Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

CD009 350Z 6spd On 1JZ SC400

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-16, 02:29 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Yeah I got it mixed up, want to message me his info I may be interested later this year.
Old 04-13-16, 04:21 AM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I guess great minds do think alike

I like that shorter FFIM, especially if you can leave the PS reservoir in the stock spot. now to just find the time to make another intake
haha, yes sir
Old 04-14-16, 03:45 PM
SCSkidder
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once i have the shifter from brett fenning I will start this swap... I am getting anxious.
Old 04-14-16, 07:30 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

^Nice!!

For those that are using the 240sx short shifter and housing, here are some dimensions:

Scribe a line at 13/64" from the edge. The other line at about 4-5/16" from the edge where the shifter is, and that will give you your cross hairs center point. Also, I cut the shifter housing back at about 4-11/16" from that edge. I could've left about another 1/8" on, so 4-13/16" should be good

Old 04-16-16, 05:10 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Got this motor pulled out!

Took a sledge to the firewall/tunnel. Beat the hell out of that thing. I should be able to fit two of these suckers in there now lol

Cleaning/degreasing everything in there, and going to be painting it. While cleaning it up, I'm going to re-route this ABS relay box to under the headlight. Also going to remove charcoal canister and put my catch can back there

Old 04-16-16, 05:34 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by LoveSCs

This picture scares the sh?t out of me in trying a CD009 in one of my cars
Old 04-16-16, 05:49 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gerrb
This picture scares the sh?t out of me in trying a CD009 in one of my cars
ahaha. yeah, to be honest Gerry, I wouldn't have absolutely had to do this. The trans would JUST fit and you would have to pull the motor every time you wanted to get into the trans. I just did this because I would hope to not have to pull the motor if I ever want to get into the trans. I should have all the clearance that I need now to be able to drop the trans with motor in

I will also be cleaning it up and painting it, so it wont look bad at all. Even if it is noticeable, the motor will be hiding it anyway so not too worried
Old 04-16-16, 05:57 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Two things ...

a) the heater core / blower assembly is right behind that firewall up to the top of that tunnel .. hope you didn't damage it with that banging .

b) make sure you repaint that area.... rust will eventually start in that area.

damn it, buddy ... I was hoping your thread will convince me. Now you are scaring me. I need to see a clean install of a CD009 with triple disk or at least reliable twin disk without too much rigging for me to be convinced to try one .
Old 04-16-16, 08:25 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Two things ...

a) the heater core / blower assembly is right behind that firewall up to the top of that tunnel .. hope you didn't damage it with that banging .

b) make sure you repaint that area.... rust will eventually start in that area.

damn it, buddy ... I was hoping your thread will convince me. Now you are scaring me. I need to see a clean install of a CD009 with triple disk or at least reliable twin disk without too much rigging for me to be convinced to try one .
crap, I hope I didn't damage that heater core too. I was wondering how close that heater core was. I guess we will see once I fire it up. And for sure, it's going to get painted. I just degreased and power washed the crap out of the bay. Tomorrow, going to wire brush it, wipe down, then wipe down with acetone, and give the whole bay a few coats

I wouldn't let that pic deter you. I 100% only did it to avoid pulling the motor every time. You will have just enough room to squeeze it in there without banging the firewall, but you have to pull the motor. Which sounds like you always do anyway when you service your transmissions. You will also have to spread out the tunnel a bit.
Old 04-16-16, 08:29 PM
SCSkidder
Rookie

So i reconfirmed... My buddy has done a clutch in his CD009 1j sc300 a few times now, and he said he doesnt pull the motor and did no "persuading" of the firewall.... wtf?
Old 04-16-16, 08:51 PM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

I would love to know how he is doing it. And does he have the early revision of the kit that needed to have 5/8" taken off the bellhousing? If so, then that 5/8" less can make all the difference.

Is he using a lift? Is he tilting the motor back? Try and get some details from him on how exactly he is doing it. I can tell you one thing for sure, there is no way in hell that it is going straight up and in. I felt like I would've almost had it one time when I had the motor tilted back, if I only had about another 1/2"-3/4" of clearance. It's just so hard to tilt the trans at the same exact angle as the motor so that everything goes in straight and true. Especially at the angle that you have to work at, because that motor has to be on full tilt
Old 04-16-16, 09:53 PM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

So it looks like everyone in this thread so far is using the block adapter plate. Has anyone had experience with the A340 bellhousing adapter? Since I'm starting with a five speed W58 setup already, it seems more logical to be able to reuse a lot of what I have already. And auto bellhousings are a dime a dozen in the yards, so that's another economical piece of the puzzle.
Old 04-17-16, 04:19 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LoveSCs
crap, I hope I didn't damage that heater core too. I was wondering how close that heater core was. I guess we will see once I fire it up. And for sure, it's going to get painted. I just degreased and power washed the crap out of the bay. Tomorrow, going to wire brush it, wipe down, then wipe down with acetone, and give the whole bay a few coats
It is bolted right on that firewall . I know I have an extra blower / heater assembly laying around. Let me take a picture and see if there is any possibility of breaking anything with what you have hammered like a mad man so far.
Old 04-17-16, 05:06 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Asha'man
So it looks like everyone in this thread so far is using the block adapter plate. Has anyone had experience with the A340 bellhousing adapter? Since I'm starting with a five speed W58 setup already, it seems more logical to be able to reuse a lot of what I have already. And auto bellhousings are a dime a dozen in the yards, so that's another economical piece of the puzzle.
I have been running the block adapper plate for a few years now. Switching to a340 setup this year.
Old 04-17-16, 05:19 AM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Asha'man
Halon just purchased an A340 bellhousing adapter kit from Collins. I'm sure he will update us with how everything went in. If I could do it over again, and knowing what I know now, I would consider that option a bit more. I just didn't like how it looked. Everything about it looked so rigged and pieced together, the cd009 to adapter to A340, then the clutch kit which would be a mix and match of Toyota and NIssan parts. I would rather just stick with the regular kit. Pull the motor once, which I kind of needed to do anyway to clean things up, bang in the firewall and now I should be good for future maintenance

It is bolted right on that firewall . I know I have an extra blower / heater assembly laying around. Let me take a picture and see if there is any possibility of breaking anything with what you have hammered like a mad man so far.

Thanks Gerry, that would be awesome if you could do that for me. I searched the net for some pics, and I seen a FS thread that had decent pics, but would be nice if you could do that and point out any potential problem areas

Quick Reply: CD009 350Z 6spd On 1JZ SC400