Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

Novel RCF Build thread - Molten Pearl w/ Perf. Pkg/TVD

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-15, 07:29 PM
Paulf1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely Love that sound w gate open! Great build. Is the intake stock? Dyno yet?
Old 10-03-15, 05:12 PM
boostedGS
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
Are you going to do any dyno runs?
I wish I had more time to do dyno runs with all the different mods separately. I'll definitely dyno it once the Novel exhaust is installed to go with my headers. This way, you guys can know how much power the Novel performance packages actually makes.

Originally Posted by BPauto
Awesome thread! I can't wait to see more updates!!

The OP is one of the nicest most genuine guys you'll meet. If you ever have a chance to meet him and talk to him in person, you can get a sense very quickly of what kind of person he is.

On top of that, his NOVEL RCF build is going to be epic!! Thank you for your support! We cannot wait to see the build put together soon.
Thanks for those kind words! Thank you for sourcing the parts for me!

Originally Posted by FR500GT
Your car is coming together nicely!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Paulf1
Absolutely Love that sound w gate open! Great build. Is the intake stock? Dyno yet?
Thanks! I haven't personally dynoed the car yet. The intake assembly is stock, but I have an AFE drop in filter.

Tanabe dynod my car when they put the axle back on and gains were about 5rwhp and 10-11 lbs of torque. I have not dynoed with the headers yet.
Old 10-21-15, 01:22 PM
boostedGS
Lead Lap

Novel exhaust system and the CF lip kit is here! Should have everything on the car by sometime next week.

Old 10-21-15, 01:25 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedGS
Novel exhaust system and the CF lip kit is here! Should have everything on the car by sometime next week.

Nice! Can't wait to see the dyno!
Old 10-21-15, 08:14 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

[QUOTE=toystry;9202058]Wait what? $13,000 for headers and an exhaust? Seriously? How in the hell is that even possible? I'm not cheap when it comes to aftermarket parts but you can buy a car for $13,000. Headers and exhaust will net what, 60hp max? Lets say you get 60hp from the combo, that's $217 per hp.

On a separate note, that ORANGE is beautiful.....I'd love to see one in person.[/QUOTE

In order for him to get full 60hp he will need to be full catless, that's Novel headers with No secondary cats with full exhaust. Love Novel exhaust system.
Old 10-21-15, 08:32 PM
buckets
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Glad I clicked into this thread. Awesome!!
Old 10-24-15, 01:17 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

bulletproof / OP how did the install go? was there noticeably more room for the install compared to the ISF? did you have to drop or shift the tranny or engine mounts?
Old 10-26-15, 09:46 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

After inspecting a set of Novel headers I have to ask you this......what the heck is up with them cutting out part of the tubes and welding in sheet metal?!?? Apparently they did this to make them fit correctly. I'd be PISSED if I spent that kinda cash and they take a short cut in the production sets. I hope yours didn't get cut up like the set I saw.
Old 10-26-15, 10:22 PM
boostedGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by buckets
Glad I clicked into this thread. Awesome!!

Originally Posted by 4everkidd
bulletproof / OP how did the install go? was there noticeably more room for the install compared to the ISF? did you have to drop or shift the tranny or engine mounts?
Yea, Bulletproof did say that they had to lift something out, forgot exactly what. But I haven't previously owned an ISF so I'm not sure.

Originally Posted by Carnevino
After inspecting a set of Novel headers I have to ask you this......what the heck is up with them cutting out part of the tubes and welding in sheet metal?!?? Apparently they did this to make them fit correctly. I'd be PISSED if I spent that kinda cash and they take a short cut in the production sets. I hope yours didn't get cut up like the set I saw.
The headers I got from Novel definitely were not welded with sheet metal.

Since my car was the first LHD order for the headers, unfortunately, it had come in pieces. This is because they weren't sure how it would fit the LHD models. So I assume they put them in pieces so the installing shop can adjust them accordingly, and once they have it adjusted, they would tack weld it so it stays in place.

Did the Novel ISF headers come in 1 piece or multi-piece?
Old 10-27-15, 12:09 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The install went well. After taking a look at the headers, we have to say the quality of the headers was awesome. The engineering and design layout of the piping was impressive.

We did notice that there was very little clearance between the headers and the engine. There isn't much room in there to begin with since the Lexus V8 is rather large. For the install, we did have to lift the engine from one side to the other to fit the headers in properly. There just isn't any room to maneuver around to install them.

Like the OP said, this is the very first US model Left Hand Drive header from NOVEL for the RCF so we did have to spend time aligning the piping before finishing the install.

Once installed, there was a DRASTIC difference in sound and we noticed some performance improvements in the mid-range power band.

Originally Posted by Carnevino
We didn't notice any areas where it looked like they cut any part of the tubes and welded thin sheet metal. The walls of the piping were actually quite thick all throughout the entire system when we examined it.
Old 10-27-15, 01:35 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Where are the videos and pictures?!?!

Good job Bulletproof, looking forward to some more installs :P

-Josh
Old 10-27-15, 04:39 PM
4everkidd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BPauto
The install went well. After taking a look at the headers, we have to say the quality of the headers was awesome. The engineering and design layout of the piping was impressive.

We did notice that there was very little clearance between the headers and the engine. There isn't much room in there to begin with since the Lexus V8 is rather large. For the install, we did have to lift the engine from one side to the other to fit the headers in properly. There just isn't any room to maneuver around to install them.

Once installed, there was a DRASTIC difference in sound and we noticed some performance improvements in the mid-range power band.
F me... now I'm regretting jumping on the header bandwagon prior to seeing what was involved.

Good job BP, but that does sound like a bit of a nightmare.
Old 10-27-15, 04:56 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
Where are the videos and pictures?!?!

Good job Bulletproof, looking forward to some more installs :P

-Josh
Thanks for the kind words! We'll post video and photos soon. The OP has some video of the headers already installed above mated to a factory mid pipe and Tanabe axle back. He doesn't have video of the exhaust installed yet though. That will be coming up next.

The OP had a pretty clear vision in his head of what he wanted and executed his plans well. We're only here to help facilitate his vision and help guide him when he has questions. It's really turning out to be an impressive car.
Old 10-27-15, 05:27 PM
BPauto
Former Sponsor

F me... now I'm regretting jumping on the header bandwagon prior to seeing what was involved.

Good job BP, but that does sound like a bit of a nightmare.
You'll be fine. It's a time consuming process but you can do it. I personally think it's worth doing the headers. After hearing and experiencing the difference, I'm a fan of doing headers on the RCF.

Thanks for the kind words as well!
Old 11-01-15, 06:34 PM
boostedGS
Lead Lap

Hey guys, here is an update with pics - Kit installed, exhaust installed. I'm sorry, but video will have to come later, I mean a month later. I'm very busy, I will be in Taiwan and Japan for rest of November after SEMA.

I will post videos/sound clips later on soon as I get back from my Asia trip. I will also get it dynod ASAP once I'm back! I know you guys are waiting for that, I just don't have time right now. I wonder if BP Auto has videos/sound clips, if so, please post up since I won't be able to for a while. If not, I'll eventually get to it once I'm back. Thanks again!!

Hope you guys like it!

Quick Reply: Novel RCF Build thread - Molten Pearl w/ Perf. Pkg/TVD