IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cusco Strut Tower Bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-15, 02:16 PM
Brands
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cusco Strut Tower Bar

I installed my strut bar and It just doesn't let me close my hood. I know I installed it right and it looks good. But in order to close my hood I have to use force and when I pop it open it just comes up too fast and makes a noise that breaks my heart lol kinda like when you get curb rash on your rims lol. Well yea anyone have any suggestions? I'll post a pic of mine compared to another that is done right. Thanks for the help
Old 02-18-15, 02:22 PM
Brands
Rookie

This is my IS350

And this is one straight from Google pics

Notice how his is really close to the cover. Mine pops up significantly and idk why. Do you think they sent me the wrong part? I got it from b2autodesigns. The thing is that it looks exactly like all the other Cisco strut bars on other IS'S and it's made for the 250,350, and the ISF. Anyone have tips or info?
Old 02-18-15, 04:02 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you see any depressions on the heat cover on the inside of the hood. The 2nd pic looks just like your car but you're right on how yours is raised up a bit. First I thought maybe your blue towers were installed on the wright side but it looks just like the 2nd pic. Maybe try installing it all over again. I'm not sure about it all. Good luck.
Old 02-18-15, 04:44 PM
Brands
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Do you see any depressions on the heat cover on the inside of the hood. The 2nd pic looks just like your car but you're right on how yours is raised up a bit. First I thought maybe your blue towers were installed on the wright side but it looks just like the 2nd pic. Maybe try installing it all over again. I'm not sure about it all. Good luck.
Thanks bro and yea when I close it there's a little mark showing that it was sitting on top of the bar.
Old 02-18-15, 06:21 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Here is a close up of mine but was GT Spec....real similar.
Attached Thumbnails Cusco Strut Tower Bar-motor-pic.jpg  
Old 02-18-15, 08:32 PM
Brands
Rookie

Looks nice I was going to get that one but they were out of stock and I would've had to wait till April. Yea yours sits way lower than mine once I tighten my strut bar it starts to elevate and when I loosen up all the bolts it sits like yours.
Old 02-18-15, 09:44 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

keep us posted on what the issue is/ solutions! I just ordered one from a different vendor so I'm curious as to why this strange thing happened!
Did you try to contact b2autodesigns?
Old 02-18-15, 11:18 PM
edwinlexus
Rookie

I got the same one and had that problem . I just grain down the bottom of the bracket a bit and open the hold were the brace go a bit to the back and the hood closed perfect.
Name:  untitled 1.png
Views: 1232
Size:  54.5 KB

Name:  untitled.png
Views: 1185
Size:  56.9 KB
Old 02-19-15, 08:15 AM
b2designs
Former Sponsor

I have contacted Cusco. I have sold a ton of these and haven't had this problem before. I would recommend what Sffd103 said. Try that. I will get back to you on what Cusco say.

Charles
Old 02-19-15, 12:30 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Can I just say I LOVE the 3rd gen engine cover on there! I've been waiting to find a gently used one to add to my 2nd gen; just haven't been able to find one yet.
Old 02-19-15, 04:23 PM
Brands
Rookie

Originally Posted by Gville350
Can I just say I LOVE the 3rd gen engine cover on there! I've been waiting to find a gently used one to add to my 2nd gen; just haven't been able to find one yet.
Haha thanks bro there was one laying around my school surprisingly and since it was a loner car my auto teach gave it to me.
Old 02-19-15, 04:25 PM
Brands
Rookie

Thanks b2 designs , but I already re installed it at least 10 times with no luck at all. Ive tried every solution I could find so far. Just let me know what happens at cusco thanks
Old 02-19-15, 04:28 PM
Brands
Rookie

Did you have better pictures? Cuz idk what your saying bro. @edwinlexus
Old 02-19-15, 04:35 PM
Brands
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nixcision
keep us posted on what the issue is/ solutions! I just ordered one from a different vendor so I'm curious as to why this strange thing happened!
Did you try to contact b2autodesigns?
I'll let you know. And yea I have called them. They're trying to contact cusco to figure out what is going on. They've got really good customer service I called and the next day the guy called me and was trying to help figure out the problem. He said theyll get back to me hopefully soon cuz I want it on my car already.
Old 02-19-15, 06:53 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Brands
I'll let you know. And yea I have called them. They're trying to contact cusco to figure out what is going on. They've got really good customer service I called and the next day the guy called me and was trying to help figure out the problem. He said theyll get back to me hopefully soon cuz I want it on my car already.
This actually happened to me on my 3g IS350 F AWD. There is a 2" gap from the engine cover to the bottom of the bar. You can fit two fingers. The install instructions are in japanese. At a loss.

Quick Reply: Cusco Strut Tower Bar