Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

The evolution of my GS400

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-15, 10:13 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The paddles function just like e-shift buttons since they're wired to those leads, left side shifts down, right side shifts up. They have the same limitations as e-shift though.

They are real wide for stock fenders, don't really want to lose lip but don't want to completely destroy the body lines either. Love the look of the Serialnine fenders molded but the fiberglass makes me nervous, not to mention the paint bill! Not totally discounting that option.
Not a big fan of the demon camber look either, so that puts me in a tough spot. The car they were on had about 6 degrees of camber with stock arms and pulled fenders and they were still pretty aggressive. I've got all winter to figure it out, start with the suspension and go from there. I think even 1/2" narrower all around (10.5 and 11.5 +13) would make them a lot easier to fit cleanly but we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by Kyle Harty; 11-28-15 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-01-16, 02:54 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Starting to get things back together for spring, engine still needs some detailing but it's back together with a new IS300 aluminum radiator and fan shroud with the oem fans swapped over. My front crossbar paint didn't look great and I saw Big Ty's car with it polished a while back and dug into that. Took a lot more work than I expected but I like the way it turned out.
Wheels are fitted with 245/35 and 275/30 Achilles tires and Powered By Max coilovers are being installed along with replacing some suspension components.
Old 04-01-16, 05:49 PM
nyc80rick
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm Loving the new wheels, hope you get them to work

If you can post some pics of the side of wheels so we can see how much the tire is stretched
Old 04-01-16, 08:33 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Thanks, they'll work, odds are it's going to the body shop to have the fenders widened once the suspension is back together.
Had a few pics of the stretch, can't get them to upload right but I'll put them up anyway. Stretch came out the way I wanted, not too extreme. Tried to use Nankangs in the same size and they couldn't get them to bead, the Achilles sidewalls are a little softer and they might run a hair wider.

Old 04-02-16, 07:21 AM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

like the new wheels!! cant wait for pics
Old 04-02-16, 12:16 PM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Looking forward to pics, hopefully the body work isn't too extreme.
Old 04-02-16, 02:08 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

looking good buddy.... Nice update
Old 04-13-16, 10:40 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Thanks! Getting a little work done, front coilovers and new upper control arms are installed, added negative camber on the top hats of the coils but need the rear done before I can put it on the ground and see where I'm at fitment wise.

Getting a little closer to being back on the road.

Got my vinyl from Clazzio to reupholster the trunk, sewed the side pieces to the diamond stitched centers and backed them with 1/2" foam to match the thickness of the stitched pieces.

Wrapping the trim panels.

The trunk should be coming together soon, gonna try inverting the other amp too with a push-pull system of crossflow fans and monitoring it's temps, it's an old school class ab that runs hot normally so I'm a little leery of running it upside down but we'll see how it takes it. Before that's finished I need to get the rear coils and truhart adjustable toe arms installed. Long story short, had an alignment problem with a stripped adjustment washer and during removal of the oem arms the ball joint was compromised, made more sense to buy adjustable arms at a lower cost than replacement oem arms, if they help with aliment that's a bonus.
Old 04-14-16, 06:15 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

what coilovers did you go with?
Old 04-14-16, 10:26 AM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tmf2004
what coilovers did you go with?