800HP+ E85 2jz lets do this together

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-22, 05:00 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts
Default 800HP+ E85 2jz lets do this together

As some of you already know

I had a 500 wheel sc 20 psi but on the TT ecu mod. basically using supra stuff.

sold the car and got a cleaner one to start over bigger better faster.

I've got bigger goals this time around and am shooting for e85 25+psi and 750+hp

Do i need to upgrade the stock rail? some people are saying new feed and use the stock feed as a return.
stock tank? if so any advice on getting 2 fat pumps in there and sealed from fumes.

1000cc injectors, flex fuel sensor or not? any ecu recommendations? leaning towards Ecumasters black or AEM infinity-6

For the trans i'm just going to bite the bullet and grannas racing t56 it. i think the cheapest 700 trans will be fine. (chime in otherwise)

For the Turbo i'm thinking a 64 or 67mm ball bearing garrett or precision.

Rear end I'm go OSgiken and custom drive shaft. i had 275 tires on my last Sc without messing with fenders. probably getting different offset rims and tryna get 285s or 295s in there.

Last edited by scsexy; 01-07-22 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-07-22, 07:57 PM
CLass of 1
Advanced

Received 295 Likes on 190 Posts

I’d recommend new rails. The whole point of this build is to “do it right” this time “bigger and better” right? So why cheap out there? I would look to Radium and use a fuel pulsation damper as well. It really helps when it comes time to tune and the Radium one’s have a great track record not leaking.

Fuel pump hangar, Radium again… but I’m sure there’s lots of other options you can try.

Flex fuel sensor is a must, in my opinion. You want to be able to run whatever fuel you can get your hands on and they aren’t expensive to buy and implement.

For ECU, I’m partial to Haltech from my research. Shops like Titan Motorsports don’t like AEM and prefer MoTec and Haltech over all others. Ease of tuning, lots of features and long, storied histories with both. The Haltech is the better bargain, for sure.

T56 is going to require plenty of tunnel surgery. Is the CD00A transmission any smaller than the T56? CD00A transmission and V160 transmission have virtually identical gear ratios too. The T56 is geared taller for the large displacement V8s they were designed for. I think the closer ratios will be a better fit for the powerband of a big single GTE. Might be worth a look!

Nick
Old 01-08-22, 12:18 AM
ninetwo
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by scsexy
As some of you already know

I had a 500 wheel sc 20 psi but on the TT ecu mod. basically using supra stuff.

sold the car and got a cleaner one to start over bigger better faster.

I've got bigger goals this time around and am shooting for e85 25+psi and 750+hp

Do i need to upgrade the stock rail? some people are saying new feed and use the stock feed as a return.
stock tank? if so any advice on getting 2 fat pumps in there and sealed from fumes.

1000cc injectors, flex fuel sensor or not? any ecu recommendations? leaning towards Ecumasters black or AEM infinity-6

For the trans i'm just going to bite the bullet and grannas racing t56 it. i think the cheapest 700 trans will be fine. (chime in otherwise)

For the Turbo i'm thinking a 64 or 67mm ball bearing garrett or precision.

Rear end I'm go OSgiken and custom drive shaft. i had 275 tires on my last Sc without messing with fenders. probably getting different offset rims and tryna get 285s or 295s in there.
Got pics of your old wheel setup? Sounds exciting man - I'm a noob to SC, manual, and turbos but hope to tackle some of the same mods as you this summer.
Old 01-08-22, 04:10 AM
Rcreegan
Pit Crew

Received 118 Likes on 87 Posts

with the grannas f magnum tremec trans their is barely and tunnel surgery needed. Takes about 5 mins total. The 700a kit is rated to 750ftlbs of torque which is about 1000whp behind a 2jz.

radium hanger for a sc300? Have seen, I would recommend the phr dual/triple pumps hanger

Originally Posted by CLass of 1
I’d recommend new rails. The whole point of this build is to “do it right” this time “bigger and better” right? So why cheap out there? I would look to Radium and use a fuel pulsation damper as well. It really helps when it comes time to tune and the Radium one’s have a great track record not leaking.

Fuel pump hangar, Radium again… but I’m sure there’s lots of other options you can try.

Flex fuel sensor is a must, in my opinion. You want to be able to run whatever fuel you can get your hands on and they aren’t expensive to buy and implement.

For ECU, I’m partial to Haltech from my research. Shops like Titan Motorsports don’t like AEM and prefer MoTec and Haltech over all others. Ease of tuning, lots of features and long, storied histories with both. The Haltech is the better bargain, for sure.

T56 is going to require plenty of tunnel surgery. Is the CD00A transmission any smaller than the T56? CD00A transmission and V160 transmission have virtually identical gear ratios too. The T56 is geared taller for the large displacement V8s they were designed for. I think the closer ratios will be a better fit for the powerband of a big single GTE. Might be worth a look!

Nick
Old 01-08-22, 04:54 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Moving this to the Build Section
Old 01-08-22, 05:36 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by CLass of 1

Nick
Thanks yeah i havn't decided on the ECU thanks for the recommendation. Now i'm seriously considering Haltech, full ecu and plug and play harness for 1800 thats not bad at all

My auto sc has a 4.2 rear diff ratio so i figured thats an extra 300+ to the cd009 build. I priced everything and for a good cd009 with a 700+tq clutch was going to run 4500ish vs just having the t56 and knowing its good forever at 5500ish.

Good call on the Radium i'll for sure keep it in mind. I think i'm going to do a FFIM i'll just have to cross check compatibility on the fuel rail because it seems to be for the 2jzGTE. Do you think it matters? top feed vs side feed injectors? i figured without the intake over the top you can just run big top feeds with plenty of room..

Last edited by scsexy; 01-08-22 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-08-22, 07:05 PM
Rcreegan
Pit Crew

Received 118 Likes on 87 Posts

@scsexy well I can tell you 8.8 setup pro axles, f magnum, driveshaft and Tilton twin disk was a little over 11k. I still need to get a diff built, but a trutrac Lsd, and all the diff rebuild parts- seals 4.10 gears, bearings…. It’s the never ending list. Started as a budget that quickly turned into 20k with a pile of new parts. I would recommend the elite 2500 with the plug and play adaptor.
The following users liked this post:
scsexy (01-14-22)
Old 01-09-22, 12:29 PM
Accord-R
Rookie

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

For my setup I am using the Haltech 2500 with the flex fuel sensor and 1600cc injectors. Using a 6870 and I should hit over 1000whp on E85. It is also getting triple Walboro pumps. Should have the car back next month and will post more info.
The following 2 users liked this post by Accord-R:
Rcreegan (01-09-22), scsexy (01-14-22)
Old 01-10-22, 02:24 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

AYYYYYY! IBTL lol jk. So stoked to see this thing come together and I'm sad I'm not up the street anymore to come check in on you lol.