Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

GS430 from Across the Pond

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-15, 10:33 PM
RichS11
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr503
Love the look. Keep it up I'm trying to complete my build before summer. I love this forum it always seems to keep me motivated..
Thanks dude. Yeah this forum has helped me out so much with DIYs, inspiration and ideas. These are difficult cars to modify in the UK because of a lack of parts and although there is a Lexus forum here, it's nothing compared to this place.
Old 01-27-15, 11:19 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There not really difficult to modify in the UK as all the current work done on mine was accomplished when I lived there (I stayed outside of Newmarket). You just need to know where to look. There's also Club Aristo, which is more prominent in the UK.
Old 01-27-15, 11:56 PM
RichS11
Intermediate

Well it's difficult ordering parts. Customs fee's kill me haha.

I've never heard of Club Aristo. I'll have a search. Cheers dude.
Old 01-30-15, 06:13 AM
RichS11
Intermediate

I carried out an easy little DIY today. I stumbled across it in the DIY section and as I did it on my 300, I thought I'd do the 430 grill.

Before....

Grill removed and ready for a clean up....

Half way through....

Back on the car.....

Not a long DIY, but I think it transforms the front end and it will do until I pay for the Kazz Sports Grill that I really want!!
Old 02-03-15, 12:54 AM
RichS11
Intermediate

Well my new machine polisher turned up yesterday so today was meant to be the day I trialled it on the car, but sadly I woke up to this....

I know it's not much snow compared to what some of you guys are getting in the US, but there's more to come today. I'll have to test the polisher another day and stick some before and after pictures up when I do it.

Last edited by RichS11; 02-03-15 at 12:57 AM.
Old 02-10-15, 08:52 AM
RichS11
Intermediate

Well Friday can't come quick enough! Everything has arrived for my exhaust to be put on, so while I'm waiting I decided to get the machine polisher out and remove my badges....

Before....

Badges and most of the glue removed....

The before and after results from the DA....

All done....

Where the 'Lexus' badge was, the paint has cracked, so it's likely I will paint that badge black and stick it back on, but other than that, the badges came off pretty painlessly! Over the next two days I will carry out paint correction over the whole car.

Thanks.
Old 02-10-15, 10:19 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

looks good. I remember removing mine and paint corrected by hand and it took awhile. think I used Turtle wax compound but it worked and it looks factory.
Old 02-11-15, 02:06 PM
RichS11
Intermediate

Thanks TMF, I just popped to the local garage for fuel and the paint looked awesome under the lights. Cannot wait to finish the rest of the paint....

So on to todays little modification and one I am well happy about. Very cheap, very easy and makes a massive difference.

I was tired of how sensitive the steering was on my GS, so I decided to carry out the PS ECU mod' (basically wiring a pot meter into the ECU to control sensitivity).

I didn't take any pictures of the removal as there are DIY's on it, I only took images of the ECU modification itself.

The wires soldered into the location of the old resistor (old resistor pictured)....

Holes drilled into the casing for the wiring....

I put silicone in the gaps up to prevent any dust getting in.....

The final location of where I wanted the dial to be. In this picture the whole system is set-up and working. I have to say it's amazing. I can dial in exactly where I want the sensitivity and there is no issues with feedback. This is a lot better and more reliable than disconnecting the ECU altogether....

Old 02-11-15, 06:16 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

great work . is there a big difference?
Old 02-12-15, 12:46 AM
RichS11
Intermediate

Thanks and yes. For slow turns and parking the steering is heavy (if I have the dial turned all the way down). If I turn it the other way the steering is as light as normal. It's just a case of finding the right position for the type of driving you do.

I decided to do a few miles on the motorway to see what it would be like around 70/80mph and there was no wheel shake or light steering. I currently have the dial turned a little way up from the hardest setting as it's perfect for parking that way.

It makes everything feel a little stiffer/solid. Obviously I've upgraded a lot of suspension parts lately which will also help.
Old 02-20-15, 11:51 AM
RichS11
Intermediate

My Magnaflow section arrived today. Very quick delivery from the US and very happy it arrived undamaged. Next to it is my Topspeed section, but sadly that won't be going on anytime soon. That section is 2.5" and the SS back boxes only have 2" diameter piping. I don't think it will be a good idea having the gases flow nicely through the system only to hit smaller sections at the rear. If anyone can confirm that then please do and if I am wrong then also let me know, as I'd happily install the Topspeed section at the same time. The current rear ss section I have in the garage is 2" in diameter and will run from the Magnaflow section....

I am booked in Wednesday to have the system installed. Just need to find the locations of the two rear O2 sensors as I imagine the wires run through the floor into the car??

Thanks for looking.
Old 02-20-15, 12:09 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

looks good... i just did some work on the car and noticed how small and restricted the stock y pipe is connecting to the cats... the SC430 would be the same diameter as the top speed pro pipe i believe.. 2.5'' but i also heard the stock y -pipe flows better something to do with back pressure or something...

the oxygen sensors come off at the pipe... Why would you need to go through the floor board?
Old 02-20-15, 12:15 PM
RichS11
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tmf2004
looks good... i just did some work on the car and noticed how small and restricted the stock y pipe is connecting to the cats... the SC430 would be the same diameter as the top speed pro pipe i believe.. 2.5'' but i also heard the stock y -pipe flows better something to do with back pressure or something...

the oxygen sensors come off at the pipe... Why would you need to go through the floor board?
The Magnaflow section I have is 2.25". I didn't realise I could use an SC430 section until after I ordered this. I might buy an SS 2.5" section in the future when funds allow. I too read that the Magnaflow section is better for flow and back pressure as it's close to OEM, but that's if you bin the CAT which I will be doing. For now the Topspeed section will sit in the garage.

In regards to the o2 sensors. Are the clips external? I know that on the 300 the rear most o2 sensor has the wiring run through into the cabin with the clip under the carpet? I assumed it would be similar for the 430? If not that will save me some time.
Old 02-20-15, 12:20 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by RichS11
The Magnaflow section I have is 2.25". I didn't realise I could use an SC430 section until after I ordered this. I will buy an SS 2.5" section in the future when funds allow. For now the Topspeed section will sit in the garage.

In regards to the o2 sensors. Are the clips external? I know that on the 300 the rear most o2 sensor has the wiring run through into the cabin with the clip under the carpet? I assumed it would be similar for the 430? If not that will save me some time.
what is SS? your rear section mufflers? I'm using the top speed pipe on the stock y-pipe.

i oxygen sensor should unscrew from the hole then screws back in the Magnaflow pipe... One on each side... Unless there's something different i could be wrong..
Old 02-20-15, 12:45 PM
RichS11
Intermediate

Sorry dude I should be more descriptive!

SS = Stainless steal

As for the exhaust, this is what I have if I use the Topspeed section....

Stock CATS>2.25" Magnaflow section>2.5" Topspeed pipe>2" Custom axle back, back boxes.

If I use the setup above, will going from a 2.5" section into 2" back box piping be a problem? If it is, the setup below is what I can use in the meantime.

Now if I use the system that came off my GS300 which is SS (see picture below)....

Stock CATS>2.25" Magnaflow section>2" Custom CAT back system into 2" axle back boxes as mentioned above.

(Below is the custom SS system I had on my 300)

I hope that makes my situation clearer?

As for the o2 sensor, I took a picture of the direct replacement Denso part. I understand how they fit in the piping, but it's the connector at the other end. As there is a grommet on the wiring, I imagine it must run into the car somewhere? Sadly I haven't got underneath to have a look.

Quick Reply: GS430 from Across the Pond