Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

FSportDRM IS350 Minibuild

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-16, 06:47 PM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picked up an unexpected package from Josh @ Meraki Autoworks. I havent test fitted it yet, however the paint is OEM quality and the part itself is perfect. Looks like it'll be a simple install with two holes on each side needing to be drilled. other that that it'll be bolted on the bottom with OEM bolts and 3M take on the body. It's different and will take away from the OEM look, but I like different. Look for my Skipper front spoiler to be for sale here shortly.
Attached Thumbnails FSportDRM IS350 Minibuild-dsc_0187.jpg   FSportDRM IS350 Minibuild-dsc_0188.jpg  
Old 03-25-16, 09:12 PM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Well I think like many of us here when we get new parts I wasn't able to contain myself. I did a test fitment of the Tom's. I must say that this lip fits like a glove, OEM like. I was able to test fit it without any issues, the quality is apparent. Honestly I am not sure how I feel about it, I think it looks o.k. not to bad but it does take away from the front bumper which I like very much. For now though I will stick with it especially since I believe it would not look right with just the rear and a front diffuser. It will most definitely look different that all the other one running around here. the grey strips are just there for guidance, once its mounted they will come off.
Attached Thumbnails FSportDRM IS350 Minibuild-dsc_0190.jpg   FSportDRM IS350 Minibuild-dsc_0193-1-.jpg   FSportDRM IS350 Minibuild-dsc_0192-1-.jpg   FSportDRM IS350 Minibuild-dsc_0191.jpg  
Old 03-26-16, 01:02 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Dang!! LOVE IT! Especially that last picture. I think it flows with the Fsport bumper!

Thanks for making the drive up sir!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-26-16, 04:34 PM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Dang!! LOVE IT! Especially that last picture. I think it flows with the Fsport bumper!

Thanks for making the drive up sir!

-Josh
Thanks Josh! BTW, I might end up getting the TOMS quad exhaust with for the rear. Im not sure, I have a Magnaflow that I love but would have to have it chopped up to for the quad exhaust tips. Here area couple of more pictures:

Old 03-26-16, 09:11 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportDRM
Thanks Josh! BTW, I might end up getting the TOMS quad exhaust with for the rear. Im not sure, I have a Magnaflow that I love but would have to have it chopped up to for the quad exhaust tips. Here area couple of more pictures:

Just get the whole body kit. Side skirts + Exhaust.

I'll give you a little better deal too now, since I know your occupation.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-27-16, 12:16 PM
Imprezario
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, add TOM'S side skirts and rear diffuser and You're done )

There are some TOM'S parts on my car (and some are coming from Japan) - build quality and fitment are top notch )
Old 03-27-16, 08:34 PM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Just get the whole body kit. Side skirts + Exhaust.

I'll give you a little better deal too now, since I know your occupation.

-Josh
Thanks Josh Ill think about it, but that exhaust might be too rich for my blood

Originally Posted by Imprezario
Man, add TOM'S side skirts and rear diffuser and You're done )

There are some TOM'S parts on my car (and some are coming from Japan) - build quality and fitment are top notch )
Yeah, TOM's is quality. I wasn't too fond of the front lip, but it's slowly growing on me. The rear diffuser I love....the side skirts? There is no way I will get those to complete the kit, IMO they weren't designed too good... but we will see.
Old 05-17-16, 09:03 PM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

ECU is out and ready to be shipped to Orange Virus. Let's were this takes me. I'm excited to see what kind of improvements these tunes will have. No baseline dyno unfortunately but there will be future ones.

Last edited by FSportDRM; 05-18-16 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-31-16, 03:48 PM
makoto
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome build! That's pretty much the exact type of build I'm going for. A lot of people go with 19 inch wheels, but 18s with RSR half downs looks great.

Was there a specific reason you replaced the Kiwamis? I'm looking into getting some new wheels, and I'm thinking of either the Kiwamis or the T7Rs.
Old 06-02-16, 02:48 AM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Originally Posted by makoto
Awesome build! That's pretty much the exact type of build I'm going for. A lot of people go with 19 inch wheels, but 18s with RSR half downs looks great.

Was there a specific reason you replaced the Kiwamis? I'm looking into getting some new wheels, and I'm thinking of either the Kiwamis or the T7Rs.
I replaced them because I hit a pot hole that ended up bending one of the front wheels. I had them repaired but they couldnt color match with the rest of the wheels. They came pretty close but not to my liking.
Old 06-05-16, 02:35 PM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Well the OV Tune didn't go through, so it looks like Ill be going with TTFS and see what they can do. Still waiting on the TOMS rear diffuser and will probably pick up the Apexi throttle controller. Im also looking for a CF rear trunk spoiler to replace the ebay one. I finally had a chance to install the Grazio shift **** with RCF boot. Wish the **** would come in the Race red color, oh well. It does feel better quality than stock.

Last edited by FSportDRM; 06-05-16 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-05-16, 02:58 PM
Baziz714
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What part of CA do you live in?
Old 06-05-16, 03:11 PM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Baziz714
What part of CA do you live in?
SoCal Riverside Co
Old 07-04-16, 08:40 AM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

I ended up getting a great deal on the Apexi Throttle controller and with the help of Mod in Japan was able to get a harness for install. Install took about 15 min. I mounted the Apexi button in one of the blank slots, however it does not sit flush but there is no better place to put it. Purple and Red mode are the only ways to go! Purple mode will die out at full throttle however, Red mode stays consistent. This should probably be one of the first purchases anyone makes.

You dont need to take of the console to get to one of the empty slots, I used one of the hobby flat heads to pry it open. I would suggest using a proper plastic trim piece though(I couldn't find mine)

Then you just feed the wire through, and the end result:

Old 08-12-16, 03:13 PM
nkseto
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What size tires are you running, and are you rubbing at all in the front?

Quick Reply: FSportDRM IS350 Minibuild