Search this Thread

Old 02-22-16, 02:22 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Wish you could come to the UK!

I'd get you to wrap my car.

There are firms that do it over here, but I've not been that impressed with their work.

Looks like you've got it down to an art mate.

Let us know once you've had a play on the twisties!
Thank you sir! Maybe one day I can make the trip across the pond and do some work!
Old 02-22-16, 02:23 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

So onto the review of all my suspension tweaks!
After hitting the twisties a couple times, I've noticed a number of things. First thing is braking is so much more stable now, crazy how rubbery those LCA bushings can be from the factory! Second, I am getting a tad bit of understeer still on hard entries, but I believe that will be solved by switching tire size. I'm still on stock tire size, and toyo proxes at that, which I am not a fan of. Otherwise my turn in has greatly improved, the car feels incredibly stable and comfortable in the twisties, and any of that understeer can be solved with a bit of gas. Can't wait to get coils, and new tires/wheels and get back out there, keeping up with my friend's on sport bikes on the backroads is a great feeling!!

I also picked up a couple of new parts (Novel Vents, custom engine cover, and Wald rear diffuser) from USBISF who is moving on to bigger and better things! Big thanks to him for everything, we also got the opportunity to take some great pictures as well!

I also continued with my Carbon Fiber/Texalium mash up on the interior

Old 02-22-16, 03:11 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Nice build so far! That chameleon wrap looks crazy
Old 02-22-16, 03:12 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Looking good!

Just need the Novel mirror extensions now to match up with those fender ducts.

I'm just waiting to get back the last few bits of interior trim in dark carbon.

Done the rear centre armrest, and all 4 door switch panels. Looks so much better than that silver stuff!

Wider tires do make a huge difference from what I've found so far. Be interesting to see if that changes much after I get the RR-Racing tune.

You need the RR-Racing titanium intake.

Would look amazing with the wrap colour.
Old 02-22-16, 04:13 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Ah, you're the one who swooped the cover off of Stalone! Jealous. Guessing that's also where the Novel vents / Wald diffuser came from haha. I'm loving the black CF accents on the interior, I can't stand the silver CF.

Your chameleon color is awesome, I've been wanting to own a wrapped car / wrap this car for some time now. I may have to PM you about it.....
Old 02-22-16, 11:34 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lolfunxion
Ah, you're the one who swooped the cover off of Stalone! Jealous. Guessing that's also where the Novel vents / Wald diffuser came from haha. I'm loving the black CF accents on the interior, I can't stand the silver CF.

Your chameleon color is awesome, I've been wanting to own a wrapped car / wrap this car for some time now. I may have to PM you about it.....
You should 100% PM this guy!

Best wrap I've seen by far.

Hell, I'm half tempted to pay for him to cross the pond to do mine!

I'm with you on the silver carbon looking awful!

Trouble is the guy who did all my dark carbon skinning is a busy guy.

Haven't had my middle section in the car since October!

Getting bored of looking at the big hole! Lol.

Hoping it won't be too much longer!
Old 02-24-16, 08:44 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Nice build so far! That chameleon wrap looks crazy
Thank you!
Looking good! Just need the Novel mirror extensions now to match up with those fender ducts. I'm just waiting to get back the last few bits of interior trim in dark carbon. Done the rear centre armrest, and all 4 door switch panels. Looks so much better than that silver stuff! Wider tires do make a huge difference from what I've found so far. Be interesting to see if that changes much after I get the RR-Racing tune. You need the RR-Racing titanium intake. Would look amazing with the wrap colour.
Thank you! Yea hoping to get the novel extensions soon! I've read a square setup tire wise will greatly reduce the understeer, hoping to go that route. I actually kind of like the texalium, my last car had all black carbon, and the silver is a nice contrast in my eyes. I'm also going to do the rear armrest, that might be my last piece, but not sure. I want the new intake tube, but I just got the original one not that long ago, in time probably!!
Originally Posted by lolfunxion
Ah, you're the one who swooped the cover off of Stalone! Jealous. Guessing that's also where the Novel vents / Wald diffuser came from haha. I'm loving the black CF accents on the interior, I can't stand the silver CF. Your chameleon color is awesome, I've been wanting to own a wrapped car / wrap this car for some time now. I may have to PM you about it.....
Yea that's where all that came from lol, and thank you! I'm kind of partial to the texalium with the black carbon, my last car had all carbon and looked a bit boring to me, I'm a weirdo though lol. But yea, wrap is great! Helps protect the paint, and looks good doing it, I've wrapped the 2is platform probably close to five times, so I know a lot of the tricks!
You should 100% PM this guy! Best wrap I've seen by far. Hell, I'm half tempted to pay for him to cross the pond to do mine! I'm with you on the silver carbon looking awful! Trouble is the guy who did all my dark carbon skinning is a busy guy. Haven't had my middle section in the car since October! Getting bored of looking at the big hole! Lol. Hoping it won't be too much longer!
Hopefully it'll be done soon! I know what you mean about looking at the empty hole lol! I would love to cross the pond and do some work!! Could scratch it off the bucket list!

Last edited by NorCalIS; 02-25-16 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-17-16, 04:19 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Seems I have been neglecting this thread a little bit. Here's the latest update:

Picked up some PPE Headers, wow what a difference these made. Absolutely love the sound they make with my Joe-Z, not to mention the gains!!

Figs+PPE=Winning combination!

Got the Auto Couture front lip from lolfunction, wrapped it after a little body work, and threw it on!

RS*R I-Sport Coils came in, so far so good, after about thirty adjustments finally got the ride height perfect to me! No rub!

Perfect ride height!!

Then took the plunge, and ordered the RR-Racing tune, RPM set to 7200 for the quarter mile. So far, so good, really enjoying the boost in mid-range torque!! Still gotta put some more miles on it.

That's it for now, got a couple more things coming in soon!
Old 04-17-16, 05:51 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

nice build and u going to love the power after tuned .
Old 04-19-16, 03:45 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Nice progress!

You're adding some nice parts at quite a rate of speed!

Need to slow it down to allow Rafi to finish the supercharger kit!

Looking good though mate.

So annoying I need RHD headers.

Seen great deals on lightly used sets over there, but won't work for my F sadly.

Still, headers are the next big ticket item for me.
Old 04-21-16, 08:47 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Impressions on the RS-R's?

Also, since you upgraded your rear diffuser does that mean your toms rep is available
Old 04-23-16, 08:28 PM
NorCalIS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISF4life
nice build and u going to love the power after tuned .
Thank you! yea it's definitely great having all the midrange torque available now!

Nice progress! You're adding some nice parts at quite a rate of speed! Need to slow it down to allow Rafi to finish the supercharger kit! Looking good though mate. So annoying I need RHD headers. Seen great deals on lightly used sets over there, but won't work for my F sadly. Still, headers are the next big ticket item for me.
Thanks man!! I know novel makes RHD headers lol!! But your going to love whichever ones you get!! They make a huge difference, and the sound is just amazing. Looking forward to seeing the progress on yours!

Originally Posted by FFM
Impressions on the RS-R's? Also, since you upgraded your rear diffuser does that mean your toms rep is available
They are definitely more comfortable than my 08 suspension, but they stiffen up nice when adjusted. My only complaint with them is that they are a bit loud, hear the rebound going over big bumps and stuff. I sold the toms rep some time ago, sorry!
Old 04-24-16, 12:55 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Nice progress man!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-05-16, 08:34 AM
mindcrime
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

what do you normally charge to wrap an IS F?
Old 05-05-16, 08:47 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by mindcrime
what do you normally charge to wrap an IS F?
That's actually a good question, I was quoted around $3500 with no jambs.

Quick Reply: NorCalIS's ISF Build