Lexus SC300 with a 4L80E - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Lexus SC300 with a 4L80E

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-15, 05:43 AM   #1
Idlefree
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Can
Posts: 192
Default Lexus SC300 with a 4L80E

Hi everyone,

I am extremely excited as my SC300 will have a 4L80E tranny that will be able to handle 1500whp, pro EFI, 5" ETS intercooler kit, Nitrous Express kit, single drive shaft, TRD LSD rear end, Front Facing intake, Bosch dual fuel pumps
Tranny builder ATF
Shop placing the Tranny and other modification Johnny at Toronto Automotive Repair
Below is the progress, engine has been built to handle 1,000 crank











Last edited by Idlefree; 08-28-16 at 06:49 AM.
Idlefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-15, 05:46 AM   #2
gerrb
Moderator
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A Mile Ahead of You
Posts: 4,351
Default

Oh Shoot ... This will be NICE and WICKED !

You have stepped it a notch from your last build huh !

Looking forward to the progress.

EDIT :

What are the specs of your engine block and head internals now ? Your target RWHP at what RPMs ?

Reason I ask is , reliable sources told me the tranny can hold power but the damn 4L80E hates the higher RPMS .. that is why I never installed mine so far ...aside from the tunnel work.

You have more pictures of the work done on the tunnel to get the thing in ? If my ATF built A340 won't hold the +1000rwhp I am going to throw on it with my new Daily Driver , I will be forced to install either the TH400 or the 4L80e which I already have. The 4L80e having an overdrive should be better for street driving though.

Last edited by gerrb; 09-19-15 at 06:24 AM.
gerrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-15, 05:51 AM   #3
Idlefree
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Can
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrb View Post
Oh Shoot ... This will be NICE and WICKED !

You have stepped it a notch from your last build huh !

Looking forward to the progress.
Thank you Gerrb, I screwed up once and want to do it right this time. Thank you for all your help when I woulp PM you, it is greatly appreciated. Still nothing compared to your toys
Idlefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-15, 06:11 AM   #4
GISguy
Pole Position
 
GISguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: VA
Posts: 326
Default

New life goal: Gain access to a machine shop.
GISguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-15, 06:17 AM   #5
gerrb
Moderator
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A Mile Ahead of You
Posts: 4,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlefree View Post
Thank you Gerrb, I screwed up once and want to do it right this time. Thank you for all your help when I woulp PM you, it is greatly appreciated. Still nothing compared to your toys
You are welcome ! Just trying to help in as much as I can whoever asks for my help.

I look forward to your long block specifications . Also that 4L80e bell housing doesn't look like it is a bolt on to the 2JZ block . I maybe wrong but that needs an adapter to bolt on to the 2JZ just like what I have from ATF.
gerrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-15, 06:23 AM   #6
Idlefree
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Can
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrb View Post
You are welcome ! Just trying to help in as much as I can whoever asks for my help.

I look forward to your long block specifications . Also that 4L80e bell housing doesn't look like it is a bolt on to the 2JZ block . I maybe wrong but that needs an adapter to bolt on to the 2JZ just like what I have from ATF.
Hey Gerrb, it is actually bolted right on to the engine right now, I will try to post a better picture when I go to the shop.
Idlefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-15, 08:21 AM   #7
gerrb
Moderator
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A Mile Ahead of You
Posts: 4,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlefree View Post
Hey Gerrb, it is actually bolted right on to the engine right now, I will try to post a better picture when I go to the shop.
ok thanks, a couple of pictures where that trans mate to the block would be great. I don't see a hump on the bellhousing's driver side where the 2jz starter goes in to latch into the flywheel that is why I thought there should be an adapter and I know I had to buy a separate 2JZ adapter which was in the vicinity of $1k .

Last edited by gerrb; 09-19-15 at 09:56 AM.
gerrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-15, 10:32 AM   #8
Idlefree
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Can
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrb View Post
ok thanks, a couple of pictures where that trans mate to the block would be great. I don't see a hump on the bellhousing's driver side where the 2jz starter goes in to latch into the flywheel that is why I thought there should be an adapter and I know I had to buy a separate 2JZ adapter which was in the vicinity of $1k .
Hey Gerrb, this is what it looks like plus the torque convertor that still needs to be put in. Tranny needs to come out one

Last edited by Idlefree; 08-28-16 at 06:44 AM.
Idlefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-15, 10:59 AM   #9
gerrb
Moderator
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A Mile Ahead of You
Posts: 4,351
Default

thanks a lot... its their newer version of flywheel . I see an adapter plate to fasten it to the block . Nice !

does the bellhousing come with a lower part cover to protect it down there from dirt and debris ?
gerrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-15, 12:38 PM   #10
Idlefree
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Can
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrb View Post
thanks a lot... its their newer version of flywheel . I see an adapter plate to fasten it to the block . Nice !

does the bellhousing come with a lower part cover to protect it down there from dirt and debris ?
That is a good point Gerrb, I do not think so.
Idlefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-15, 12:45 PM   #11
gerrb
Moderator
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A Mile Ahead of You
Posts: 4,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlefree View Post
That is a good point Gerrb, I do not think so.
oh shoot , that will be a problem ... it becomes a track car only.

You can't drive that around and get dirt especially into that torque converter , flywheel & starter..... most especially when the roads are wet .
gerrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-15, 12:18 AM   #12
Idlefree
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Can
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrb View Post
oh shoot , that will be a problem ... it becomes a track car only.

You can't drive that around and get dirt especially into that torque converter , flywheel & starter..... most especially when the roads are wet .
That is a good point Gerrb, I have to inquire on this
Idlefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 01:53 PM   #13
chnk
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (12)
 
chnk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 1,287
Default

Interested in the bosh pump set up is a 044 inline pumps?

Are you gravity feeding them on the bottom of the car?
chnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 02:31 PM   #14
Idlefree
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Can
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrb View Post
oh shoot , that will be a problem ... it becomes a track car only.

You can't drive that around and get dirt especially into that torque converter , flywheel & starter..... most especially when the roads are wet .
Hey Gerrb, thanks once again if you didn't say anything I would not of thought of it. Just spoke to ATF and yes there is a cover for it.
Idlefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-15, 02:36 PM   #15
Idlefree
Driver
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Can
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chnk View Post
Interested in the bosh pump set up is a 044 inline pumps?

Are you gravity feeding them on the bottom of the car?
Hey chnk,
Below is all the info for the pumps, ii goes in the tank like the stock ones. It is a great setup can't wait to see it work.
PHR INTRODUCES THE WORLDS FIRST AND ONLY DUAL BOSCH 044 FUEL PUMP HANGER FOR LEXUS SC300/SC400!

GOOD FOR 1500hp on Race Gase, 1100+hp on E85!!!
This dual pump hanger features:
T6 6061 construction
Exact fit to the OEM tank
Fittings supplied with each hanger
All applicable hardware
Annodized Black for E85, Methanol, and other chemical resistance.
EASY INSTALLATION!!! PERFECT FITMENT!!! PRECISION CNC MACHINING!!!

All Parts are milled at a slow feed rate to ensure a better finished product.
Quality tapped holes to ensure clean threads.
All the PHR kits come with MILITARY GRADE coated wires specifically for fuel submersion. We sourced and tested these long term at great personal expense. This was actually the single hardest part for us to come by and solve the issue of fuel soak in cheaper wire some were having.
NO HOSES OR CLAMPS to ensure a fail-free system.
Anodized black! This will ensure our hangers can be used permanently in alcohol / methanol / E85 fuels with no concerns of long term corrosion.
Using only 2 two powerful pumps reduces possibility of failure.
Bosch 044 is the most reliable racing pump on the planet. Failure isn't only not an option, it's damn near an impossibility!
This is the last pump setup you will ever need.

NEW OPTION: The PHR Stainless Check Valve for those those wanting to run the pumps sequentially. Just replace the M12x1.5 to 6AN fitting with the check valve, and wire the upper pump to turn on whenever you choose so that your system isn't running both pumps constantly. The check valve is necessary to prevent fuel backfeed through the non-running pump. (Please note: there will be a slight reduction in peak flow so plan your fuel system accordingly)
Idlefree is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IS200t tune Sheddy Performance 63 09-17-16 08:44 PM
2018 Lexus LS Spy shots Robb92914 LS - 4th Gen (2007-present) 41 09-02-16 07:38 AM
TX 2000 sc300 tan 3-spoke steering wheel and airbag 01gs3 SC400 / 300 Classifieds 9 06-13-16 07:29 PM
MS TRD style front lip / Ultra White Spamboi 3Gen IS250 / IS350 Classifieds (14-) 8 10-18-15 06:52 AM
Some Of My Pics From NJ M&G TheAzn NELOC 6 04-15-15 11:15 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved