Project 2JT

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-15, 05:05 PM
2JayT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project 2JT

Gang,

My dad bought me a 94 SC400 about 3 years ago. I have decided to turn it into a project now. My dad and I are going to build this one together since he is basically done with his SC400TT project now. (He still tweaks it...). So why not follow in his footsteps, but with a twist...Take my SC400 and swap in a 2JZ and turbo it. So, that is what we are doing. Expect it to take a year to complete. Starting with swapping out some body parts and changing the look a little. Currently it is Diamond Pearl White with a tan interior. I am keeping the exterior color for now but am changing the interior to a Black/Tan two-tone and adding other goodies. I am also swapping in a perfectly good running 2JZ to replace the 1UZ...My dad does not want to do another 1UZ turbo and I don't want to spend that kind of time and cash...Here are some pics of the car before the changes:
Attached Thumbnails Project 2JT-img_0209.jpg   Project 2JT-img_0206.jpg   Project 2JT-img_0205.jpg   Project 2JT-img_0208.jpg   Project 2JT-img_0207.jpg  

Old 01-25-15, 05:17 PM
2JayT
Driver School Candidate

Here is a short list of some new parts going on:

1) LS 400 BBK in front
2) Supra TT BBK in rear
3) Megan Coil Overs
4) 3 Spoke Black Lexus Steering Wheel
5) 97 Black Dash and Airbag
6) Black Status 20" wheels
7) Replacing the Shine Front Bumper with a 97 OEM Bumper and a Fujin Urethane Lip
8) Swapping a 97 2JZ and all OEM electronics including Gauge Pod
9) HID Low beams
10) HID 97 Fogs
11) Brand new Sandstone Leatherseats.com Front and Rear Seat covers
12) Cusco Strut Tower Bar
13) Injen Cold Air Intake

More to come...

Jay
Old 01-25-15, 05:25 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Hot Damn!!

Son, it is time...The FORCED is with you, and you will achieve SC One-Ness!! HA HA, LOL. I will be there by your side my young PadaWan, guiding your moves and your thoughts as you learn the ways of the SC. As you grow in knowledge and skill, you will learn to use the FORCED as you Turbo your ride. Just don't take 10 years like I did.

May the Forced be with you!!

Dad

Last edited by SC400TT; 01-25-15 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-25-15, 07:09 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

WOW. This is great!

Father and son all on one forum showing love for the SC! It's beautiful.

I am rooting for you guys.
Old 01-25-15, 08:38 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
WOW. This is great!

Father and son all on one forum showing love for the SC! It's beautiful.

I am rooting for you guys.
Thanks for the well wishes!! My son has wanted an SC ever since I bought mine, so, why not? I told him 500 WHP is plenty...It will be fun to work on a 2JZ this time too!! He will run an AEM, and a solid turbo...Probably a Bullseye Power like mine but a bit bigger...

Ryan
Old 01-26-15, 06:40 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome, this is truly outstanding. What a story for the ages

Looking forward to side by side SC pics for father and son.
Old 01-26-15, 12:18 PM
InLyneTrbo
Pole Position

This thread = My life goal for when I have children. Looking forward to the build.
Old 01-26-15, 12:56 PM
N1T3MARE
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

This is going to be awesome! Good luck on the progress.
Old 01-27-15, 05:04 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

the best types of builds with countless moments of,"Dad that's upside down." Lol
Old 01-27-15, 05:29 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This is going to a great build, a father, son...LUKE he is your father! lol..make sure you listen to him-the man knows what he's doing!
Old 01-27-15, 07:35 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

How dare you Ryan? You haven't even updated us with some high quality pics with the end result of your 10 year long project, and now your son is gonna school us of how it's done right...SMH LOL
Old 01-28-15, 06:37 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

This will be great... father and son tandem !

Kids who listen to their elders are usually the ones who are more successful in life than kids who don't listen and think that they know it all. That is how kids of these social media generation are... .they pretend to know it all and do it their way.

Surely this will be another great build. Good Luck !
Old 01-28-15, 08:44 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by soarer213
Welcome, this is truly outstanding. What a story for the ages

Thanks so much! It is going to be fun...A 1UZ and a 2JZ, both FI!

Looking forward to side by side SC pics for father and son.
Yep, we are going to find some real photogenic spots and get out the D SLR and the tripod for some great high res pics.

Originally Posted by InLyneTrbo
This thread = My life goal for when I have children. Looking forward to the build.
Do it Man!

Originally Posted by N1T3MARE
This is going to be awesome! Good luck on the progress.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by kez
the best types of builds with countless moments of,"Dad that's upside down." Lol
That's very funny!! LOL!!

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
This is going to a great build, a father, son...LUKE he is your father! lol..make sure you listen to him-the man knows what he's doing!
Awesome kudos! Thanks!! He is a good listener, most of the time...LOL

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
How dare you Ryan? You haven't even updated us with some high quality pics with the end result of your 10 year long project, and now your son is gonna school us of how it's done right...SMH LOL
It is back in the shop getting a total repaint. There was a rumor over a year ago that I got into an accident, and that was painfully true. It was minor but still expensive. I have had more custom body work done on it and it should be finished in the paint booth within the next 2 weeks. Then to a new TUNER as that was a major sore spot in the past and why i never did post up any real big numbers. Stand by...But, look to my thread as I don't want to jack my son's thread...LOL

Originally Posted by gerrb
This will be great... father and son tandem !

Kids who listen to their elders are usually the ones who are more successful in life than kids who don't listen and think that they know it all. That is how kids of these social media generation are... .they pretend to know it all and do it their way.

So very true...

Surely this will be another great build. Good Luck !
It will be done right. There is no other way...

Ryan
Old 01-28-15, 08:47 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Awesome......Glad the SC bug stayed in the family
Old 01-28-15, 09:17 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Default Saddened...

I do want to note that I am real saddened by the misfortune of one of our most excellent members on CL...It was through his misfortune that we were able to jump start my son's project and also add a few crucial items to mine that I was looking for a deal on, and the car we bought from the auction was well endowed with love, sweat, and money spent on several nice upgrades. When we bid on the car, we did not know what upgrades it had, or who the CL Member was that previously owned the car. We did some research after I picked it up last Friday and we figured it out. I am not going to post up the member's name, and I would appreciate it if none of you do out of respect to him. I have had PM's with him and he is a great member...If he wants to write about it, let's let him speak up. I hope he did well with his insurance company.

Also, GIANT PROPS to Aliga!! I have now bought (2) complete vehicles through him for each project!! It has made a huge difference in the expense by saving me thousands of dollars each time. The first car was a 2000 Black/Black SC300. I needed the black interior. I won that bid at an incredibly low price...I won't even say, how low but it was incredible!! We paid more for this one, but still, it was a very great deal. Any of you out there wanting to make major upgrades or changes to your car should consider contacting Gazi and having him buy the car for you through the auction. The fees are reasonable and you can part it and sell what you don't need and should be able to make up your costs and then some. You end up with free upgrades. No better way to do it!!

Peace,

Ryan
SC400TT

Here is my car at the Spring Break Nationals in 2013 where I took 1st Place and Best in Show. When I post up again, look for the subtle differences on my thread: SC400TT Project Car.
Attached Thumbnails Project 2JT-img_1017.jpg   Project 2JT-img_2844.jpg   Project 2JT-img_0566.jpg  

Last edited by SC400TT; 01-28-15 at 09:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Project 2JT