIP style cars. Also, he bought them and installed them himself. Pay his bills and then you can tell him what to do. Hahaha. Car looks awesome man. Keep it up 👍🏻
Old 07-11-16, 12:05 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cptndan
They can be used for differs things. You see this a lot on VIP style cars. Also, he bought them and installed them himself. Pay his bills and then you can tell him what to do. Hahaha. Car looks awesome man. Keep it up ����
please read thoroughly before responding, I ASKED him why he did it not telling him. and i have had these on my car for 7 years, but thanks for joining the party though
Old 07-11-16, 01:01 PM
ericherm1
Driver

please read thoroughly before responding, I ASKED him why he did it not telling him. and i have had these on my car for 7 years, but thanks for joining the party though
I thought I was clear I understood your question and answered adequately but I probably didn't as I tend to run on sometimes. My bad.

I've had these options on most of my vehicles, they came standard and operate just as you described.

But, I've also been running Neon under-glow kits since the early 90's and love the way they look and the puddle lights and the effect they give off resemble the look and give it a more executive feeling with the spot light effect. So, I'm using them as an under-glow kit. We all ready have adequate downward lighting on the door when they are opened and If I need more I can add them under the mirrors.

How I've chosen to run them is how I want them.

The law only states I cannot drive with them on hence the reason they are on a switch. I could get super sneaky and hook them up to the park switch so when I move out of Park they turn off. I chose not too.

Can I get a bump from all the other middle aged men modding their rides..
Old 07-11-16, 02:11 PM
RichS11
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice. Might get puddle lights in the future and power folding mirrors. Currently got two expensive mods taking place, so they'll have to wait.
Old 07-11-16, 03:03 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ericherm1
I thought I was clear I understood your question and answered adequately but I probably didn't as I tend to run on sometimes. My bad.

I've had these options on most of my vehicles, they came standard and operate just as you described.

But, I've also been running Neon under-glow kits since the early 90's and love the way they look and the puddle lights and the effect they give off resemble the look and give it a more executive feeling with the spot light effect. So, I'm using them as an under-glow kit. We all ready have adequate downward lighting on the door when they are opened and If I need more I can add them under the mirrors.

How I've chosen to run them is how I want them.

The law only states I cannot drive with them on hence the reason they are on a switch. I could get super sneaky and hook them up to the park switch so when I move out of Park they turn off. I chose not too.

Can I get a bump from all the other middle aged men modding their rides..
I am a gulp...middle aged man and do remember the neon under glow kits of the mid 90's. but alot of the people i knew would drive with them on hence the toggle switch. I like hitting my key fob button and having them on before i reach the car and knowing that i am never going to drive with them on dont need a toggle switch. this is the 1st time i have seen them on a switch actually.

Last edited by SoCal Cyco; 07-12-16 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-12-16, 02:36 AM
ericherm1
Driver

I am a gulp...middle aged man and do remember the neon under glow kits of the mid 90's. but alot of the people i knew would drive with them on hence the toggle switch. I like hitting my button and having thme on before i reach the care and knowing that i am never going to drive with them on dont need a switch. this is the 1st time i have seen them on a switch actually.
Doesn't it feel great modding your car! My wife thinks I'm nuts but hey the mods keep me young at heart. Which, is good for me and her.
Old 07-13-16, 12:28 PM
LeXUsFeEVa
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drop the car lower! haha Glad to see you finally got the skirts and puddle installed. This build looks so familiar haha
Old 07-13-16, 12:35 PM
ericherm1
Driver

Originally Posted by LeXUsFeEVa
Drop the car lower! haha Glad to see you finally got the skirts and puddle installed. This build looks so familiar haha
Right! I wish I could go lower but it's also my commuter car, 60 miles a day. At least they are all highway. I still love the car and the skirts, spoilers and exhaust I picked up from you look sic! Thanks again
Old 11-05-16, 02:26 PM
ericherm1
Driver

Default Megan Racing Rear Sway Bar

Hey all, so the itch is twitching between two rides my GS and a 05' Volvo XC90 I picked up for my kids over the summer. Modding the hell out of it too but the GS I felt was getting jealous so I gave her a little love with a new rear sway bar by Megan Racing. I have it set up on the stiff setting and I'll tell you it is almost as stiff as my C7 Corvette. The car handles like a dream now on the off ramps! No more worrying about tires rubbing going though dips or bumps on the freeway. I picked it up off eBay for just over $100, it's 19mm hollow with standard and stiff settings. Here are a few pictures of the bar and installed. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Eric's GS300 Storm-trooper Build-img_1617.jpg   Eric's GS300 Storm-trooper Build-img_1618.jpg   Eric's GS300 Storm-trooper Build-img_1619.jpg   Eric's GS300 Storm-trooper Build-img_1621.jpg   Eric's GS300 Storm-trooper Build-img_1622.jpg  

Old 11-06-16, 09:53 PM
ELLeon
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice, I have been wondering on those. Great work man.

Quick Reply: Eric's GS300 Storm-trooper Build