Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 4GS owner vehicles

JjAshAa GS350 F Sport Progress

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-15, 11:44 AM
jjashaa
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default JjAshAa GS350 F Sport Progress

Always enjoyed being in a sedan so finally got a chance to be in one again.. Sorry for the long post. heh

A little history before we go into the GS350...

Previous sedan and first car was my 2003 Acura 3.2TL... first time ever getting into the "car scene"... as you can see.. i was all into that whole JDM ****... lol

and couple photos of the car in it's final glory days.. found these RacingHart C4 here on ClubLexus

I then felt like the transmission was on it's way out so quickly parted out and moved onto a 2 door coupe.. never thought I'd go Hyundai.. lol. 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track.. Was nicely priced for what I was getting especially with the Navi. heh. Got hitched up with some vendors and was able to go to SEMA for two years with this and then finally settled down from all of that...... for now....

First year at SEMA

power pages hooplah for DC Sports

headers and reflash

2nd year at SEMA wasn't as eventful since I dropped a sponsor and went with another but then got surprised with bunch of Spyder Auto headlights and tail lights .... at least I got picked up by SEIBON..

and then in it's current state right now..

Somewhere in between all of that.. I also picked up a 1995 Mazda Miata that I just work on here and there..... nothing special. lol.. just sitting around my neighborhood being driven here and there.. lol

Onto the GS350...

Originally, I really wanted to pick it up in the Riviera Red but apparently they had none available in the West Coast so went with the Ultra White. Really cool car even without all the other options like blind spot mirrors, parking assist, power trunk, heads up display and what not. Don't think I would need the winter package in California..... lol

Picked it up for the company I'm working at back a couple weeks (May 18th) with 67 miles on the ODO.. enjoying it as much as I can in its stock form before we start making changes.

2015 Lexus GS350 F Sport (RWD) in Ultra White
Black Interior

So far.. I've got tint done with a mobile guy for ceramic and 30% all around and Megan Racing Coilovers are in and dropped off for some work before it all goes into the car.

forgive me for the potato cam photo but a this is my visit some time ago to check on the coilovers and where everything is at before I drop off the car... hopefully that is today.

I did get some stuff done in the meantime like sourcing some TRD Front Spoiler for the car to fill in those gaps nicely.

and the typical LED stuff.... puddle light mirrors and door panel courtesy lights.

door panel courtesy lights.. first picture shows difference from front (LED) to rear (stock).. not much but it's just.... me...

and this shows both front and rear with LEDs.

Sorry for the long post... heh
Old 07-13-15, 10:31 PM
KJD3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JjAshAa GS350 F Sport Progress

Welcome, beautiful GS! I'm in the process of trying to source and get a set of TRD front lips and side splitters. If I may ask, how did you source them? And how was the install?

What's next for the GS?
Old 07-14-15, 09:26 AM
jjashaa
Driver

I have friend's family that lives out in Japan.. got the TRD front lip for $550 shipped brand new.. i think i got lucky but pretty dam good price. Install was fairly simple. peel off small corners of the double sided tape and just stick on section by section by the tape while mounting the screws on the bottom. you'll see when you get it.

next for the GS.. it was dropped off at Platinum VIP yesterday for phantom cup kit install... hopefully it doesn't take too long....
Old 07-14-15, 09:40 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How hard was it doing the courtesy lights on the mirrors? Jealous of that cup kit lol.
Old 07-14-15, 10:03 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

very nice line of cars that you came from man!any thoughts on wheels??
Old 07-14-15, 11:02 AM
jjashaa
Driver

Originally Posted by Justin2JZ
How hard was it doing the courtesy lights on the mirrors? Jealous of that cup kit lol.
I just followed the DIY in this link https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...light-led.html

As long as you can get over the pulling off of the mirror part, you'll be fine.. it's a little "scary" at first but I feel like its going to take a lot more than pulling to really break the mirror itself.

Originally Posted by neegroy
very nice line of cars that you came from man!any thoughts on wheels??
thanks! I have the wheels ready but I can't release details of that just yet.. haha
Old 07-21-15, 11:27 PM
SanDeezy
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

who did you purchase your LED's from?
Old 07-22-15, 08:59 AM
Wakaflocka
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good dude. and that's a nice history there
Old 07-22-15, 06:02 PM
jjashaa
Driver

Originally Posted by SanDeezy
who did you purchase your LED's from?
I've always ordered my LEDs from autolumination.com

Originally Posted by Wakaflocka
looks good dude. and that's a nice history there
thanks!
Old 07-25-15, 02:18 PM
SSTG
Driver

Originally Posted by jjashaa
I have friend's family that lives out in Japan.. got the TRD front lip for $550 shipped brand new.. i think i got lucky but pretty dam good price. Install was fairly simple. peel off small corners of the double sided tape and just stick on section by section by the tape while mounting the screws on the bottom. you'll see when you get it.

next for the GS.. it was dropped off at Platinum VIP yesterday for phantom cup kit install... hopefully it doesn't take too long....
First off, nice job so far with the Mods.

I also would be interested in ordering those TRD splitters. Could you text me with ordering info?

Thank you!
Old 07-27-15, 02:27 PM
Punish3r
Driver School Candidate

Look's very nice so far!
Old 07-29-15, 01:48 PM
VMRWheels
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice collection of builds. Look forward to seeing what you have planned for the GS
Old 08-02-15, 10:54 PM
lexusjj
Driver School Candidate

Hey this is James from AZ, I'm getting a GS in few months too! LoL
Old 08-03-15, 09:57 AM
jjashaa
Driver

Originally Posted by SSTG
First off, nice job so far with the Mods.

I also would be interested in ordering those TRD splitters. Could you text me with ordering info?

Thank you!
I can try and sourcing you a set but it'll take me some time.

Originally Posted by VMRWheels
Nice collection of builds. Look forward to seeing what you have planned for the GS
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Punish3r
Look's very nice so far!

Originally Posted by lexusjj
Hey this is James from AZ, I'm getting a GS in few months too! LoL
hey james! whats up man! long time dude.
Old 08-03-15, 02:07 PM
jjashaa
Driver

just dropped by Platinum VIP to check in on the car and it's status along while dropping off the wheels I'll be putting on them..

so far, wiring for the main management system is all done, now just need to get the plumbing, tank, compressors and rear coils in.. then just plug everything in... i'm shooting for next week Wednesday but I have a feeling I'll get it back probably week after.

Quick Reply: JjAshAa GS350 F Sport Progress