Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

2007 Lexus gs 450h

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-15, 03:10 PM
missyj
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool 2007 Lexus gs 450h

Has anyone here had this problem: I took my car Lexus 2007 gs 450h to Lexus dealership for the "fuel pressure sensor sealer/gasket" recall. a couple days later, my hybrid battery quit working, the warning on the dash were these; check vsc, check ecb, check hybrid system, check engine,light, and the slipping icon came on. My car just turned over at 130,000 miles and aside from regular maintenance, I have not had to do any repair work with the exception of replacing rear shocks 2 years ago. Is it possible that the service guys forgot to reconnect my hybrid battery. It is Sunday so I can't get a diagnostic until Monday. Anyone on line now have any answers?
Old 04-22-15, 10:23 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Moved your thread to the correct place.
Old 04-22-15, 11:28 AM
missyj
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Moved your thread to the correct place.
Thanks, I am new around here and still feeling my way around. But I am glad I found this forum!!
Old 04-24-15, 07:17 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

The two are likely unrelated unfortunately. It would have been an immediate issue if so
Old 04-25-15, 11:22 AM
missyj
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
The two are likely unrelated unfortunately. It would have been an immediate issue if so
You are so right mitsuguy! Seem my hybrid battery is dead or at least 2 cells are gone, however Lexus tells me I have to replace the whole battery. Attached is the Lexus quote for the new battery. The service dept did manage to get my car model wrong on this invoice but rest assured they got the price right for my Lexus gs 450H.
Another member in this forum posted a link http://www.falconhybrid.com , where you can buy a refurbished battery at 1/3 of the cost. I checked it out and may go that route.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
repair est..pdf (597.1 KB, 309 views)
Old 04-26-15, 09:59 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by missyj
You are so right mitsuguy! Seem my hybrid battery is dead or at least 2 cells are gone, however Lexus tells me I have to replace the whole battery. Attached is the Lexus quote for the new battery. The service dept did manage to get my car model wrong on this invoice but rest assured they got the price right for my Lexus gs 450H.
Another member in this forum posted a link http://www.falconhybrid.com , where you can buy a refurbished battery at 1/3 of the cost. I checked it out and may go that route.
In planning ahead, I've looked at that route. I think, however, I would replace the bad cells with used, tested cells. There are resellers of those and that is essentially all a refurbished battery is anyways. Just have to find someone capable of taking the battery apart, which I am comfortable with, but many shops would not.
Old 04-26-15, 10:45 AM
missyj
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
In planning ahead, I've looked at that route. I think, however, I would replace the bad cells with used, tested cells. There are resellers of those and that is essentially all a refurbished battery is anyways. Just have to find someone capable of taking the battery apart, which I am comfortable with, but many shops would not.
mitsuguy, I wish I knew someone who could do just that. I have read in this forum of hybrid owners who have done that. . . . seems shop owners are of leery of tampering around with the hybrid battery. I considered myself lucky that I found a guy that can replace the battery. He says he will order the battery, install it, and the other things Lexus has on their invoice for $2300.00. I thought that was fair considering what Lexus charges.
I didn't think to ask him if he could just replace the bad cells. Anyway just having to deal with issue is a big headache for me and I just want it to be over with. There is a one year warranty on the battery and since I was gonna buy a new Lexus next year anyway, I will trade this one in. However I will never buy another hybrid.
Old 04-28-15, 01:36 PM
JaimeM
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mitsuguy, I wish I knew someone who could do just that. I have read in this forum of hybrid owners who have done that. . . . seems shop owners are of leery of tampering around with the hybrid battery. I considered myself lucky that I found a guy that can replace the battery. He says he will order the battery, install it, and the other things Lexus has on their invoice for $2300.00. I thought that was fair considering what Lexus charges.
I didn't think to ask him if he could just replace the bad cells. Anyway just having to deal with issue is a big headache for me and I just want it to be over with. There is a one year warranty on the battery and since I was gonna buy a new Lexus next year anyway, I will trade this one in. However I will never buy another hybrid.
Hi from Spain.
In Spain, is possible to repair the battery with a low cost. Here the cost for to replace the battery is arround 4000 Euros, but to repair the battery has a cost of 580 euros only.

http://www.bluelife-battery.com/faqs/

maybe there, you have there any site like thiss
Old 04-28-15, 03:19 PM
missyj
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Originally Posted by JaimeM
Hi from Spain.
In Spain, is possible to repair the battery with a low cost. Here the cost for to replace the battery is arround 4000 Euros, but to repair the battery has a cost of 580 euros only.

http://www.bluelife-battery.com/faqs/

maybe there, you have there any site like thiss
Hi JaimeM, thanks for sharing. What an innovative company! Unfortunately we don't have Bluelife over here. But that's not to say it isn't coming. I presume that as the hybrid technology becomes more well known Bluelife will have expanded all over the place. We may have something similar here but I just don't know about it yet.
At any rate I am having my battery replaced as we speak and then I am going to trade the hybrid for a regular car. Maybe the ES350 or a Nissan Maxima.
I am disappointed in the hybrid in that for $55,000, I don't think that 8 years or 100,000 miles is enough time to enjoy the car before having to make a major repair (over $7,000 when you add in the labor charges). For $55,000 I expected to drive my car for at least 15-20 years before having to invest that kind of money. But you live and you learn.
I think you did great getting your repair for only $636.00 american dollars instead of $4391.00 american dollars for a new battery. Lets just hope the old cells don't drag down the new cells which will eventually lead to replacing the whole battery.
Old 04-29-15, 02:40 PM
JaimeM
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi JaimeM, thanks for sharing. What an innovative company! Unfortunately we don't have Bluelife over here. But that's not to say it isn't coming. I presume that as the hybrid technology becomes more well known Bluelife will have expanded all over the place. We may have something similar here but I just don't know about it yet.
At any rate I am having my battery replaced as we speak and then I am going to trade the hybrid for a regular car. Maybe the ES350 or a Nissan Maxima.
I am disappointed in the hybrid in that for $55,000, I don't think that 8 years or 100,000 miles is enough time to enjoy the car before having to make a major repair (over $7,000 when you add in the labor charges). For $55,000 I expected to drive my car for at least 15-20 years before having to invest that kind of money. But you live and you learn.
I think you did great getting your repair for only $636.00 american dollars instead of $4391.00 american dollars for a new battery. Lets just hope the old cells don't drag down the new cells which will eventually lead to replacing the whole battery.
Hello again, I have not changed the battery yet. My GS now has 93,000 km only, but is an option for the future.

Here, that option, it's working very well, and with very good results.

Not only change the defective cells, also they perform a complete process of regeneration of the battery.

But I prefer not to have problems at the moment ........;-)

It's just my first option when I have
Old 04-30-15, 11:30 AM
missyj
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Originally Posted by JaimeM
Hello again, I have not changed the battery yet. My GS now has 93,000 km only, but is an option for the future.

Here, that option, it's working very well, and with very good results.

Not only change the defective cells, also they perform a complete process of regeneration of the battery.

But I prefer not to have problems at the moment ........;-)

It's just my first option when I have
Oh well, I am happy that you at least are not having any problems. But even if you did you have an excellent option available to you. If I had that option I would have kept my hybrid for another 5 or 10 years. But as it is now, I don't trust the technology to give me my moneys worth!