Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

93 sc400 2jzgte vvti aristo swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-15, 08:39 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes... It can that is what I am running.....you will be limited to the stock injectors and stock ECU....but you should be able to run up to 14psi on stock ECU.....at that point you will start hitting boost/fuel cut....

Not sure what your knowledge is but you seem pretty limited on what you know.....no offense.....

IMO you need to do some more research it is not just as simple as slapping on a single turbo....
Old 09-23-15, 12:29 PM
driftlex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the first time I have ever done a motor swap and first turbo motor I have ever owned so yes I'm very limited on knowledge about it
Old 09-23-15, 12:33 PM
driftlex
Rookie

Any recommendations on what oil and transmission fluid I should us and also can I use a electroni boost control on the stock twins
And a blow off valve on front mount inter cooler
Any suggestion on this set up would be cool
Old 09-23-15, 07:31 PM
hmhatch
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

That's not the wastegate in the pic you have up there. It's the exhaust gas control valve. It's needed for the sequential setup.
Old 09-24-15, 10:26 AM
driftlex
Rookie

I have read that in order for my turbo system to work correctly and not over boost I would need to have some back pressure in my exhaust... My original plans was to do a 3" down pipe and 3" exhaust all the back or out the side of car.. So from what I understand I haft to use a catalytic converter in order to not have over boost does anybody know if this is correct ... Also I will put up information on what I did to run my fuel lines later tonight I just want to make sure I lost the right size hard line connections I used to do this
Old 09-24-15, 10:45 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Driftlex - no offense meant but I would advice to do a lot of research and reading . And not everything your read on the internet is true. You have to verify everything you read before implementing or you are either asking for trouble or you are not maximizing what you have.

Like just what you said about 3" exhaust ....you may or may not need a restrictor depending on the size of your turbo , other stuff you have and overall setup . A good boost controller can help you not have a runaway boost . Depending on the catalytic converter, it can negate the reason why you went with 3" exhaust after all. Parts you gather should all match up in accordance with your overall goal to have an efficient setup . Otherwise you buy a part then negate what it was suppose to do with another part just because you read it in the internet.
Old 09-24-15, 03:23 PM
driftlex
Rookie

Ok I will take the into mind and no offense taken...sorry for all the questions also.... Lol but hers another one so I relocated my beater to the trunk I ran a power wire from battery to starter and another one to the fuse box under the hood... Then plugged in the plug to alternator and connected the white cable wires on the Lexus to alternator ... And was going to ground battery to trunk.... Does this sound like I have everything correct and am I forgetting something....
Old 09-24-15, 03:49 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

make it simple ..

1) negative of battery to chassis in the trunk
2) from battery .. one gauge 1 or 0 to a circuit breaker then to the front to a distribution box with fuses
3) the distribution box provides power to all like fuse box , starter , etc.
Old 09-24-15, 03:59 PM
driftlex
Rookie

Thanks gerb I'm guessing the added fuse is for protection to fuse box will add that in line then
Old 09-25-15, 09:51 AM
nuturf87
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Yes you can go with a single turbo conversion on stock gte ecu. About 14 lbs of boost before hitting fuel cut. Some claim 16lbs and even 18. Not 100% sure. Some Gte ecu are re- mapped for boost cut, rev. speed limiter etc.... Boost cut will differ. And do your self a favor, use the research button. Alot of things you have to take in consideration to be able to get good results on any mechanically enclined project. GL
Old 09-25-15, 01:02 PM
driftlex
Rookie

Thanks for all the helpful information... I will do a sum up of everything I've done and all parts used and sizes as soon as a few more parts arrive .....so far I would haft to say this swap has been fairly easy ... The cost is not cheep but not super expensive will also add a run down of prices as well....
Old 09-25-15, 01:51 PM
driftlex
Rookie

Does anybody know if their is a way to test the vsv aka the vvti selinoid sensor to see if it working
Old 09-29-15, 06:10 PM
driftlex
Rookie

Old 09-30-15, 08:33 PM
driftlex
Rookie

Old 10-02-15, 08:33 PM
driftlex
Rookie

New rad it's for 98 supra manual transmission .. Also new rad hoses for 98 supra fits real nice .. Just got to make bracket tops to lock it in ... Also used supra motor mounts I forget what year but part number is 1236046111 fit and sit real nice... For the rear hoses for heater core to block and heater valve I got Lexus sc300 heater core hose their is 2 of them they fit perfect also... For fuel lines I used an6 fittings to high pressure hard line fittings and an6 fuel lines cut to preference

Quick Reply: 93 sc400 2jzgte vvti aristo swap