Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

1998 gs300 build, aristo 2jzgte swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-17, 03:13 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I went ahead and put the Spark plug back in cylinder 1 and kept the fuel pump unplugged and turn my key to crank it Again it Started Right Up for few Seconds than Died because the fuel pump was disconnected . Than I reconnected the Fuel Pump back up and started the key Again turnover but does not want to Start tried it a few time no start Not Running . Than I Say to myself lets unplugged that Fuel Pump HARNNESS Again . Guess what I turn the key it Fired Right Up An Ran for 2 seconds than died Again. So unplugging the Fuel Pump Connection wire helps my motor starts Up . So Im thinking it could be that I have bad injectors or maybe something to do with my 12V MOD to the Fuel Pump I check the Injector Pulse and its Good . What do you think? Im running out of luck here
Old 03-08-17, 05:24 AM
jerimiah87
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K3nnydie
I got the MAF sensor tested its working properly and had the Throttle cable Corrected . So I went and check for Sparks on Cylinder 1 before I crank it I unplug the harness wire from the Fuel Pump in the back Seat I put the Spark Plug in the spark plug wire and had it laying on Top of my Valve Cover and Started Cranking it for Spark before I knew it the Engine Started Right Up for 2 Second than died . Thats with the Spark Plug Out of Cylinder 1 and I Did had some Starter Fluid sprayed in there before I had unplugged the Fuel Pump Harness Wire.....

I would undo the 12V mod and see what it does just out of curiosity. I would say something with your injectors but it seems like it is almost getting to much fuel since it won't start while the pump is hooked up. What ignitor are you using? This could also be your problem if your using the lexus one.
Old 03-08-17, 09:37 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Ok so I went ahead and put the Spark plug back in cylinder 1 and kept the fuel pump unplugged and turn my key to crank it Again it Started Right Up for few Seconds than Died because the fuel pump was disconnected . Than I reconnected the Fuel Pump back up and started the key Again turnover but does not want to Start tried it a few time no start Not Running . Than I Say to myself lets unplugged that Fuel Pump HARNNESS Again . Guess what I turn the key it Fired Right Up An Ran for 2 seconds than died Again. So unplugging the Fuel Pump Connection wire helps my motor starts Up . So Im thinking it could be that I have bad injectors or maybe something to do with my 12V MOD to the Fuel Pump I check the Injector Pulse and its Good . What do you think? Im running out of luck here
Have you doubled checked the AM2 fuse in the fuse box in front of the battery? This fuse being blown will stop the car from running on it's own and cause the exact symptoms you are having, i.e. acting like it wants to run as long as you are giving it gas pedal or spraying starter fluid in, but as soon as you let off it will die.

Originally Posted by jerimiah87
I would undo the 12V mod and see what it does just out of curiosity. I would say something with your injectors but it seems like it is almost getting to much fuel since it won't start while the pump is hooked up. What ignitor are you using? This could also be your problem if your using the lexus one.
The 12v mod won't effect the engine staying running. And the GS and Aristo igniters are interchangeable, either can be used with the swap.
Old 03-09-17, 06:48 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
Have you doubled checked the AM2 fuse in the fuse box in front of the battery? This fuse being blown will stop the car from running on it's own and cause the exact symptoms you are having, i.e. acting like it wants to run as long as you are giving it gas pedal or spraying starter fluid in, but as soon as you let off it will die.

The 12v mod won't effect the engine staying running. And the GS and Aristo igniters are interchangeable, either can be used with the swap.
I will have to check that AM2 Fuse to see if thats the problem ,but what I did do yesterday I pull the upper intake manifold off an seen some fuel sitting in the Lower intake Manifold so pulled out all the injectors for some cleaning . Maybe my Coil Pack is going bad ?

I CHECK the AM2 fuse this morning still Good Condition

Last edited by K3nnydie; 03-10-17 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-16-17, 07:37 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

99 GS3 is there anything else I can look for that is causing my crank but No Start problem ? To me it looks like it has Low Spark
Old 03-16-17, 08:39 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

99 GS3 is there anything else I can look for that is causing my crank but No Start problem ? To me it looks like it has Low Spark
A bad or disconnected crank sensor will cause a crank but no start issue as well.
Old 03-16-17, 08:58 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

A bad or disconnected crank sensor will cause a crank but no start issue as well.
Will the one from the vvti 2jzge work on JDM vvti 2jz? THANKS
Old 03-20-17, 05:07 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

I also change the Crank Sensor and its still doing the same thing crank but no start but once I have the fuel pump connector unplugged i give it a few Cranks and it Starts Right Up for Few Seconds than Died Out........Will a JDM and USDM Alternator has an effect on it ? something to do with the vehicle not starting because I Put on a USDM Alternator from my Stock gs300 engine?
Old 03-22-17, 08:40 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

I also change the Crank Sensor and its still doing the same thing crank but no start but once I have the fuel pump connector unplugged i give it a few Cranks and it Starts Right Up for Few Seconds than Died Out........Will a JDM and USDM Alternator has an effect on it ? something to do with the vehicle not starting because I Put on a USDM Alternator from my Stock gs300 engine?
The alternators interchange that's fine, no concerns there as long as it's good.
Old 03-25-17, 12:34 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

When I went Single Turbo I have 3 connectors that is not connected which is the Vacuum Sensor for Stock Twin Turbo will that effect my car not to Start?
Old 03-25-17, 09:54 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

When I went Single Turbo I have 3 connectors that is not connected which is the Vacuum Sensor for Stock Twin Turbo will that effect my car not to Start?
The VSV's and their connectors related to the TT's do not have any effect, I always remove them completely from the harness on a single swap.
Old 03-26-17, 10:20 AM
K3nnydie
Driver

The VSV's and their connectors related to the TT's do not have any effect, I always remove them completely from the harness on a single swap.
Ok good do you know which side of the Coil Connectors is Positive Side and Negative Side of the connector ? Also Positive Side and Negative Side of the Water Temp Sensor Connectors to ? The reason why I ask is because when I bought the engine the connectors on does was Cracked and Broken so I replace them with new ones an I think that I might put the wires in the wrong position in the connectors..
Old 07-24-17, 08:27 AM
Flyinhawk
Driver

Default Wil gs300 trans mount work

Can I use the gs300 engine and trans mounts for the aristo engine and trans?
Old 07-24-17, 04:13 PM
K3nnydie
Driver

Originally Posted by Flyinhawk
Can I use the gs300 engine and trans mounts for the aristo engine and trans?
Yes you can it fits find
Old 07-25-17, 11:53 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Man, this thread has been a huge help, thanks OP.

Quick Reply: 1998 gs300 build, aristo 2jzgte swap