Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Mediocre build

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-15, 08:43 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by bsb10
I think this engine will come out nice even as an NA with cams in conjunction with the ported head. NA sc300 build, a juicy contradiction.
I considered doing the same when I first got my 98 sc300 vvt-i too, but I lost interest in it.
Old 07-18-15, 11:55 AM
bsb10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I considered doing the same when I first got my 98 sc300 vvt-i too, but I lost interest in it.
The built NA thought of mine is just a byproduct of preparation for boost. I don't have much interest in staying NA either.
Old 08-11-16, 12:39 PM
bsb10
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kez
Let's see this build come along. Nice pickup.

But I wonder if I'm going to see a little turbo instead of a super charger soon.

We got a winner
Things got complicated with the previous motor + plans, so i picked up a non vvti GTE and decided to make more work for myself.

Before my dearest crank pulley decided to come apart and push me to get a GTE, i got supra TT wheels.

Old 08-11-16, 01:45 PM
bsb10
Driver School Candidate

What my previous head ports looked like after 4k miles
... the same.

Probably going to sell the ported head, not sure if anyone would want it though.

Picked up ProEFI 128 standalone

Fresh Marlin crawler rebuilt r154

Miscellaneous parts. Toyota OEM things, oil cooler, intercooler, oil pump + extras

Making room for a single

Yeah it turned into a power build sadly.
changed goals because my whole drivetrain was wearing out before i got a chance to add any boost.
as of right now, im only collecting parts.
still need
-Fuel lines, Pump, Injectors, regulator, flex fuel sensor
- engine harness
- clutch, bellhousing, shifter extension, pedal kit ect.
- driveshaft
- turbo, manifold, exhaust
- money

There's much more i need but those are the bigger purchases.
This isnt anything special or out of the ordinary but my goal is 600 for starters.
Old 08-11-16, 09:12 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice updates. Definitely going to be a proper build! Any plans to extend that shifter on the 154?
Old 08-12-16, 01:03 AM
bsb10
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Nice updates. Definitely going to be a proper build! Any plans to extend that shifter on the 154?

Yes, im probably going to stop by driftmotion and have them fabricate it for me, i dont live too far.
I also need a 1j bell housing too, unfortunately. Makes my wallet sad to get these extras, but it'll be better for the long run.
Old 08-12-16, 09:38 AM
InLyneTrbo
Pole Position

I know what you mean about the sad wallet, but you know deep down that you are happy overall even though you will be broke as hell haha looking forward to some more updates.

Aaron and Odom are always so cool when I randomly stop by to say hi. I always like to see what projects they have on the floor and lifts, too
Old 08-12-16, 09:05 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Your SC is soo clean. Looks like that good CA weather really preserved that car. Almost like it just rolled off the assembly line. Not a single rusty nut or bolt.

Good luck with the build!
Old 08-13-16, 03:25 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Very clean car.....You guys are so lucky having cars that dont have any rust....Hard to get away from it here in the northeast
Old 08-16-16, 01:13 AM
bsb10
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Your SC is soo clean. Looks like that good CA weather really preserved that car. Almost like it just rolled off the assembly line. Not a single rusty nut or bolt.

Good luck with the build!
Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Very clean car.....You guys are so lucky having cars that dont have any rust....Hard to get away from it here in the northeast
Thanks guys, my car actually has certain imperfections like fading paint on the exterior door pillars and dings here and there. The paint was actually really rough when i got it, it had 4 or 5 owners before me but i detailed it myself till that pearl glistened.

I love the stock body a lot. I don't think ill change anything to the look of the car other than just lowering it a little. I don't really want my car to stand out, definitely trying to be the wolf in sheep skin. I want it sleeper even though nobody really knows what an Sc300 is anyway.

Here's some pics when it was mobile

Also my interior is actually shot. driver and passenger seats are torn, rear seat buckle plastics are broken, and carpet is dirty. However for 255,000 miles i think its not that bad or surprising.
with this kind of mileage i still need to service all of my suspension unfortunately.. we'll get to that part soon enough.
Old 08-16-16, 09:08 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

A gte swap wasn't the update I wanted to see, but it is still exciting. It looks like you're already off to a great start.