Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

NorCalIS's ISF Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-15, 04:05 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NorCalIS's ISF Build

Been a long time member of CL, started with an 08 IS250, after four years I came to a cross roads with the build, keep spending money on the VIP route and wide body the car, or buy the car I knew I always wanted, the F!!!
My previous car (static btw, everyone used to think it was bagged!)

So after searching for a couple months for a low mileage, un-modified F, one finally popped up at Lexus of Pleasanton which happened to be fairly close to me!! I went to look at the car, and walked away that day with the keys in my hand!
2008 Mercury Metallic IS-F

47k on the clock!!

First Night with it

First Mods were the RR-Racing Intake Tube with AEM insert, combined with the Air Oil Seperator

Then came the ISS Scoops, and I was able to find a used Joe-Z Catback from OneSiCkF, big thanks to him for working with me to pick up the exhaust!

Since I own a commercial graphics/wrap business, and to be honest, I'm not a big silver guy. I wrapped the whole car using the new Orafol Color, Aubergine Bronze (found on the VIPautosalon cars at SEMA), and Black Chrome for accents.

Added a Tom's Rep Rear diffuser as well.

Was able to pull the 2013 Headlights, and 2014 LED fogs from my previous build to update to the 2014 front end for the F!

In the sun it changes colors constantly!

That's it for now. Next up is suspension, I have FIGs LCA Bushings, Megan Toe and Camber arms, and the F-Sport rear sway bar for the rear. I am NOT slamming this car, I bought it to drive and track it. Thinking of going the Penske route for Coils, but still undecided! Hope you guys like it, I know it's a little different than usual
Old 12-12-15, 11:04 PM
Onionboyz
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow that's an insane looking wrap! I like it a lot despite not being a huge fan of gold/regular chrome wraps. Great looking car so far!
Old 12-13-15, 11:28 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Looks great!

Really like that wrap!

You made a great job of applying it as well, looks quality.

Nice selection of mods so far.

Enjoy!
Old 12-15-15, 02:17 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Onionboyz
Wow that's an insane looking wrap! I like it a lot despite not being a huge fan of gold/regular chrome wraps. Great looking car so far!
Thank you!! My goal was to demonstrate how wild you can go with the wraps, while trying to keep it good looking if that makes any sense lol.

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Looks great! Really like that wrap! You made a great job of applying it as well, looks quality. Nice selection of mods so far. Enjoy!
Thank you for the kind words!!
Old 12-15-15, 04:45 PM
VMRWheels
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW!
So unique!
And your previous build was so wild! I can't wait to see whats in store for your car!
Old 12-18-15, 11:40 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

I like but dont like the wrap at the same time. But more like 99% like, 1% dislike. :P
sick!

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 12-18-15, 02:17 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Car looks great buddy! Love the color of the wrap.

Originally Posted by NorCalIS
Been a long time member of CL, started with an 08 IS250, after four years I came to a cross roads with the build, keep spending money on the VIP route and wide body the car, or buy the car I knew I always wanted, the F!!!
My previous car (static btw, everyone used to think it was bagged!)

So after searching for a couple months for a low mileage, un-modified F, one finally popped up at Lexus of Pleasanton which happened to be fairly close to me!! I went to look at the car, and walked away that day with the keys in my hand!
2008 Mercury Metallic IS-F

Since I own a commercial graphics/wrap business, and to be honest, I'm not a big silver guy. I wrapped the whole car using the new Orafol Color, Aubergine Bronze (found on the VIPautosalon cars at SEMA), and Black Chrome for accents.

Added a Tom's Rep Rear diffuser as well.

Was able to pull the 2013 Headlights, and 2014 LED fogs from my previous build to update to the 2014 front end for the F!

That's it for now. Next up is suspension, I have FIGs LCA Bushings, Megan Toe and Camber arms, and the F-Sport rear sway bar for the rear. I am NOT slamming this car, I bought it to drive and track it. Thinking of going the Penske route for Coils, but still undecided! Hope you guys like it, I know it's a little different than usual
Old 12-19-15, 11:58 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VMRWheels
WOW! So unique! And your previous build was so wild! I can't wait to see whats in store for your car!
Thank you!!

Originally Posted by joshhleee
I like but dont like the wrap at the same time. But more like 99% like, 1% dislike. :P sick!
Thank you lol, it's definitely not a normal color, and I for sure don't expect everyone to like it. But I'm glad your 99% on board with it haha! I usually change colors pretty often, I don't expect this to last more than a year!

Originally Posted by OneSiCkF
Car looks great buddy! Love the color of the wrap.
Thank you!! Sounds great now too!
Old 01-23-16, 01:24 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Couple of small updates! Picked up some more bushings from Figs, and finally got them all put in! To go along with the front lower arm rear bushing, sway bar, and toe and camber arms, I added the front lower arm front mount #1, and the front upper control arm offset bushings as well. The car handles so much better, I immediately noticed how much stiffer and more responsive the car is. As soon as it's done raining I'm going to really test it out in the twisties! Couple of updates on the interior. Going with a real carbon fiber/texalium mashup. So far i've added carbon fiber door cups, center console accents, and texalium steering wheel controls for my flat bottom carbon top DCTMS wheel! Couple of nice shots after I washed it! I also wrapped the calipers in reflective Orange with F logos!

Last edited by NorCalIS; 01-23-16 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-23-16, 02:36 PM
Flogrown
Pole Position

The calipers look sick. Wrapping will hold up with the heat?
Old 01-23-16, 07:45 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Flogrown
The calipers look sick. Wrapping will hold up with the heat?
Thank you! Yes, reflective vinyl is extremely heat resistant, my heat gun goes well above 1000 Fahrenheit, and barely affected it.
Old 01-24-16, 12:29 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Coming along nicely dude.

Still liking that colour as well.

Very cool. Report back on your raft of handling upgrades. Only thing I find is when you do a load of changes at once, it's tough to work out the individual benefits from each item. I'm sure that little lot will make a huge improvement though dude.

Keep up the great work.
Old 01-24-16, 01:23 PM
specie
Driver

Car looks great!
How difficult and labor intensive is it to wrap the brake calipers?
Old 01-24-16, 06:26 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Coming along nicely dude. Still liking that colour as well. Very cool. Report back on your raft of handling upgrades. Only thing I find is when you do a load of changes at once, it's tough to work out the individual benefits from each item. I'm sure that little lot will make a huge improvement though dude. Keep up the great work.
Thank you!! Hopefully I'll get a small break in the rain and work this week to get out to the twisties and I will report back, I do agree it's going to be hard to single out which one has the most effect.
Originally Posted by specie
Car looks great! How difficult and labor intensive is it to wrap the brake calipers?
Thank you! Honestly, it was quite difficult wrapping the calipers. If I didn't wrap for a living I probably would've given up lol, it's was pretty frustrating. I do offer it as a service, but it's certainly not a cheap one unfortunately. If they made reflective powder coat I would've probably gone in that direction. I am pleased with the outcome though!
Old 01-24-16, 11:32 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Wish you could come to the UK!

I'd get you to wrap my car.

There are firms that do it over here, but I've not been that impressed with their work.

Looks like you've got it down to an art mate.

Let us know once you've had a play on the twisties!

Quick Reply: NorCalIS's ISF Build