Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Unique FSport DUAL IS250/IS350 build[s]

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-15, 05:45 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks good. I love how it looks on your car. I hate dealing with replica kits. My diffuser don't even fit at all. Not sure what I want to do with it since I got it painted already. Some guy told me he had to use a heatgun and basically melt the polyurethane into shape.

How much did it cost you to mold the diffuser?
Old 04-01-15, 11:46 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by smokyis350
That looks good. I love how it looks on your car. I hate dealing with replica kits. My diffuser don't even fit at all. Not sure what I want to do with it since I got it painted already. Some guy told me he had to use a heatgun and basically melt the polyurethane into shape.

How much did it cost you to mold the diffuser?
Thanks man. For big and complex flow like that, it is best to mold it. It cost a bit higher but worth it. Even authentic parts installed doesn't look as good as molded replica because without molding, you will see the seam lines no matter what. I had the same diffuser installed on IS350 (not molded), it fits well but there are gap in the line which doesn't look as good.

I did this long time ago and forgot how much I paid but talk to Long in DTM Autobody, let him know Kevin with two Lexus IS refer you here, he will take care of you.

Last edited by FSportIS; 04-01-15 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-01-15, 04:26 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Thanks man. For big and complex flow like that, it is best to mold it. It cost a bit higher but worth it. Even authentic parts installed doesn't look as good as molded replica because without molding, you will see the seam lines no matter what. I had the same diffuser installed on IS350 (not molded), it fits well but there are gap in the line which doesn't look as good.

I did this long time ago and forgot how much I paid but talk to Long in DTM Autobody, let him know Kevin with two Lexus IS refer you here, he will take care of you.
I'm not even sure my diffuser could even be molded at this point. The fitment is super off. Like it is a joke. I'll try to get a pic of the fitment of my diffuser. The middle part looks fine, it's just the left and right part that goes to the side of bumper that doesn't fit.

Is that body shop in Socal?
Old 04-01-15, 04:54 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by smokyis350
I'm not even sure my diffuser could even be molded at this point. The fitment is super off. Like it is a joke. I'll try to get a pic of the fitment of my diffuser. The middle part looks fine, it's just the left and right part that goes to the side of bumper that doesn't fit.

Is that body shop in Socal?
When I received my part, it seems off too especially the left and right side like you mentioned but DTM bodyshop was able to make it fit probably with some bending and heating that I'm not quite sure. Yes, they are located in El Monte. http://dtmautobody.com/ to see their sample work.

Good luck with your project.
Old 04-01-15, 05:24 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

When I received my part, it seems off too especially the left and right side like you mentioned but DTM bodyshop was able to make it fit probably with some bending and heating that I'm not quite sure. Yes, they are located in El Monte. http://dtmautobody.com/ to see their sample work.

Good luck with your project.
OK, sounds like it is normal to have the fitment to be a bit retarded. Wish I was in SoCal or else I would definitely pay them a visit. Sounds like they know what they are doing because the installation looks flawless on yours.

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-03-15, 09:32 AM
MrHarris
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

What dampening stiffness difference in ratio do you recommend between the front and rear shocks/coilovers?

How much wheel gap does the front and rear have on the IS250? How's the ride comfort compared to stock?

Is the tire to fender gap the same all around on your two vehicles or is the front slightly higher/have a bigger wheel gap?
Old 04-03-15, 09:34 AM
MrHarris
Intermediate

Also what tires are you running on your two cars? Which one handles better?
Old 04-03-15, 09:59 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MrHarris
What dampening stiffness difference in ratio do you recommend between the front and rear shocks/coilovers?

How much wheel gap does the front and rear have on the IS250? How's the ride comfort compared to stock?

Is the tire to fender gap the same all around on your two vehicles or is the front slightly higher/have a bigger wheel gap?
I have BCR coilovers on IS250 2012.

For street comfortable driving, I find that 18 clicks (away from stiffest) and 22 clicks (away from stiffest) is the sweet spot. I find having a bit softer rear give some more comfort. The front cannot be too soft or else you will be bottoming or rubbing all over.This really depends on your personal preference.

In general, the softer the shocks, the better it absorbs bump but more body lean while stiffer settings will give you firmer and sharper handling with reduced body lean. Stiffer settings don't absorb bump quick enough so it is jarring to the ride quality. Also, too stiff on the rear can also be a bad thing because you end up spinning the tire easier.

Therefore depending on the road condition, for better handling, you need to adjust accordingly. On race track where it is perfect flat road without pot hole, you can go as stiff as you can for sharper handling feedback. However on street with bumps and imperfections, you should use softer settings to be able to absorb the bumps, else it is jarring ride and also you will spin the tires here and there especially in wet condition which can be dangerous.

I don't slam my car but I lower it enough for better handling on street and the sweet spot for me is about 1 finger gap front and 0.5 finger gap rear. I believe this is about (1.7 inch front and 2 inch back). The ride quality depends on the dampening settings, with the 18/22 (away from stiffest), I find the quality very close to stock. It has better ride quality than my lower springs set up that I tried before.

I like to have a little bit more gap in the front to have more suspension travel to absorb bumps and avoid rubbing/scraping/damaging front bumper lip issue. I can drive in any driveway, gas station, parking lots etc without much problem.
Old 04-03-15, 10:11 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Also what tires are you running on your two cars? Which one handles better?
I have Continental DWS ultra high all season tires on IS250 and Hankook V12 high performance summer tires on IS350.

DWS
Pros: Will last a long time (expecting 40-50k miles?), very comfortable, very quiet, good handle for street on dry.
Cons: Weak fat and ugly sidewall, does not handle well in autocross/track, not too good in rain (I spin my tires various times in rain lol).

Hankook V12:
Pros: Handle awesome both dry and wet, handle quite good in autocross/track, half price of Michelin Pilot Super Sport but handle just as good as PSS, easy to drift with (I did that legally on autocross), quiet, good looking sidewall.
Cons: Lasts a lot shorter than DWS (expecting 20-30k miles?).

If you want to save money and comfortable tire that handles so so, go with DWS. If you want performance, go with Hankook v12.
Old 04-03-15, 01:22 PM
MrHarris
Intermediate

I went with Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Positions, hope they do me good.

Do you have any FIGS engineering parts or bushings installed?

I have Continental DWS ultra high all season tires on IS250 and Hankook V12 high performance summer tires on IS350.

DWS
Pros: Will last a long time (expecting 40-50k miles?), very comfortable, very quiet, good handle for street on dry.
Cons: Weak fat and ugly sidewall, does not handle well in autocross/track, not too good in rain (I spin my tires various times in rain lol).

Hankook V12:
Pros: Handle awesome both dry and wet, handle quite good in autocross/track, half price of Michelin Pilot Super Sport but handle just as good as PSS, easy to drift with (I did that legally on autocross), quiet, good looking sidewall.
Cons: Lasts a lot shorter than DWS (expecting 20-30k miles?).

If you want to save money and comfortable tire that handles so so, go with DWS. If you want performance, go with Hankook v12.
Old 04-03-15, 01:23 PM
MrHarris
Intermediate

BTW what are your spring rates front and rear? standard or swift? BCR is 32 way adjustable?
Old 04-03-15, 01:37 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

I went with Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Positions, hope they do me good.

Do you have any FIGS engineering parts or bushings installed?
The tires you have are pretty good.

No, I don't have FIGS #2 poly bushings. I might get it in the future but I don't have inner tire wear for now. I find it helpful to run exact 0 toes on all 4 corners when you do alignment, it helps prevent inner tire wear.
Old 04-03-15, 01:38 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

BTW what are your spring rates front and rear? standard or swift? BCR is 32 way adjustable?
12k/mm front and 10k/mm rear on standard springs and yes 32 way adjustable.
Old 04-03-15, 02:48 PM
MrHarris
Intermediate

12k/mm front and 10k/mm rear on standard springs and yes 32 way adjustable.
Nice.

im 14kfront/10k rear.

24 adjustable

21 front, 18 rear. i like the ride tho ****s weird. maybe its the swift springs. i got fortune auto 500 coils
Old 04-03-15, 03:53 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Nice.

im 14kfront/10k rear.

24 adjustable

21 front, 18 rear. i like the ride tho ****s weird. maybe its the swift springs. i got fortune auto 500 coils
Is 21 away from stiffest or softest? Fortune Auto 500 is actually very good coils. Your spring rates are perfect. How low are you and any rubbing issue?

Quick Reply: Unique FSport DUAL IS250/IS350 build[s]