Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

LexSense - Ultra White is350 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-17, 10:24 AM
LexSense
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by a1rh3adsz
car looks good. where did you get those blue paddle extensions?
also how is the fitment and quality of the rear spoiler?
Thanks for the kind words.
The blue paddle shifter extensions were purchased from another CL member on here
Although I've seen them on Ebay, and other sites like Aliexpress.

The spoiler came installed by the dealer when I purchased the car brand new off the lot, so I don't know if they did any work to install it, but fitment is pretty spot on 9/10 I'd say.
The following users liked this post:
Defender15 (11-26-17)
Old 03-15-23, 04:37 AM
FennyMike
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by LexSense
Hey there,
4.083 gear came from prior gen of lexus is350. I believe my shop was able to swap the whole pumpkin over by switching the mount over from the new to the old? I can't remember exactly. The 8 speed tranny is okay with it.

Top speed becomes around 110mph in 6th, 7th, and 8th gear unfortunately; although a speed limiter removal may fix that. OVTuned found a limitation in the byte storage of the code with a max value of 255kph (which in theory would translate to about 121-124 mph top speed with the differential swap - have not tested yet)

Shifting is where the other issues arise. It gets a little wonky at times where it shifts earlier than usual, as it expected to be in a certain gear, sudden WOT pulls you may find it drops too many gears and you will bounce off the rev limiter (manual mode is okay otherwise). It's only the auto shift points that gets messed up as it tries to go to the gear it's programmed with.

Speedometer didn't change as speed readings come from a different sensor on the wheel hub. You will also definitely feel more torque - but 0-60 times I'm not sure how much it improves as there will be more shifts in between now.

MPG also drops, but I'm not really the most fuel saving person either so that will be impacted differently person to person.

*Copy pasted the reply over from prior PM messages and made some edits with most current info.
​​​
Hope that helps !
Hey man I know this is late but do you have any updates on this swap, have you fixed any of the issues? 110 mph being the top speed is drastic especially if you're saying you can't really feel the difference in the 0-60. Is it even worth it? I am trying to find out how to improve my 0-60 time on my 2021 since they are so much slower by the year.