Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Project SC400

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-15, 03:29 PM
nic6491
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project SC400

So I just recently got this 93 SC400. Upon getting it the windows did not work. The power steering pump needs replacing. She needs a whole new AC system. Along with a few other ins and outs (door panels, seats, etc.) Today was the first day I was able to actually break down and pull some things apart. After pulling the door panels off to fix both driver and passenger door handles I pulled the wiring harness from the driver side and traced down all the wires. After doing so I found one of the wires (white/black stripe) was basically frayed to pieces. The driver side door handle did not work so after pulling that panel off I noticed that there was not a bar (?) that connected with the outside handle. Went out to a local pull apart and just pulled both handles and mechanisms. So today's progress was mainly cleaning up a bunch of screwed up wires and door handles. After a couple of hours though she is all out back together and not having any troubles with windows or door handles 😂

The day I got it

Also the day I got it

Previous door mech on the left. You can notice the (bar) I mentioned in the one on the right

Always fun to run into this kinda thing. Easy fix for sure