Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

YamadaBuilt

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-15, 06:19 PM
1UGLYGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default YamadaBuilt

Decided it time to make one of these. For whatever reason, i'll be dumping more money into it this month. Wider rear so I can run matching camber (less) all around. I think around -4 is what im going for compared to the -7 im currently running.

Im still waiting for CentralPine to get their containers in. been waiting almost 2 months for them to drop a pair of k-break mufflers; But i'm pretty content with my stock exhaust for now.

I really wanted to try and build a car that was strictly what I wanted. I decided against going with AG wheels as a lot of my buddies decided to run this year. I went with a more classic look of SSR's that i'm very happy with. My goal was to build a budget luxury car, but still keeping class and real parts and try to keep some originality like I did with my previous build.

Old 07-02-15, 04:31 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad u didn't go AG wheels lol

looks good with that k-break bumper! any fitment problems?
Old 07-02-15, 09:07 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

I really like the front bumper! Where did you get it and how much does it run?
Old 07-02-15, 06:50 PM
1UGLYGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by uberEJ
Glad u didn't go AG wheels lol

looks good with that k-break bumper! any fitment problems?
Yeah im glad I didn't go with them either lol. paid about half of what I would have paid and im pretty happy with the results. unfortunately VRWheels didn't clear the faces properly and their already showing signs of fading on the faces (in very unusual places I might add, and very inconsistent fading) and I've only had these a few months. The first few pictures the bumper wasn't properly mounted. Last 2 show it with bolts. The fitment is slightly off but cant really complain when its a one off.

Originally Posted by msgs350
I really like the front bumper! Where did you get it and how much does it run?
It's a custom k-break bumper I bought from an Endless Projects member locally. To have someone make it, your probably looking around ball park numbers of $1200 - $1500 depending on your source and labor.
Old 07-28-15, 02:33 PM
1UGLYGS
Lead Lap

Nothing really new to report lol. Kind of in the "should I do this, or should I do that' stage. I think I might do the q45 retrofit, but not quite set on it yet.

Also have to order a tray from James over at VipOut, but can't decide on the stain I want yet lol.

And my body work guy is slammed working on cars for Spocom this weekend. So hopefully the GS will be in the shop the first week of August.

Picture from last week.
Thinking about picking up a new set of Work wheels but not sure if I want to go more aggressive.