Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Unique FSport DUAL IS250/IS350 build[s]

Old 02-27-15, 01:58 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Unique FSport DUAL IS250/IS350 build[s]

I think it is time for me to create this thread. I fell in love with the IS back in 2006 when it was first released. I finally bought a brand new IS250 F-Sport 2012 six years later (talking about patience huh) and this is my 1st brand new car I ever own. I started modding right away but I do it slowly and steadily to appreciate each and every single upgrade one by one.

The IS250 is a very well balanced and good all around car. I can commute to work comfortably. The car feels very luxurious in and out. It is classy enough to take my girlfriend out. I can take my family everywhere without them complaining harsh ride. I can take the car on autocross and even tracks for weekend fun. It offers plenty enough power for street driving. Whoever thinks you need more than 200HP on the street have not really utilized the car's limit yet. You can barely drive the car to the limit on the street safely and legally so if you ever push it hard, I always tell people bring it to the autocross or track! That is where you test handling and the car's limit.

After driving the IS250 for couple years, I love it more and more to the point I decide I will buy the IS350 and... I did! Oh my God, the IS350 is really, really a beast off the line. 0-40 MPH is so aggressive and so damn fast that it can take on many high horse power car. I mean 0-40 MPH in 1st gear of the IS350 is just RIDICULOUS! Handling wise, both IS are pretty much the same. Despite the fact that both cars are heavy, they handle very, very well and quite fun to drive provided the right upgrades have been installed.

Finally, I focus more on the handling performance so most of the mods are geared toward that route. I also spend a lot of time detailing my cars to make them show car shinny/glossy everyday. On the cosmetic mods, I go with F Sport theme on both cars. Style wise, I just want to set my cars apart from stock car as well as VIP cars. I want them to look like MY cars with the way I like

2012 IS250:
F-Sport Factory Package & Navigation
F-Sport Intake
F-Sport Exhaust
F-sport front and rear sway bars
BCR Coilovers
TSW Nurburgring rotary forged lightweight wheels
IS350 Front Brake Kit with Powercoated Metallic Acid Green Calipers
Stoptech Cryo Drilled Rotors with Akebono Ceramic Pads
Molded MyRide Diffuser
8000k HID all around
Blue interior LEDs
JL Audio 3w3v3 10inch sub and 500/1 amp
3M tint and front clear bra
Opticoat Coating Paint Protection
Tuf Tire Shine Coating
Handmade ClubLexus Decals

2006 IS350
Luxury Package & Navigation & Mark Levinson Sound System
F-Sport Springs
F-Sport Shocks
F-Sport Wheels
F-Sport Rear Sway Bar
M2 exhaust
Brake Calipers Painted Yellow
Stoptech Drilled & Slotted Rotors with Akebono Ceramic Pads
MyRide Diffuser Installed
3000k HID Fog
Lamin X Film on Headlight & 3M Yellow on Fog Light for Protection
Opticoat Coating Paint Protection
Carpro Leather Coating
Tuf Tire Shine Coating
Handmade ClubLexus Decals

Pictures will be in the Next Post.

Last edited by FSportIS; 02-27-15 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-27-15, 02:00 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

All pictures are taken with a crappy iPhone4S camera haha
IS250 2012:

Molded MyRide Diffuser:

IS350 2006:

Car paint protection beading

Stoptech Drill/Slotted Rotors & Akebono Pads

These are OLD IS350 2006 pictures

Last edited by FSportIS; 04-03-15 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-27-15, 03:53 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 527 Likes on 312 Posts

It's about time you started your own build thread after all the mods you've already done to your pair of 2IS'!

Both of your F-Sport ISx50s look fantastic and they are a great representation to the community!
Old 02-27-15, 07:10 PM
SGMISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really like the green paint on the is350 calipers.
Old 03-09-15, 05:29 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by redspencer
It's about time you started your own build thread after all the mods you've already done to your pair of 2IS'!

Both of your F-Sport ISx50s look fantastic and they are a great representation to the community!
Thank you for the kind words. I actually waited for you to start one before I started mine. We are both focusing on handling performance and both like performance driving.

I'm still contemplating the F Sport brace and the LSD.

How does the F Sport brace helps? I know it will stiffen up the chassis but what specifically does it help? Can you feel the change?

Does the right LSD really transform the car handling to a whole new level? I learn the M3 and the modded 335i could have same straight line performance but 335i can't match the M3 because of lack of LSD so cornering M3 will dominates the 335i.

What are the typical LSD for our IS? What are the top to the regular? How is the stock LSD?
Old 03-09-15, 05:34 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SGMISF
Really like the green paint on the is350 calipers.
Thank you! It is a custom powdercoating job with a custom mix of powder over 2 or 3 layers (I don't know but more than 1). I wanted to match the color with Porsche acid green with a tweak to it. The Porsche acid green is more like neon finish which probably has a white base. I tweaked it to a metallic finish with flakes on a silver base. The calipers are also completely rebuilt too.

My color will actually change under different lighting. It looks the best in daytime to me. I also like how it is under the sun with flakes.
Old 03-10-15, 05:48 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 527 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Thank you for the kind words. I actually waited for you to start one before I started mine. We are both focusing on handling performance and both like performance driving.

I'm still contemplating the F Sport brace and the LSD.

How does the F Sport brace helps? I know it will stiffen up the chassis but what specifically does it help? Can you feel the change?

Does the right LSD really transform the car handling to a whole new level? I learn the M3 and the modded 335i could have same straight line performance but 335i can't match the M3 because of lack of LSD so cornering M3 will dominates the 335i.

What are the typical LSD for our IS? What are the top to the regular? How is the stock LSD?
Yes, the F-Sport brace will improve the responsiveness of the vehicle through your steering input, especially when you have a tuned suspension. From what I've researched, the rear subframe of the 2IS is fairly soft so the addition of the F-Sport Chassis Brace will help minimize deflection with the rear suspension which will keep your tires better planted on the ground at all times. I've noticed when driving a 3IS that the rear suspension and tires feel much more planted to the ground than a stock 2IS. The F-Sport Chassis Brace will help bridge that gap in performance.

Your observation on cornering performance between the M3 and 335i is spot on. A M3 with a mechanical differential will be able to get on the power near the apex much sooner than a 335i with an eLSD at the same HP level. I've had this same experience a few years ago when I tried to best an E46 M3 driver with my IS350 with the F-Sport Suspension but no mechanical LSD. An OEM Torsen LSD will make your car a true sports sedan and a competition quality clutch differential will transform your ISx50 into a tuned cornering machine.

There's not many available LSD options for the IS350 (OEM Torsen, ATS, OS Giken). The IS250, on the other hand, has plenty of LSDs to choose from, especially from other Toyota/Lexus models (IS300, MKIII Supra, FRS/BRZ).
Old 03-10-15, 12:38 PM
TommyT
Lead Lap

Can you tell us what parts needed to upgrade 250 front brake to bigger brake (IS350) ?

Appreciate your help. Thanks
Old 03-10-15, 12:47 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TommyT
Can you tell us what parts needed to upgrade 250 front brake to bigger brake (IS350) ?

Appreciate your help. Thanks
All you really need are IS350 front calipers, pads, rotors, and brake dust shield.

In my case, I bought IS350 calipers, Akebono ceramic brake pads, and Stoptech Drilled Cryo rotors. My mechanic (Tommy@MusicBox) was able to fix the IS250 brake dust shield to make it fit with the IS350 calipers so I did not buy it.
Old 03-12-15, 07:56 AM
jdubbsISF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More pics of the 350 please!
Old 03-25-15, 12:55 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jdubbs350
More pics of the 350 please!
Updated with some more IS350 pictures.

Last edited by FSportIS; 03-31-15 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-29-15, 11:12 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Must be nice to have 2 2is's!
Old 03-30-15, 08:32 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Nice setup. I have the same diffuser but the left and right fin part of the diffuser do not align with the bumper. Did you have that problem too?
Old 03-31-15, 09:34 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Nice setup. I have the same diffuser but the left and right fin part of the diffuser do not align with the bumper. Did you have that problem too?
Mine came out very nice on both cars. I molded and repainted the entire rear bumper on the IS250 and here is the fitment that you can judge yourself.

Old 03-31-15, 05:11 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^ molding is a must with diffusers (and big spoilers) IMO.

Love that clean and aggressive look!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Unique FSport DUAL IS250/IS350 build[s]