Search this Thread

Old 09-07-15, 09:30 AM
mtndoo817
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Calipers...

Originally Posted by chuongzzz
Thanks bro , it's more expensive but it look better
Hey im wanting to paint my brake calipers the exact same way! Yours look flawless. i've got the link to the decal but i wanted to know exactly what the best way was without having to go through taking apart the whole thing. but if i have to i want to know the simple way to do it without any hassle!
Old 12-09-15, 02:59 PM
phoenix888
Driver

Received 68 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by cp2
finally got my engine cover back from the shop. my avatar makes a little more sense now...haha. the purple looks a lighter in the picture than it really is, but i wanted to make sure there was more light and less shadow in the picture. i'm going to do my calipers purple, but it'll be a darker shade w/ an anodized look. i wish i could've done that with my cover as well, but it didn't happen. i'm happy with it! peep my oil filler cap too! as far as looks, i'd get the LEMS intake if it wasn't so expensive. thinking about getting the cusco strut bar next and will paint the arms the same purple.

SO AWESOME!!

Could you please share where you got that Oil Filler Cap?
Old 12-09-15, 03:15 PM
cp2
Racer

Received 326 Likes on 195 Posts

it's a trd oil filler cap. I got it from my local dealer. when I had the eng cover painted, I had the trd sticker for the cap painted as well. I had one of those kiosks at the mall make the decpeticon sticker and stuck it to the cap sticker; then had it clear coated to help it stay in place.

I really have to update my build...haha. I've had some additions since my last post.
Old 12-09-15, 04:49 PM
phoenix888
Driver

Originally Posted by cp2
it's a trd oil filler cap. I got it from my local dealer. when I had the eng cover painted, I had the trd sticker for the cap painted as well. I had one of those kiosks at the mall make the decpeticon sticker and stuck it to the cap sticker; then had it clear coated to help it stay in place.

I really have to update my build...haha. I've had some additions since my last post.
Thanks Boss!

You have an amazing build. I just picked up my own F-Sport this weekend and already have the ideas in place of whats going to be done. It's all about the details, and that cap is killer.

Did you ever end up lowering your Car>? I was really Gung Ho on RSR Down Springs until I actually made the purchase. Looking at it in person, I'm digging stock..
Old 12-10-15, 07:07 AM
cp2
Racer

phonenix888-congrats on your new car! we are some what limited in modding this car as there isn't much out there just yet. there are a hand full of options (exhausts, intakes, kits, etc) but are still kind of limited. there are jdm stuff that can be bought, but it costs a lot and then there's the waiting period as well.

I haven't lowered my bucket yet, but am really thinking hard about it. I was going to go w/ the f sport springs, but according to everyone that's had or seen them, there really isn't a difference. so I'm thinking about swift or rsr down. have you installed your springs? what didn't you like about it?
Old 12-10-15, 10:57 AM
sdotk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cp2

Yes, please do. I've been patiently waiting...

Last edited by sdotk; 12-11-15 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-10-15, 11:07 AM
phoenix888
Driver

Originally Posted by cp2
phonenix888-congrats on your new car! we are some what limited in modding this car as there isn't much out there just yet. there are a hand full of options (exhausts, intakes, kits, etc) but are still kind of limited. there are jdm stuff that can be bought, but it costs a lot and then there's the waiting period as well.

I haven't lowered my bucket yet, but am really thinking hard about it. I was going to go w/ the f sport springs, but according to everyone that's had or seen them, there really isn't a difference. so I'm thinking about swift or rsr down. have you installed your springs? what didn't you like about it?

I haven't installed the Springs as of yet, and I don't think I'm going to any time soon. My front scrapes backing into the Garage, or going forward (Nothing big, but never had to deal with it before) so I bought the All Fit Lip yesterday and figured if it scrapes like this just to park into a Garage, I don't really want to hassle with anything lower.

I drove a Truck for YEARS, then had an Impala that I drove hard and fast. It will take some time to adjust my style of driving to a car that is this low and this nice. Maybe after that period I'll catch the itch again. I heard there are RSR Half Downs, that would probably be the way I would go if they exist. Enough drop to erase some of the GAP to really give it some style, but not enough to cause anxiety in parking lots over speed bumps.
Old 12-10-15, 02:45 PM
cp2
Racer

there are rsr half downs available for our cars...so maybe that would be better for you. or maybe even f sport springs as well.
Old 04-26-20, 03:20 PM
rithy168
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cp2
It's been a min since my last update but Megatron finally got his new kicks! Avant Grande M510 19x8.5 +35 fronts and 19x9.5 +40 rears. I'm thinking about painting my lug nuts but can't decide which color. either black or purple to match my calipers...also thinking about doing some custom center caps.

what tire size are you running ?

is this rims R19 with stock suspension ?