Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Ali SC3's "Workin on it" thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-16, 08:18 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

sounds good will check it out. I do like na-t but for 400hp on the street don't go with a huge turbo so the spool is good. gte is pretty nice around that power range cause the power comes on fast, but na-t with the right sized turbo is pretty good also.
Old 06-03-16, 04:13 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Alright I think I found my next motor swap, Quad turbo v12... might be a tight fit though...

Old 06-04-16, 02:47 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

That is massive. What is it for-- a tug boat? Something out of the Liebherr Earth mining vehicle line?
Old 06-05-16, 12:07 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

haha yeah whatever it is must be massive. I was thinking maybe a tug boat also or probably even bigger
Old 06-07-16, 07:01 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Look how awesome that is. I can't wait to finish diesel school soon
Old 06-30-16, 05:37 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

let me tease the guru a bit so he doesn't loose interest on the endeavour we are about to embark ... 2jzgte SC430... sorry no NA-T here, lol . This is the realm of the dark force , lmaol.

This interior on a silver looks appealing . I know you wanted a silver colored SC430. I probably won't mind settling with silver if the interior is Saddle like this . I wonder if they have this interior in a white exterior.

Name:  sc430saddle_zpsnc9w2am7.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  130.6 KB
Old 06-30-16, 06:32 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

That sounds like a sick project. I've always kind of been interested in SC430's, mainly because I'd love a convertible. But from what I gather nobody makes any power with them. If there was a 2jz swap, hmmm.....
Old 06-30-16, 08:23 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gerrb
let me tease the guru a bit so he doesn't loose interest on the endeavour we are about to embark ... 2jzgte SC430... sorry no NA-T here, lol . This is the realm of the dark force , lmaol.

This interior on a silver looks appealing . I know you wanted a silver colored SC430. I probably won't mind settling with silver if the interior is Saddle like this . I wonder if they have this interior in a white exterior.

Wow, yeah I always liked that saddle interior, didn't realize its like two tone that picture shows it off really well. The one I am looking at is silver and full black interior cause I just finally wanted a full black interior, although that saddle one is pretty awesome as well.
I don't think they did saddle on all the colors, but it might be out there worth a look.

Yeah this will not be a na-t project. It will be a 2jzgte, The Dark Side of the Force is strong... haha
not sure if vvti or no vvti yet, if I dont have to do emissions on this car then I will go vvti, otherwise maybe non vvti... undecided right now.

It will get the 6 speed though and I am debating doing the 350z trans on it with all new parts I can do it for less than the v160 including a new transmission... still I have time to decide I will get the car first and then start collecting parts.

Originally Posted by Halon
That sounds like a sick project. I've always kind of been interested in SC430's, mainly because I'd love a convertible. But from what I gather nobody makes any power with them. If there was a 2jz swap, hmmm.....
Yeah the convertible aspect is whats getting me to, and its newer and still got some nice curves... I love the front but the rear looks a little odd, I was thinking I would remove the rear tiny spoiler and give it something more aggressive, cause well the SC430 rear needs some help, not like the sexy sc300 rear end that can go wingless.

I like v8's but nothing like a having a 2jz under there, then i can make whatever power i want with the right mods.
I want to say there are a couple that have been swapped already, just not a lot of people talk about how its done.

I told my pops and he said, "stop ruining your cars" hahaha hes got jokes.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 06-30-16 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-30-16, 09:07 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

I love a V8 as well. But my understanding is that motor can't really take a lot of power without being built. And at that point, a JZ swap just seems like a sweet option. Plus they are a dime a dozen. I've been really interested in trying a 1JZGTE VVTi build actually, since you can get em for extremely reasonable prices.

Something like this would give the rear end a fresh look
Old 06-30-16, 09:16 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Yeah ... every time summer is around the corner I miss my past convertibles . The targa top off on the MKIVs wouldn't cut it . I still prefer a full top down.

I don't think it is really hard to do a 2jzgte swap even with canbus . There is not much difference in having 2jzgte in newer GS or IS with all those serial / canbus related wirings. If you want to retain a lot of the electronics functionalities that are controlled by the stock ECU, then you will have to retain it. Let the aftermarket ECU control just your engine just like the way we let these piggy backs control the ignition and fueling. So it will all go down on the wiring which am pretty sure Ali and I can knock down easily. Start with a stock engine configuration but built internally and then go from there. Just keep on building if you want more power which on my end , it will not be a speed car . It will be more of a cruising car .. enjoying the breeze .

My only concern is if we go 6 speed on this car , the center shifter console have to be fabricated like stock looking to complement a good interior.
Old 06-30-16, 09:22 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Not sure how big the tunnel is on those, but if a 6spd is a tight fit, maybe an AR5 swap might be another thing to consider and it might fit better?
Old 06-30-16, 09:29 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I love a V8 as well. But my understanding is that motor can't really take a lot of power without being built. And at that point, a JZ swap just seems like a sweet option. Plus they are a dime a dozen. I've been really interested in trying a 1JZGTE VVTi build actually, since you can get em for extremely reasonable prices.

Something like this would give the rear end a fresh look
That rear end is sick, it makes the whole thing look alot more GT, might have to go that route and then throw on a big wing.

Yeah it has to be built and a few people I know have tried but at the end of the day by the time you supercharge or turbo it you have sunk a ton of money into a motor where everything is just plain hard to access etc.. you really have to be dedicated to the UZ to attempt it.
This chassis was begging for a 2jz from the start, it really should have been an option.

Yeah those 1jzvvti r154 combos are a nice setup and don't break the bank, but I am settled on having the 2jz and possibly a single conversion with a quick spool valve, no compromises on this one have to do justice to the SC430.

Originally Posted by gerrb
Yeah ... every time summer is around the corner I miss my past convertibles . The targa top off on the MKIVs wouldn't cut it . I still prefer a full top down.

I don't think it is really hard to do a 2jzgte swap even with canbus . There is not much difference in having 2jzgte in newer GS or IS with all those serial / canbus related wirings. If you want to retain a lot of the electronics functionalities that are controlled by the stock ECU, then you will have to retain it. Let the aftermarket ECU control just your engine just like the way we let these piggy backs control the ignition and fueling. So it will all go down on the wiring which am pretty sure Ali and I can knock down easily. Start with a stock engine configuration but built internally and then go from there. Just keep on building if you want more power which on my end , it will not be a speed car . It will be more of a cruising car .. enjoying the breeze .

My only concern is if we go 6 speed on this car , the center shifter console have to be fabricated like stock looking to complement a good interior.
Yeah I am starting to think that we can knock it out, even the wiring. If a shop can do it then I can do it, just would have been nice to have some kind of indications. heck if I can keep the stock v8 ecu and trick it into being happy, and run the 2jz off a separate ecu I could go vvti and even standalone for running the motor, have it completely separated out, that would be sick.

Yeah I think the 5-600 range with some sick spool would be just right for this car, can cruise and put down most domestics, anything more than that I am sure the convertible aspect will come into play with alot of flex etc... can only throw so many braces on it.

Bonus is these cars have the 3.2 diff in them so just need to drop the lsd unit in there and the 6 speed will be perfect to match up.

May have to look into a better roll bar also, there are apparently 2 small ones in the rear headrests, but they are pretty tiny and I am 6 feet so it worries me just a hair lol.

for the center console, I was thinking if you remove the auto bezel which sits on he left side, and the flip up thing on the right side, and then carefuly dremel the inbetween bit so its like one round oval opening, you could get a clean oval hole and then its just a matter of fixing a trim on the edges and a nice boot.
That was my "concept" plan anyways only thing is I think the hole will be a little too large, but will see how it goes down when the time comes, I don't want to make a new piece I want to keep as much of the original wood as possible.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 06-30-16 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-30-16, 09:34 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Not sure how big the tunnel is on those, but if a 6spd is a tight fit, maybe an AR5 swap might be another thing to consider and it might fit better?
This will be a factor for sure, there is like no extra space under the sc430 from what I hear, they even had a hard time making aftermarket exhausts for it, but I have confidence a v160 would fit in there cause its pretty well shaped. the 350z trans really might not have fit at all, but with the new auto bellhousing trick I think it might just fit. will be new territory for sure, I could always use a t56 worst case. I wonder how far the 430 shifter position is from the bellhousing, like an SC or longer.
Old 06-30-16, 09:34 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Now this is EXCITING!!!!! Wow!
Old 06-30-16, 09:38 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

the other thing I wonder about is if anyone has fit a maser cylinder and clutch pedal in the sc430 yet... sure some kind of toyota parts should fit in there but might be a little tricky to say the least.

also it seems like these cars have immobilizers, yay.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 06-30-16 at 03:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Ali SC3's "Workin on it" thread