Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

The evolution of my GS400

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-16, 07:45 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Car looks fantastic!!!

Two questions for you - please provide a link or some more details on the quad projector fog lights and the illuminated door sills. I'd like to do these two mods as well sometime soon.
Old 05-04-16, 10:14 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Found one more thing I'll have to keep clean too, don't mind the filthy floor mat.
that looks like a bathroom mat at my grandma's

still love the kick pods Kyle
Old 05-04-16, 11:30 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks Hameed! The fogs are universal projectors bolted to the bumper and I cut abs plastic for the bezels. Just saw a Benz with quad fogs with chrome trim the other day that has me thinking about stripping the black i painted on my projectors front rings for a little hint of chrome.
Got the idea and method for the door sills from Yakuza, here's the info in his build thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...d-2-0-a-8.html

Haha Brian... it's been sitting in a dusty warehouse all winter, gets worse every time I get in the car... they'll be getting cleaned up as soon as it's out of there. The whole car is beyond filthy right now.
Old 05-05-16, 05:35 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
Thanks Hameed! The fogs are universal projectors bolted to the bumper and I cut abs plastic for the bezels. Just saw a Benz with quad fogs with chrome trim the other day that has me thinking about stripping the black i painted on my projectors front rings for a little hint of chrome.
Got the idea and method for the door sills from Yakuza, here's the info in his build thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...d-2-0-a-8.html
Thanks. I'm not good with this DIY stuff.

I'll have to figure out some alternative.
Old 05-21-16, 05:56 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Finished up the trunk and threw the old wheels back on in time to take a little road trip with my son to the import show at Automotion weekend in the Wisconsin Dells (he's honestly way more interested in checking out the cars than I am, and knows more about many of them).

Got a prime spot in the overflow of the overflow parking...

Weren't very many Lexus there but off to a better start than the couple shows I made last year!

It should be going in for body work in the next few weeks, found a guy who specializes in metal fabrication and fender work like this and does great work. The goal is to maintain the stock lines as much as possible.
Been considering radiusing the rear wheel arch to match the front, especially if it'd make the pull less dramatic but haven't talked to him about that yet and I have no idea how that'd affect what he'll be doing.

The rear bumper has to be repainted and it got me thinking about modifying it for quad tips to change things up, specifically this type of Porsche style tips. They're not too "loud" but still on the fence a little whether they'd flow with the generally subtle and subdued body kit, would welcome some opinions on it.

Last edited by Kyle Harty; 05-21-16 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-24-16, 12:43 PM
Ava92
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car looks great as always, nice trunk

Personally I'm not big on those tips, they're instantly recognizable as a porsche thing to me, i am a car nerd though

But as far as quad tips go in general, I think it would be cool, I feel like any V8 car has a god given right to run quad tips if they want lol
Old 05-28-16, 09:25 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ava92
Car looks great as always, nice trunk

Personally I'm not big on those tips, they're instantly recognizable as a porsche thing to me, i am a car nerd though

But as far as quad tips go in general, I think it would be cool, I feel like any V8 car has a god given right to run quad tips if they want lol
Thanks, usually trust my gut but it's things like that where another perspective is good once in a while. Looking around at other tips and not many are jumping out at me. I don't want to have to cut too close to the hole in the L-Sportline bumper either.

Have enough miles on the Powered by Max coilovers now to say I'm really happy with them. Obviously they're a little rough on really bad streets but they handle imperfections and bumps/dips on the highway without the cringe of uca's hitting and tires don't rub nearly as often. Have had them be a little bouncy on big bumps at highway speed but that could be dampening adjustment. They're firm without the harshness I was worried about with 18k/16k spring rates.
Old 05-29-16, 07:38 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

looks great Kyle.. are you using the new wheels or keeping these?
Old 05-29-16, 11:06 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tmf2004
looks great Kyle.. are you using the new wheels or keeping these?
Thanks Tony, it should be going in for body work to fit the Ordens in the next couple weeks, just waiting for his next opening. Figured I might as well drive it on the old wheels in the meantime.
Old 07-11-16, 08:45 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Took a little longer to get in than I thought but the cars in the shop, stopped in yesterday to check out the progress. He was about to start welding the rears, front just needs a little fine tuning. Hoping to have it done in about a week. Picked out some oval exhaust tips that'll fill the bumper cutouts perfectly.

Last edited by Kyle Harty; 07-11-16 at 10:45 AM.
Old 07-11-16, 12:13 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

wow, go big or go home!! are you sticking with the factory lines?
Old 07-11-16, 02:22 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SoCal Cyco
wow, go big or go home!! are you sticking with the factory lines?
That's where we're ending up, little more than I bargained for when I picked up the wheels but I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!
Yeah, he's keeping the stock lines and working off of them. The aim is to keep it as smooth and "oem" as possible to flow with the subdued body kit. Hard to really tell in pics and in primer but I like what he did in the front.
Old 07-12-16, 11:23 PM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So it's safe to say, things are getting pretty serious between you guys! Lol. Can't wait to see when it's all done
Old 07-19-16, 10:40 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Stopped by to pick up my old wheels last night, was expecting to see a little more progress than I did, he says it should be done this weekend. Hopefully he comes through, still have some work and things I want to get cleaned up before HIN in a couple weeks.

Last edited by Kyle Harty; 07-19-16 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-19-16, 12:45 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

new rims look much better imho, looks like the rear fender needs to be pulled out farther to match the front though?

Quick Reply: The evolution of my GS400