Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

1uz miata, and its sc400 DD brother

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-15, 05:25 AM
ghoul
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
I like your positive attitude about the seats, looks like its coming along nice on the 400 front.
Def waiting for the miata 1uz build part though. what trans? shoehorn that motor in there!!
Yeah, I'm looking forward to digging into the miata myself but other than parts collecting it will be fall when the real work kicks off!

I have struck a deal for a 95 sc400 donor engine and trans, im just waiting for my friends to pay back some money they owe me. I will be using the stock lexus auto trans, that way I don't have to mess with any adaptor plates/miss-matched parts/ and it will be an exact match to the winter cars driveline. Younger me would have hated the fact that I'm going from manual to auto however old broken me has difficulty driving stick shift with a bad shoulder, also my wife will be able to drive it...
Old 05-09-15, 09:01 AM
ghoul
Driver School Candidate

Taking it slow with a hangover;
Did some little interrior work on the sc400, repaired the netting

Today (again moving slow) I got the headlights polished on both cars

Wet sanded with 1500 and polished with a wheel and some rough cut

Results were less dramatic on the SC but I'm still pleased with the results

Old 05-12-15, 04:47 PM
ghoul
Driver School Candidate

Default More sc400 progress

My $30 lcd screen showed so I got right to it

Here is the before

After the old one was dis-mounted points cleaned then the new one soldered in

Also I noticed the far right LED was burnt out so I swapped the good one from the middle in its place (better not to see fan speed VS where I blows IMO. I'll get the 3 matched replacements one day
Till then im happy with the results
Old 05-15-15, 11:42 AM
ghoul
Driver School Candidate

Default Sc400

Bought stock collector back exhaust from the local junkyard for $30 and installed.
No more loud leaky junk-pipe noise tubes!

ive had a paracidic draw on this car since I bought it so I gave here a full charge, hooked a "troublssooting" light between the battery and ground cable then started pulling fuses till the light went out. Turns out it was the radio circut. This was odd to me because I had the radio and climate Controle disconnected for a while and still had a drain. So I went into the trunk and re-engauged the trunk latch (I know the eject button on the changer lights up when the trunk is open)... The eject light went out as it was supposed to. So I unplugged the changer and sure enough the test light went out.
This is a little odd because this issue is happening with both CD changers I have for it.
I will need to get a diagram to ferret out the issue.
Old 05-15-15, 11:46 AM
ghoul
Driver School Candidate

Default Miata

I promised you all a 1uz swapped miata and today I took the first solid step in that direction. I just sent a forum member payment on a 1uzfe, with all the sensors/accessories, uncut harness, ecu, MAF, ignightors, and trans from a 1994 sc400. Game plan is to clean and rebuild the engine and put new seals in the trans, then dump it into the 95 sc400.
Then do the same with the 95s driveline and start the miata swap!
Old 05-20-15, 03:24 PM
ghoul
Driver School Candidate

Default Mostly sc400

Been working hard and spending more;
I just got the phone call that the extra engine/trans swap is at the local shipping company ready for pickup!(will be picked up tomorrow)

As you all recall the sc400 sat like this on cut springs with blown out shocks

With a few hours work in the rain and $40 I was able to get a stock set of sc300 springs,

sadly it makes the car sit like crap and the passingers rear had a broken spring so that corner sits low... It's better because it dosent rub but I still am not happy so I ordered up a gixxer_drew combo

And for my last feat of spending money I don't really have i snagged all 3 factory service manuals!

And now it's a matter of waiting for the back-ordered items and letting my bank account recover
Old 05-20-15, 05:46 PM
Maximo018
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I feel you on that as we speak. Great thread and repairs. Looking forward to seeing more.
Old 05-21-15, 09:49 AM
ghoul
Driver School Candidate

Default Miata

Originally Posted by Maximo018
Yeah I feel you on that as we speak. Great thread and repairs. Looking forward to seeing more.
Thankyou very much!
Now I am getting excited! Picked up the shipment at lunch!

Aliga really came thru on the engine swap deal! Everything I needed from the donnor car!
Old 06-04-15, 11:01 AM
ghoul
Driver School Candidate

Default sc400

been doing more parts managment than any thing else for the last month.
Took about 3 calls to customer service and 2 exchanges to get a set of 4 springs that match... apparently the company in question dosent know what "gold" is supposed to look like?

sad part is, I didnt really want gold springs to begin with but it was a $60 diffrence in price so I went gold...
front shocks came in, but I am still waiting on rears... cant wait to get them assembled and installed!