Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Project 2JT

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-15, 09:33 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Any of you out there wanting to make major upgrades or changes to your car should consider contacting Gazi and having him buy the car for you through the auction. The fees are reasonable and you can part it and sell what you don't need and should be able to make up your costs and then some. You end up with free upgrades. No better way to do it!!

Ryan
SC400TT

Some of these auctions from Copart and other auction sites are free for all meaning anyone can bid. All my 4 SCs except the Black Pearl got great interiors and other parts because of salvage cars I bought from Copart. No better way to do it as Ryan said and I have mentioned multiple times in my build thread.

You can sell those parts you don't need on your local craigslist, ebay or if you meet the requirements of our forum, you can do a ONE TIME partout .

Last edited by gerrb; 01-28-15 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-28-15, 09:47 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Some of these auctions from Copart and other auction sites are free for all meaning anyone can bid. All my 4 SCs except the Black Pearl got great interiors and other parts because of salvage cars I bought from Copart. No better way to do it as Ryan said and I have mentioned multiple times in my build thread.

You can sell those parts you don't need on your local craigslist, ebay or if you meet the requirements of our forum, you can do a ONE TIME partout .

Agreed...I've been on Copart. Great place too. This one was on IAAI. The benefit of Aliga is that you can send him your wants, your location and he will send you a link to the vehicle going up for bid in advance, tell you what he thinks it will go for, and bid it for you with you either giving him a limit you will pay. When it goes up for bid, it is over in about 10 seconds...Many of the locations I saw from Copart were very far from me...Too much in transport costs...Aliga only notifies me of places in or very close to Florida so I can even drive there myself and pick the car all within one day. That saves a ton of costs...I was not even aware of this one, but because I told Aliga what I wanted to do, he sent me a link and followed up with me to be sure I saw it. His fees are nominal and well worth his time and expertise. In fact, both cars I bought, I only had fuel costs to pick up and bring the car to my house. Approximately $60 in gas...Can't beat that.

Ryan
Old 01-28-15, 09:58 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

not true, some cars are free to bid, not all.
Old 01-28-15, 10:01 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by aliga
not true, some cars are free to bid, not all.
Exactly ! Some States need you to go through a broker or should have a license to bid even for salvage vehicles and some no , reason I said SOME of these auctions...just have to check the list on their site. But there are a lot of vehicles you can bid on as individual as per my experience. You just have to be patient and wait for the right car for you. They always bring out new listings.

Last edited by gerrb; 01-28-15 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-28-15, 11:48 AM
DShiekhi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One Sexy SC: A 1994 Lexus SC400 Father/Son Work in Progress

One Sexy SC: A 1994 Lexus SC400 Father/Son Work in Progress

Over the course of a year, forum member JayDM400 will be taking his Diamond White Pearl 1994 Lexus SC400 to another level with the help of his dad, fellow Club Lexus poster SC400TT.

Read the rest on the ClubLexus.com homepage. >>
Old 01-28-15, 12:11 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I tell you, when I bought my car a couple of years ago my son had zero interest in it. He really just wasn't a "car guy" like his old man. When I bought his, wow, things changed. Now I get a weekly list of things he wants to do. I have finally got him into working on the car too so we've had a great few months doing things to his car. The only problem now is one of us is going to have to get an extra job.

Ryan, you guys enjoy it while you can, they leave home pretty quick.

Pic of mine and the son's car.

Shane
Attached Thumbnails Project 2JT-twin.jpg   Project 2JT-twin1.jpg  
Old 01-29-15, 06:48 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SSmith
I tell you, when I bought my car a couple of years ago my son had zero interest in it. He really just wasn't a "car guy" like his old man. When I bought his, wow, things changed. Now I get a weekly list of things he wants to do. I have finally got him into working on the car too so we've had a great few months doing things to his car. The only problem now is one of us is going to have to get an extra job.

Ryan, you guys enjoy it while you can, they leave home pretty quick.

Pic of mine and the son's car.

Shane
Thanks Shane...Good story with your son! Always great to bond on and around cars...My son already left and came back!! I know he will take off again some day, but he is such a welcome and awesome young man that I have no intention of pushing him out. It's fun working on the car together...If weather permits, we have a lot to do this weekend!!

Ryan
Old 01-30-15, 07:24 PM
2JayT
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the support gang!!!

We shall keep you all updated, and post up pics.
This is going to be a fun and exciting journey.... number 2 haha

Thanks again pops!!!
Old 02-01-15, 04:55 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

We've completely stripped Jason's interior, other than the dash. We have cleaned and disinfected the whole interior three times now, and vacuumed it three times as well. We have removed the Shine Kit and have cleaned it up and are preparing it for shipping to the buyer. we have stripped off the interior parts we don't want and tossed them and the rest we will post up for sale.

It was a good weekend working on his car. It is going to be nice.

Ryan
Old 02-14-15, 10:49 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Update!!

So, between working and trying to get sleep, we haven aged to partially part out the car and send out most of the parts sold to members.

We did have time to reupholster his two front seats. We are going with a Two-Tone design. Since the upper dash is black we decided to keep the seats similar. We used the Leatherseats.com covers and they are of excellent quality.

The lower garnish is black, the seat back is black, the seatbelts are black, the headrest is black. All of those parts came off myarted out 2000 SC300. All black parts are original black and not tanned.

Here are a few pics of the seats,
Attached Thumbnails Project 2JT-image.jpg   Project 2JT-img_2216.jpg   Project 2JT-img_2217.jpg   Project 2JT-img_0176.jpg   Project 2JT-img_0177.jpg  

Last edited by SC400TT; 02-17-15 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-01-15, 05:52 PM
2JayT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kez
the best types of builds with countless moments of,"Dad that's upside down." Lol
HAHAHAHA, so far its been "Dad, Thats the wrong way". LOL
Old 03-01-15, 06:56 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2JayT
HAHAHAHA, so far its been "Dad, Thats the wrong way". LOL
Uhhhh, No, it's been: "Son, try the opposite way on that ratchet"...LOL Who had to get under the dash and push in the tabs of the airbag so we could get it out???

Both of my son's cars...His SC400 and the wrecked SC300 are with one of my main Lexus guys right now...Swapping in the complete SC300 into the SC400. I simply do not have that kind of space and time.

Jason's project is really on the way. Both cars are stripped of their interiors. Soon, he will have a 2j SC400...I'm sure that badge will come off of his car...Maybe he should do what Shane did and name it SCupra...LOL

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 03-02-15 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-31-15, 04:41 PM
2JayT
Driver School Candidate

Default Update

Heres some quick updates gang,

A lot has been swapped over:

-Electronics
-All wiring harnesses
-Fuel Pump
-Fuel Lines
-ABS
-ABS hardlines
-Rear Subframe
-Big Brakes Front and Rear
-20' Wheels and Tires
-Rear Diff
-Drive Shaft
-2JZ-GE
-Transmission
-Doors
-Fenders
-Hood
-Lights
-97' update swap
-Fujin Front Lip

More To Come, With Customization As Well.
Pics will follow...

Old 03-31-15, 07:42 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Right on Son!! Lot's yet to do, but lot's completed at this point!!

Ryan
Old 04-05-15, 01:34 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

This is great! Once this car is running and all checks out, we will then build it as a NAt. This car will be a nice, quick and a fast daily driver. Gonna be fun taking pics of our cars together and running some laps. Although I don't really want to track my car, I will do a little with you, my son...

Ryan

Quick Reply: Project 2JT