Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

Geero's Obsidian/Rioja Red F-Sport Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-14, 04:31 PM
geero
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Geero's Obsidian/Rioja Red F-Sport Build

For Christmas this year I decided to trade in my rocket-of-a-car Prius C for a new 2015 IS350 F-Sport. I have been eying the IS350 for a long time now & was debating between this car, an RC-F, a used IS-F or a used BMW E92 M3. I went down to Cerritos Lexus to look at the RC-F but they only had an RC-350. The RC-350 looked really nice but the back was a bit cramped and for sure my wife would give me the evil eye if I purchased that car & tried to squeeze our 15-month old boy and his car seat in the back. As for the IS-F, the new design of the IS coupe's just won me over. And for the M3...just keep hearing horror stories about reliability. So here I am a proud owner of my very FIRST LEXUS!! Car was delivered to my work by Beverly Hills Lexus...they're awesome.

So first set of business was wheels. I must say that I've browsed through the aftermarket wheel thread a million times and I decided on an oldie but goodie: The Work VS-XX 19" x 9.5" fronts and 19" x 10" rears.

The rims were bought used from a local SoCal seller who actually has them shipped from Japan and rebuilds them to your liking. I chose to have the face resurfaced with a fresh coat of Gunmetal powdercoat. The powdercoating was actually just completed and here are pics of how they turned out:

Now I just have to wait for the lip to be re-polished and reassembled. Quick question for all you mod-experts, for the TPMS would you guys recommend going with the OEM ones or aftermarket ones? Also debating which springs to use, RS-R downs, RS-R half downs, or Tein H-Techs. I want a drop but not one where I have to worry about every little bump, those days are long gone behind me. Thanks!
Old 12-31-14, 02:09 AM
felen310
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sick wheels man, looking to get my 3is within the next two months and I had a picture of these wheels on my phone..

noticed you went to cerritos lexus, thats where im planning on purchasing mine from also either there or santa monica lexus
Old 12-31-14, 10:04 AM
geero
Pole Position

i personally didn't think much of cerritos lexus. i went in there after receiving email that they had an rc-f in stock & when i got there & spoke to the sales rep he simply pointed to an rc-350 fsport & said that was the car. i told him that it was not an rc-f & he pointed to the 'f' emblem & said i didnt know what i was talking about...😕. see ya cerritos, hello beverly hills lexus & thanks for the business, lol
Old 12-31-14, 01:47 PM
daobn24
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^Cerritos Lexus is run by a bunch of clowns. When I was shopping for my car, I went to 4 local Lexus dealers and Cerritos was by far the worst of the bunch.

Wheels looking nice! As for the TPMS, I'd stay with the stock ones if you can. Sewell sell them at a reasonable price. If you live near La Palma/Cerritos area and want to see what RS*R Down with 19" wheels look like PM me.
Old 01-01-15, 05:44 PM
felen310
Driver

thank you for telling me this... seems like ill be going to beverly hills lexus
Old 01-01-15, 07:18 PM
felen310
Driver

Originally Posted by daobn24
^^^Cerritos Lexus is run by a bunch of clowns. When I was shopping for my car, I went to 4 local Lexus dealers and Cerritos was by far the worst of the bunch.

Wheels looking nice! As for the TPMS, I'd stay with the stock ones if you can. Sewell sell them at a reasonable price. If you live near La Palma/Cerritos area and want to see what RS*R Down with 19" wheels look like PM me.
what dealer would you recommend going to?
Old 01-01-15, 07:39 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Joining thread to see pics of the outcome.
Old 01-02-15, 10:01 AM
geero
Pole Position

minor update...got my car tinted this past weekend. went with Suntek Carbon film:

Got word that my Work VS-XX were just completed and should be delivered by this weekend. I found some Tein H-Techs from a forum vendor here at an awesome price but he just sold his last set so as soon as I get my springs & rubber for the tires ready I post more pics.
Old 01-02-15, 04:30 PM
geero
Pole Position

here are some pics of my VS-XX completed with a fresh Gun Metal powder coat and repolished lips, can't wait to slap on some rubber and mount these rims on my car

oh yeah, i just placed an order for some Tein H-Techs drop shipped from mfr so everything is starting to come together
Old 01-02-15, 08:35 PM
felen310
Driver

Cars coming together nicely can't wait to see more updates
Old 01-04-15, 05:06 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by geero
here are some pics of my VS-XX completed with a fresh Gun Metal powder coat and repolished lips, can't wait to slap on some rubber and mount these rims on my car

oh yeah, i just placed an order for some Tein H-Techs drop shipped from mfr so everything is starting to come together
Wheels looking good my friend Can't wait to see them on your IS - It's going to look epic
Old 01-05-15, 08:18 PM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Nice! I can't wait to see those wheels on there...
Old 01-05-15, 09:26 PM
wazhucks
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geero,

Your rims came out really nice! I have a set coming also from the same guy that you referred! He told me it should be done by this week! Cant wait to see the pictures of them on your car!
Old 01-06-15, 10:18 AM
geero
Pole Position

thats awesome wazhucks!! did you go with the VS-XX also? what color and size did you end up getting?

just placed an order for some factory TPMS and i also ordered some iforged TPMS adapters so i don't have to deal with that annoying amber tire alert lol.
Old 01-06-15, 12:34 PM
516IS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice Rims, can't wait to see them mounted...

Quick Reply: Geero's Obsidian/Rioja Red F-Sport Build